[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sat, 21. May 11, 17:41

vegaskingpin wrote:would this mod work with the bonus pack signed by egosoft that contains the following:

* Commercial Agent
* Commodity Logistics Software MK1
* Commodity Logistics Software MK2
* Dockware Manager
* Missile Defense Mosquito
* Turbo Boost

Thank you for reply
To add to this question:
Will the mod work with the Improved Races plugin?

Thanks!
Stealth
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 22:50

Vechs wrote:Hey! So I bought a Headquarters from the Teladi (Siezewell shipyard IIRC) and it doesn't seem to function properly.

I ordered it to reverse engineer a Heavy Osprey, and the corvette disappeared but nothing was added to the queue and the PHQ did not gain the schematic of a Heavy Osprey.

I tried several other ships and it did the same thing, although I think it did successfully reverse engineer an M5.

I tried recycling some ships too, and it would just randomly work or randomly bug out and delete the ship.

Very frustrating, it actually made me uninstall X3:TC, because for so long I had been saving up the millions to buy a PHQ, only to have my prize be buggy and useless, and it also ate half my fleet.

:(

I only had a few other mods:

Tubeless Complexes and Phanon Corporation

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=279395

I Second that. Same exact issue here! Very frustrating when I spent the time to construct a multi-billion-credit empire :P.

Cool mod though btw! Thanks for your work.
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 19:41

Cant seem to get your ecell eliminator script to work for me. I installed the .spk player mines and stations. All it does is start producing products at any station I build then resets the counters, before any products are built. I am running v3.1.1 and I do have other mods/scripts installed but nothibg that alters stations so I cant see there being a conflict. Any help with this would be realy appreciated as the scripts are amazing.

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 08:03

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about the relocation gizmo. The download package comes with files in the "t" and "scripts" folders AND an .spk file. I have installed the .spk but I apparently only get the lite version as there is no input window to enter the new coordinates.

I then copied the files from the two folders as well, but still, only the sector map opens when pressing the hotkey, no way to input any coordinates.

Are there some installation instructions with this one? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I have viewed the .spk file and it seems to contain the same files as the folders, so just a different method of installation these two. The hotkey is for the lite package, so I ran the plugin.SPERG script manually and it worked. So far so good.
How do I get it to run via hotkey and with minimal user interaction (that is, just inputting the numbers)? When running it manually I have to wade through several other things like

Script input: "null" or "select ship/station"
a window "execute command script" including a list of arguments
Script input: <number> -> enter -> enter the number etc.

usmc_red

Post by usmc_red » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 05:45

Hey I really like you mod quite a bit and I was wondering if you were still working on it, and if so did you have any plans to port it to Albion Prelude?

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Fri, 13. Jan 12, 18:12

Quick question: I loved this mod with TC, but next playthrough will probably be with Albion Prelude... does it work with that?
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Ironlion45
x4

Post by Ironlion45 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 21:53

Meltdown wrote:Quick question: I loved this mod with TC, but next playthrough will probably be with Albion Prelude... does it work with that?
Only if he re-posts it; it looks like he used Megaupload as a host.

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 03:08

Sorenson, please find a new host for this file. Every few hours i have tried to get the 1.3.3 of naval shuffle. For some reason filefront wont even let me to the x3 files page anymore, and the government stole megaupload. As of now, i am still looking forward to the awesomeness of this mod.

Alexology
x3ap

Post by Alexology » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 05:51

Apothecarian wrote:Sorenson, please find a new host for this file. Every few hours i have tried to get the 1.3.3 of naval shuffle. For some reason filefront wont even let me to the x3 files page anymore, and the government stole megaupload. As of now, i am still looking forward to the awesomeness of this mod.
Yeah that was quite a page to open. I was opening a number of tabs and eventually opened the meagupload one: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S5316590. I thought %^&*, what did I do! A grand jury?! Oh-oh....

Alexology
x3ap

Post by Alexology » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 07:25

I tired the filefront mirror but that is not working either:

Link

{Forum stretching URL changed to link - Terre}

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 14:00

Nice link... it doesn't work either ya know ;)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 04:47

Anyone have a copy of the Energy Cell Eliminator? or at least a working download, very much would like to get this.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 10:01

Here's and upload of all Sorrenson's stuff that I have kicking about.

For the X-Tra Shuffle you have to right click and 'save as' with some browsers.

DOH

Here's the link:
http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ja2/X3%20S ... 20Shuffle/
Last edited by TrixX on Sat, 7. Apr 12, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 10:11

lol I don't see any link there TrixX :lol:

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 10:24

Link added :oops:
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 07:46

is there a new link? File whatever won't let me download, and megaupload was raided by the FBI and New Zealands version of the FBI

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 06:43

I'm back.

Christ alive, it's been almost two years since I've had the X3 itch. Seems surprisingly little has changed about Terran Conflict despite what the patch notes led me to believe - this new version's pretty much minor catagory changes, as far as I can tell from scouring the last catalogues, and since putting those in didn't cause the game to crash ten seconds after startup it looks like it's good to go. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a few snafus hidden within, but again, considering how relatively minor the changes were it doesn't seem too likely.

Now, as far as Albion Prelude goes, I figure it's about high time I took a crack at it. Hopefully the differences between it and TC aren't too vast, so if I'm lucky I should be able to port over some of the bigger chunks of the source files over and then fiddle around with them to better fit with major changes AP DID enact.

EDIT: Wow. Looking through the AP catalogue files and using WinMerge to see how they differ, it turns out that there's not really a whole lot of new content. As far as backgrounds, bullets, lasers and missiles go I've pretty much copy+pasted stuff from NS TC into the AP build I'm doing - no new entries to have to worry about. I haven't touched cockpits and ships yet which HAS to have some new entries, but still, now I feel kind of silly for not doing this years ago considering how much little effort it's taken.

EDIT: Since I'm in the X modding mood, I'm going to throw out my first major idea for this season: what would you guys think of the idea of setting the gate network in a sort of "highway" fashion by setting them up in a crossway fashion at precisely 10 km above the sector plane and 10 km from the sector XY core? Rather than trucking through entire sectors, anyone passing through would only have to cross a 20 km expanse per sector and anybody with actual business in the sector would just dive down out of the traffic stream and head to their actual destination. Given that the typical gate is anywhere from 20 to 50 km from the sector core, this could decrease travel times by a staggering amount, and besides saving time the decreased travel requirements could also have major economic implications - shorter trade runs mean faster resupply, more continuous production, decreased liklihood of economic stagnation and factory decay. I think I'll do a test with the Terran sectors to see how it goes, and if things work out well I'll start forming a plan to spread it to the rest of the game map.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 00:48

Do you have an AP beta build for us to try?
I'd be willing to test this but I've come to loathe the galaxy selector in TC compared to the one in AP, I'm not going back :-)

The highway idea sounds awesome and would be worth a try, but it could also mean that the Xenon patrols lose a lot of their bite, they'd only be threatening through traffic, not the actual sector infrastructure.

For AP I would love to have jump beacons deployed in the middle of some of the larger sectors. Some sectors are so huge that nobody ever goes there to do trading. Emperor's Wisdom comes to mind, for example. Those sectors basically starve to death in every game.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:32

Fnord Lightbringer wrote:Do you have an AP beta build for us to try?
I'd be willing to test this but I've come to loathe the galaxy selector in TC compared to the one in AP, I'm not going back :-)
What do you think I've been doing all week? Do take note that it's really just the core essence of the mod, ships and guns and bullets and shields and the like - things like the waretemplate and universe file are going to require a lot more work and TC scripts may be a crapshoot due to AP changes.

Anyway, some notes regarding some of the new ships included in AP compared to TC:

* The "luxury yachts" presented a couple of problems. In-game descriptions make them out to be rather feckless little compensators, but for a game that's really kind of the OPPOSITE thing you really want - TPs are already marginalized enough compared to other ship types, so who wants another batch of equally-marginalized ships? Thus I decided to treat them as "boarding corvettes" - even better shielding and weapon power capacity than M6+ varients that puts them nicely inbetween M6 and M7 (interestingly the very concept used for the Hyperion, which is the base that spawned the luxury yacht craze). The heavier shielding and weapon energy lets a skillful pilot whittle down a target's shields (or simply stay alive while a more powerful ship does it as opposed to imploding spectacularly like a TP tends to if a big ship looks at it) and then swoop in to launch a bunch of marines

* Ships like the Albion Pride and AP Gunner, in keeping a bit with their original vanilla loadouts, are treated as "strike corvettes" capable of mounting capital-grade weapons like PPCs and PBCs in their main gun slots - useful for devestating precision attacks on single targets, though the reduced gun counts make them less useful in other situations.

* The new Drone Carriers are divided into "light" and "heavy" varients based on their weapon mountings - ships like the Griffon are considered "heavy" DCs and as such split their energy between shielding and weapon energy a lot more than carriers tend to, but are also a bit more slower, matched to their race's respective missile frigates. "Light" carriers like the Boron one are faster (same speed as regular M7s) and have a heck of a lot more shielding, but with only the minimum of weapon energy capacity to let them defend themselves.

* And then of course the big damn M2Ps like the Kyoto and Megadalon and the I are treated as M0s in the same fashion as the Valhalla.
The highway idea sounds awesome and would be worth a try, but it could also mean that the Xenon patrols lose a lot of their bite, they'd only be threatening through traffic, not the actual sector infrastructure.
In putting more thought of implimentation into it, I think any kind of an NS-included "highway" system is probably going to be limited to Terran sectors - while it'd be nice to do something like that throughout the whole galaxy that would also require a massive amount of in-system manual checks in order to ensure that things don't screw up, not to mention a lot of changing of existing object placement (asteroids in particular). A script-based system that deletes currently-existing asteroids and aligns gates would probably work much better.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 07:40

Just as a heads-up, next version of NSAP is just about ready - thankfully I was able to (mostly) use the WareTemplate file from the TC version after adding in the stock exchange stations at the end and then it was just a matter of tweaking the map files to get rid of pre-established wares at shipyards and trading docks, upgrade mines and SPPs to XL versions, so on and so on.

Only thing that's holding it up is that, for whatever reason, Argon Shipyards (the regular kind) aren't reading their part of the WareTemplate file properly and as such default to Water, yet the _BIG version (Cloudbase SE) and all the others _BIG and otherwise are working flawlessly. I wanna' try and iron that out before I do a release, but if not I'll port over the WareTemplate data to the map shipyard entries as a temporary fix.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”