[TC] The Aran

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delstars
x3tc

The Aran

Post by delstars » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 21:54

How can you get this thing? I've been jumping in and out of unknown sectors for a long time now and the most I've seen is Ka'ak stations, Ka'ak ships, Xenon stations and Xenon ships, other than that, nothing! :evil: Is there any hints you see when your in the sector it's in, or is it just realy rare to find? Because this is ticking me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 22:12

An asteroid near the center of the sector, view asteroid and rotate. Video Enhancement Googles are also a plus. Some people have had to do well over a hundred jumps before that managed to find one, just keep looking.

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 22:25

What exactly is that supposed to mean. I've visited quite a few sectors with astroids right near to me when I jump in. Would it be hidden behind a astroid?

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 22:32

it means you target an asteroid near the center of the sector, and use that as a viewing point instead of your ship's limited view

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 22:29

Are there any clues though as to the sector itself, what it looks like as to if the Aran is there. I've been in sectors filled with cloud, clear ones, and almost no light. I read that people have had to defeat Xenon fleets. Does there have to be any Xenon in the sector for the Aran to be there? Also can anyone get some screenshots of the Aran or the sector they found it in?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 22:33

randomly generated stuff in a sector is randomly generated :P

if the game decides to gift you with the aran, then it shall, nothing else in the sector can or cannot determine that.

megalive
x3tc

Post by megalive » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 22:52

they sector where the aran is in , is very random.

with version 2.5 and higher you either need a TP full with almost max trained marines or an M7M with 20 marines and enough pods...

make sure that they have around 4-5 stars on engineering. and with an TP they need too have atleast 5 stars on mechanical.

The way i search for the aran is going too the edges of the sector and fly around. if you are in an TP you need too stay as far from xenon as possible.

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 00:42

I don't like searching a sector for very long in any sector. I read in another post that it has lots of lights on it and that its absolutely huge. Is this true. I've noticed Xenon K's and J's before, will this be even easier to spot while using the astroid camera trick?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 00:51

delstars wrote:will this be even easier to spot while using the astroid camera trick?
thats the whole point of the asteroid camera trick

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 00:59

It is huge in comparison to other ships, but in my experience it only lights up well from one side. They can be an awful long way off - I've SETA'd for five minutes flat out in an overtuned ship to get close enough to board an Aran.

What I always do is fly towards the sun (if there is one) then look around while you're flying. This way, the Aran has a lot better way of being illuminated. Good hunting.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 01:14

Just caught an Aran around 25% health using X3TC 2.5. High engineering skill is a MUST, the ship has low health, and even one bad marine can wreck the hull.

I used 5 perfect combat marines (100combat+engi each), and they had roughly a 50% chance of making it though a floor without casualties. For an abandoned ship it really fights back! Finding the spot where your craft can board is tricky. Start from a few KM out (near the front of the ship), initiate the boarding action, and let autopilot do the rest.

In order to fly the Aran you should make use of the buggy strafe drive, which will give you roughly 80m/s sideways thrust. Be careful docking your station at other stations, as it can clip the dock and destroy the Aran (especially on the HUB).

At max speed it can fly a whopping 45Kilometers per HOUR. Be especially careful flying the Aran through high traffic gates or with a capital ship attached. Your best bet is to call it in from OOS, or use it as barely mobile fleet base.

The Aran has the highest shields, the highest shield regen, and the highest cargo capacity in the game, so I'm going to try it out as a diamond tip mining drill. :wink:

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 03:12

Bobucles wrote: Just caught an Aran around 25% health using X3TC 2.5. High engineering skill is a MUST, the ship has low health, and even one bad marine can wreck the hull.
Hmm, maybe I should stop hunting for a while and do some severe training. Last ship I capped had 100% when I started and 50% after the trigger happy marines where through with it.
You know, if some of them have exceptional hacking skills, shouldn't they be able to figure out how to open a door without blowing them up? :roll: :? Do they even check if they're locked? Just some food for thought.

By the way, what's the hull of it? I saw somewhere it didn't have shields, just a ridiculous amount of hull.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 05:54

delstars wrote:By the way, what's the hull of it? I saw somewhere it didn't have shields, just a ridiculous amount of hull.
340,000 hull points, which puts it in between most of the M7s and the M1/M2s.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Reaper Jack

Post by Reaper Jack » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 14:20

UFJ'd my ship ONCE, found it. couldn't select it, accidentally rammed it, more wary approch this time (20 jumps later) but still can't select it, does this have something to do with a clocking device it's rumoured to have? Id so how do I get round it?
'I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with sense, intellect and reason intended us to forgo their use'-Galileo Galile
Ranks: (TC) Capitalist, Crusader
Currently flying: Split M7 Tiger
Current most expensive ship: OTAS M2 Boreas

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sun, 3. Jan 10, 14:36

You don't. The only way is to RE it, and build one fresh out of the factory. That'll only take 9 days.

Use your space suit's repair laser to make the Aran hostile (the music will change to combat music). This takes about a minute. Then fly a few KM away, face the bridge, and initiate the boarding action. In 2.5 you need excellent marines to have any hope of capturing the Aran.

I went into UFJD space to mine Nvidium, and it is pretty lucrative! The Aran's huge size, excellent shields, and massive cargo hold make it an ideal craft for plowing through asteroids. Just keep jumping until you find a safe sector with a nearby Nvidium asteroid, I got mine on the first try. Keep an M6 to launch a hornet, or a TS to fire a mining laser.

One 17 yield asteroid and I filled 70% of the hold! The debris is starting to thin out though, so I'll head back and sell my 220million haul. Took me roughly 3 hours of my time, maybe a day in game. You can maneuver while keeping SETA up, so Aran mining is a great way to wait out large lengths of time.

One tip: Do mining from the cockpit view. Some lame bug in the external view means you'll be inside a debris field but picking nothing up. Took me a few hours to figure it out.

I do wish the Aran could equip utility guns, like the tractor beam/repair laser/mining laser. I wish the tractor beam could be used for mining.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”