Battlestar Galactica "total conversion" coming...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 10:05

It would be fun to have a game-start, where Cylon virus has been discovered and disabled before attack and all out 2nd Cylon war start (I would really like to see those 120 battlestars in large fleet actions and long campaign with final siege of Cylon worldship).

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 16:17

Sorry if this has been asked... Any chance we'll see Cylon starbase from the new series?

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/ ... Seraph.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 19:14

Is this mod even still in development? It was all the way back in January the last post by a team member...
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Tue, 24. Aug 10, 20:56

I really hope this isn't dead...but I haven't heard anything from the other team members in a while.

When i was asked to join the team i knew literally nothing about scripting and now i spend most of my time (according to steam 800+ hours) writing them so if some working ships are released i'll happily modify what i've written and release them. :)

If anybody is looking for a specific script PM me and maybe i can help.. maybe i'll start a thread purely for BSG related scripts.. who knows :?

If one thing is for certain. I'm not dead and until i am i'm not giving up on BSG in X3TC :lol:
All those moments will be lost.. in time, like tears.. in rain.
[ external image ]

Invisibleguy
x3

Post by Invisibleguy » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 04:04

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Is this mod even still in development? It was all the way back in January the last post by a team member...
oh... hmm, didn't even notice that. i just hope the team members are so hard at work on the mod that they haven't had time to post. well, at least i only spent 10 bucks on tc if the mod is no more.

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 11:23

this project is not dead :) . Simply Stu and Observe are busy but the BSG mod is not dead
The Indie Seeker - The Twitter Channel for your indiegames!

Ex Egosoft Translator/Currently writer for www.ilvideogioco.com

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?
Feel free to follow and contact us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram!

marcusdavidus
x2

Post by marcusdavidus » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 14:22

no newtonian physic = crap btsg

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 17:17

marcusdavidus wrote:no newtonian physic = crap btsg
Have you ever tried landing a Viper on a battlestar with newtonian physics??

it's not as easy as they make it look in the show... took me almost 20 attempts. it's not very fun.
All those moments will be lost.. in time, like tears.. in rain.
[ external image ]

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 19:22

marcusdavidus wrote:no newtonian physic = crap btsg
it's a intelligent question for this topic?

@IlVideogiococom is the ONLY italian website that offers full coverage to ALL #indiegames! Are you an #indiedev?

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 20:11

Will the mod also have the other races from the original BSG series? or just the (boring and repetitive) Cylon v.s. Human encounters of the new series?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 21:22

DannyD wrote:this project is not dead :) . Simply Stu and Observe are busy but the BSG mod is not dead
you know that for a fact?
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 25. Aug 10, 23:18

vukica wrote:
DannyD wrote:this project is not dead :) . Simply Stu and Observe are busy but the BSG mod is not dead
Correct in that our BSG mod is NOT dead. Having said that, we will soon be providing status update on this as well as our other in-process mods. :)

Makita
x4

Post by Makita » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 01:53

Observe wrote:
vukica wrote:
Correct in that our BSG mod is NOT dead. Having said that, we will soon be providing status update on this as well as our other in-process mods. :)

Woot that's VERY good news!!!

DannyDSC
x4

Post by DannyDSC » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 12:49

I'm only a translator..yes I know, but I know Stu and Observe and all member's team well, and you can be sure that they work as best they can do to make a " perfect mod " . Not only texture or sound, or script...

Make a mod is ....difficult, but made a BSG mod...

we can create any other mod as we want, but if we want make a mod like BSG, we must respect some guidelines wich sometimes, are complicated.

Otherwise it wouldn't BSG ;)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 26. Aug 10, 13:08

Observe wrote: Correct in that our BSG mod is NOT dead. Having said that, we will soon be providing status update on this as well as our other in-process mods. :)
Thanks! That's really great to hear :) ... read. Yeah.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 13:39

ezra-r wrote:Sorry if this has been asked... Any chance we'll see Cylon starbase from the new series?

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/ ... Seraph.jpg
Even though I really like FuryofaSeraph's variations on the basestars and his alternate textures for some models (Colonial one variations where cool) I believe his was once (if not still) a team member for the Diaspora bsg freespace team.

There are plenty of models to be added which are currently not in Hawkbs/Killerog BSG mod.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 27. Aug 10, 15:57

For me the first in the second row starting from the left, which is the one that we really see in the series..would be more than enough ;)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 19:17

Uh, what new series? I thought it ended last year.

Invisibleguy
x3

Post by Invisibleguy » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 06:39

russbo wrote:Uh, what new series? I thought it ended last year.
i suppose newer series would be more accurate? as opposed to the original series from way back when.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 21:34

So is this mod dead ?? dont see any news :cry:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”