OT - GTA 3 Fans - Rejoice!....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Goldo
x3tc

OT - GTA 3 Fans - Rejoice!....

Post by Goldo » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 11:04

http://www.gtavice.com

this game looks bloody fantastic and features some well needed improvements to GTA 3

eg.

Cops now go after others

Motorbikes

Pilotable Choppers and Planes

theres loads more

the game is also HUGE compared to GTA 3

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 11:08

I got stung by the weapons control in GTA3. I realise it is primarilary a driving game, but some of the missions involve heavy shooting, so one would assume you would actually be able to shoot properly. :oops:

I have never played the PC version, only the PS2 game. :roll:
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:20

That is the only bad point about vice city, its only out for the PS2 just now.

apparently it will be released for PC but not this side of christmas.

I for one am disapointed i was really looking forward to this game.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:22

Wasn't the PC version of GTA3 VERY buggy?

I may have to give Vice City a try if you guys recomend it. Just have to keep it secret from my wife (We are moving house anytime now once contracts are signed = NO SPARE MONEY). :(
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:28

GTA3 for the PC was buggy as hell.

I have a 1.6 Gh xp with 256 mg DDR and a 64 mg Gforce 2.

I would have thought it would have handled it pretty well but it was slow and choppy.

I have to say though it didnt bother all that much becasue the game itself was soooo good.

Total quality.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:31

I never finished the smashing the cappacino vendors mission. Always ran out of time when i was 1 metre in front of the last one.

I loved the slow motion jumps that sometimes appear. Jumping a fish van over the elevated train tracks in slow motion=great fun.

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:34

I believe the problem with the PC version was the fact that they incorperated a replay function where by pressing F1 would allow you to watch the last 45 seconds of play which was bloody great if you had pulled of a great manouver but not used all that often.

I just hope they sort that out for the Vice city release cause if it is even 1% better than GTA3 it will be well worth the £35 i will be paying for it

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 12:53

yer, Vice City is supposedly much better than GTA 3, the engine has been taken apart and put back together with features added etc

Graphics wise, it looks a really pretty game

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 13:05

I was all set for running out and buying it last friday just to find that it was PS2 only.

Ended up buying star trek armada 2 instead

MadForce
x3

Post by MadForce » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 13:44

Yeah didn't mind the old GTA3, posed a chalenge for me, The Chino Stand run down was pretty difficult, but the next mission is a little harder, blowing up a plane and then dodging cops with 5 stars flashing is always fun. The last mission was not that difficult however.

Try Flying the DODO, apparently it is possible. I couln't manage longer than 10 secs myself.

If I am not to busy playing X2, I will try and complete Vice City too.

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 13:52

a mate of mine held the Dodo in the air for 16 secs before crashing into the river and snuffing it lol

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 16:12

Loved the game, and according to the stats finished the game with 97% completed. Dodo record for 23 seconds. All insane jumps completed and all cars collected for garages (only grip was that by the time you got to the last island all the better cars are on island 1. And collected all the GTA symbols!

looking forward to Vice.

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 17:54

Nowhere near as good as Mafia. Now thats a classic game! :p
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

boogyman
x3

Post by boogyman » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 18:51

As much as i loved Mafia and i have completed it, i still think GTA3 has a better reply elemant.

I completed the single player of mafia and once that was done i didnt even bother with the other free play options, actualy i uninstalled it and it now has a place in collection along with my X games and a space dedicated to X-2.

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 20:07

I flew the dodo for over 20 secs. i went up to the Cartel mansion and flew all the way over to the hospital on the second island. almost got it down the tunnel but i hit a truck.
the biggest bug i had with th PS2 version was that i coudl never get the purple nines to appaear in wichita gardens when i do the missions for the red jacks. realy does dent my % complete and i could only ever find 89 secret packages.
loved the game even though itwas too easy. and the cappucino thing waseasy. all you do is drive arond the three islands searching for them all first then its easy.

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 21:24

can you all believe ive never even played GTA3 :o ?not even sure why either :!: :?: :!:
:paranid:~Lonowski~

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 22:32

GTA3 was fun but when I got onto the second island I relealised I was doing the same thing over and over. The variation in the missions was poor.

Mafia has a rock solid plot and loads of variation in mission styles. It also has replayability though free ride mode and free ride mode extreme when you complete the game. Unlocks new cars etc - very nice :)
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 22:59

hmm other points I would like see addressing in GTA-?

How can every gang member on every island automatically know that it is me behind the wheal of that , Car, Truck, Bus, Fire Engine, Tank. after completing the main story arc it got a bit tiresome everywhere you go someone shoots hell outa your brand new,,, stolen car ;-)

which resullts in 80% of the game world being off limits through mass hostile fire. (yeah ok you wiped all the crime lords but the auto know and auto fire thing got irritating).

looking forward to PC release of Vice City, as much as X2, Hidden & Dangerous 2 doubt it,,

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 01:00

I played MAFIA, and I completed it, but in all fairness I didn't like it!

It was a game I so looked forward to, and with so much to live upto I knew that ultimately I'd be dissappointed. And come the end of the game, I wasn't convinced enough to keep it and decided to trade it in.

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Wed, 13. Nov 02, 01:17

I didn't have a problem with GTA3. ran very well on my 1.8GHz pooter with geforce 3 ti200 card. no probs with any of the controls, the radio got a bit boring after a while so I copied shortcuts of my entire 500+ songs to the directory and listened to them haha

And I loved the tank! my brother has it for ps2 and has most of the codes, so he justs asks for a tank and gets one! haha

could never fly the dodo for more than a few seconds tho. heh
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”