[Modding] Need help adding own ships to X3TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ellu
x3

[Modding] Need help adding own ships to X3TC

Post by ellu » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 22:46

Here we go, i'm not really good in english, so i will try to explain my problem.

First of all I have read every single tutorial about how to make a ship, with 3d Max or Gmax, never mind this step i know how to do it. (Unpack the files, name the file, use mat6 editor etc too)

The problem is at the time to import the body and the scene of the ship and use it in game. I will tell what i do.

I have tried to take the scene and the body into a file with all the things like xml etc i have used all of this into a .CAT file but in game, the ship doesn't appear

(Ok ... i know that will be difficult to explain to me ! XD but thanks anyway!)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 22:58

can't help with your modding question but that nice avatar of yours needs to be 80x80 max ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

MarkusXL
x3tc

Re: [Modding] Need help adding own ships to X3TC

Post by MarkusXL » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 23:30

ellu wrote:
I have tried to take the scene and the body into a file with all the things like xml etc i have used all of this into a .CAT file but in game, the ship doesn't appear

I got my ship to appear, but I have questions too.

To get your ship to appear, you need to make a CAT file with Mod Manager. It will make a DAT file automatically. Put it in the \TC\mods folder.

In my example, I made MarkusXL.CAT / DAT.

When I launch TC, I select MarkusXL as the Selected Mod Package. If I select Plugin Manager as the Selected Mod Package, TC crashes out before launch. :?

I get into the game, and use Cheat "Create Ship".

My ship, the Liberator, appears and looks good! YaaaY!

But, when I get into the ship, the Cockpit view is too high by about 20 meters. Its not at 0,0,0 though, which is good.

And, there are only 4 guns where there should be 7.

And, the guns don't shoot.

So I have work to do get the Liberator working in TC.

I will try to take the XSP that is working for X3:R and try to Convert it to TC.

Stay tuned...
This is my signature -

Current project: Get some Blake's 7 ships into X3:R and TC

That was my signature.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”