[TC] How do you pick up an Astronaught?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

[TC] How do you pick up an Astronaught?

Post by Gregorovitch » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:31

Ran into Mahi Ma (Lost in hell), picked up my Kestral, and zipped through all the nasty looking Xenon hordes to find his mates wrecked boat etc. Told him the story, and he leaps out of his dolphin, saying he wants me to pick him up, and starts flying around the jump gate at 14 m/s in his spacesuit rather than comming aboard.

Am at a loss as to how to pick him up and every lead gets me to full plot descriptions and spoilers etc I don't want to read. I have cargo bay life support but I cannot find any command to open cargo bay door (like in X3R) and he won't talk to me or in anyway respond sensibly.

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:40

To pick spacesuits up you just run into them like you would for dropped loot, but an open door would certainly be more polite...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 23:06

Yes, just ram the astroneut - at any speed.

If your ship happens to have the required cargo space and cargo transport class and happens to have a cargo life support system installed, then the pilot will survive this.

Otherwise you briefly turn on the windshield wipers.

The funny bit is that you only find out about the required cargo space and transport class after transporting your first person... and the life support system requirement you have to guess. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 00:34

Note: Astronuts will survive a failed pick-up attempt if they are plot-protected.

Their nutty behavior is shown by the fact that they won't board a friendly vessel, but try to run away from help...
-- GD

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 00:38

Some pick up lines oyu may wan to try

"That space suit would look even sexier on my floor"
"Your the only celestial object I intend to land."

Be carefull, you never know what is really inside those suits!!!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 00:41

Note: Picking up pirates and then dumping them WILL turn them hostile, but not enough for any sector police/military to destroy them. Wonder why... [/sarcasm]

So don't pick up pirates (unless you intend to enslave them, eh? ) :twisted:
-- GD

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 01:11

Yes, well i would not have thought of just running them over in a month of Sundays. It worked however. Fortunately I did know about the life support + space availble for the passenger coursetesy of Terracorp fast passenger missions, which is what I got the Kestral for in the first place. Otherwise I expect I really would have steam comming out of my ears.

I don't know, for such a brilliant game it amazes me how badly some of this mission stuff is done. In this case what should be a cool intelude from day-to-day business is ruined because I am given no idea at all of what exactly is happeneing (nothing in mail, nothing to speak of on mission tab) or what exactly I am supposed to do. Only a one time garbled audio message that gets interupted by the ding dong announcing presence of a lurking pirate Harrier.

Has nobody at Egosoft heard of a journal?

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 01:18

you mean the current mission description and pointers on where to go and what to do?

press p then click the 'my missions' link at the top of the menu.

Travel directions are the yellow targetting marks, follow them, generally that's enough to remind you what you're supposed to do.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 01:34

And most plot missions also have entries in the pilot's log, aka, 'journal'. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”