[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 29. May 14, 11:19

It will always default to Vanilla mode for a new folder.

Basically what happens when you switch between mods is that any installed scripts that are not detected as vanilla will be enabled/disabled.

and it wont let you install a non vanilla script when in vanilla mode.

any installed ships, and the created files from those will not be created in vanilla mode.

All the game data used by the plugin manager is keep within the game folder, its in the PluginManager directly, so if you copy the game directly, you will end up with the same state for the plugin manager.

the only thing that is held outside the game directories is the global settings, ie the list of game folders that have been added. These are easily enough to add on for a new install.

Also, if the plugin manager is set to modified mode, the game will always be modified, as it puts a script that forces the game into modified mode

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 16:57

My skills using the search keep failing me so im sorry to ask a question do doubt asked a few times.

NO-STEAM.exe and plugin manager, how?

I tried deleting the original exe and renaming the no-steam version but the manager has TC3.2 in the launch-button and wont work.

EDIT: Solved!

Delete both AP and TC exe, rename No-steam to AP's name, manager says "run TC3.2" but it will run AP. May wanna put that into the first page...

EDIT 2: Not so solved...

I have Litcubes Universe installed, B-package installed and running only TWO mods both neighter seems to be present.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 09:40

i assume you are using AP ?
if so, if its showing it as TC, then its either in the wrong directory (make sure the directory in the drop down menu is for AP) or its detected it wrong.

if it is selected as AP, delete the pluginmanager.dat file from My Documents/Egosoft.
then reload the plugin manager so it can add the directories again.

if it doesn't find the correct directory, just add them manually

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 3. Jun 14, 17:22

Worked, deleting the dat-file did the job

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 20:04

What does the save game manager in the plugin manager do? How is it used?

I have two versions of X3AP, one modded (non-Steam version) with XRM, the other Vanilla (steam version) and I'd like to keep my save games separate... Will the save game manager in this plugin manager help with that? How so?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 13:24

Hey Cycrow did you ever get chance to investigate as to why weapon loadouts on xsp's don't save when you modify them?

Ar986zi
x3tc

Post by Ar986zi » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 10:05

i try to install by my computer says that there isn't an x3tc installed in the directory. please help

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 09:50

wizaerd wrote:What does the save game manager in the plugin manager do? How is it used?

I have two versions of X3AP, one modded (non-Steam version) with XRM, the other Vanilla (steam version) and I'd like to keep my save games separate... Will the save game manager in this plugin manager help with that? How so?
Its currently got a bug in it that can lose save games, which i havn't managed to fix yet. So its best to leave is disabled for now.

but when its working, it should keep seperate saves for modified and vanilla games, as well as seperate ones for each major mod you use via the mod selector

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 12. Jun 14, 09:50

Lord Dakier wrote:Hey Cycrow did you ever get chance to investigate as to why weapon loadouts on xsp's don't save when you modify them?
I haven't had chance to test this yet

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 15. Jun 14, 03:14

Cycrow, thank you so much for all your years of dedicated and hard work. I'm returning to AP after getting the itch for space games and Rebirth letting me down again.

It's people like you who have made X3 such a lasting and incredible game. Thank you.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 16:42

*Salutes Cycrow* Cycrow your mods have extended the playing life of X3 ten thousand fold and made me a happy gamer. :)

Question: If I have two separate installations of Albion Prelude will the manager automatically detect and insert itself into both installations?

What I would like to do is have one install for XRM that uses the manager and one install for Litcube's Universe that the manager stays the frack away from.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 1. Jul 14, 02:09

PM is an application, installs in it's own folder, it accesses the game files by selecting the folder the game is installed in, multiple installs in different folders will have their own PM settings separate from each other.

Edit: the selecting of the folders where the game is installed is done in the PM window

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 10:55

It probably wont detect the 2nd copy of the game, as it uses the registery and a few common directories to find the game, so its likly the 2nd copy wont be found by this.

But you can add any manually any number of directories and control them all individually.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 20:21

I've easily has a half-dozen game directories being referenced by PM,
each with slightly different mods/packages/archives installed (though the TC folder that also contains the AP game folder have to have the same ships installed for them to work in AP consistently)

(watching the DCS v1.x software, the Ring of fire Laser towers, and the Yaki Armada deal with the Kha'aak Invasions go off in system is awesome, if a bit hard on the frame rate. 3-way drone warfare in the vicinity of a large nested englobement* pattern of cloaked laser towers )

* for those unfamiliar with the laser tower mod, it will place lasertowers in rings on 1 of 3 axis, englobement is rings on all 3 planes, and nested is concentric rings, usually placed around a station or HQ, I usually have 3 or 4 rings, spaced frequently with differing numbers in the rings, like 5,8,10 or 6, 8,10,16, though the software is capable of 360 in 1 ring, but that is a touch of overkill, and way expensive, the above scenario did result in a bit of attrition in the laser tower defenses, until the carriers moved out of their protection to take on the invaders directly.

Zeebie

Post by Zeebie » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 01:27

I am completely new to this, and I'm utterly failing to get this program to install a script for me. I'm running X3TC through Steam on a Win 8.1 machine. There are no other X games installed.

When I start up the manager, I receive three identical messages saying it cannot find the disk. If I click continue on each, I eventually get to a restricted directory warning. After that, the manager starts up fine.

It recognizes the spk I am trying to install (the Enhanced Briefings script), and lists it as enabled. But when I start the game, either from the launch button in the manager or via steam, the script is not working. If I launch from steam, I close the manager first.

Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this? Thanks for any help.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 01:54

Hi Zeebie,

I've found the launcher can be tricky to get working with particular partitions in the past. If you have a second partition, you could try copying your game folder over to that one and trying to point the launcher at the new location. Not sure if this will help but shouldn't hurt.

Regards,
Sparks

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 02:52

Your installation directory is in program files and user account control has a small heat attack when a program writes to there.

Move your installation to a different location, such as C:/Games and you should be fine.

Edit: if you are using steam and you want to make a non steam install were my post here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 22#4414722
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Zeebie

Post by Zeebie » Thu, 7. Aug 14, 02:55

Thanks folks. I think I've solved the protected directory problem, but the script still doesn't seem to have any effect. I don't need to have X3TC running while I run the plugin manager, do I?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 7. Aug 14, 07:51

Glad you are getting somewhere :)

It's possible you need to change an option in the PM's drop-drown menu.

The default situation is that you can install scripts but that they are not active and the game remains in a protected vanilla state. In the menu, there is an option to enable all scripts. Basically like a "are you sure?" kind of thing.

Settings >> Mode >> Modiled

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 7. Aug 14, 07:51

Glad you are getting somewhere :)

It's possible you need to change an option in the PM's drop-drown menu.

The default situation is that you can install scripts but that they are not active and the game remains in a protected vanilla state. In the menu, there is an option to enable all scripts. Basically like a "are you sure?" kind of thing.

Settings >> Mode >> Modiled

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”