Ramblings of an Argon Nephew-(Trader's guide)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

How many are still reading this?

Do you find it useful?-yes
33%
Do you read it for the story?
6%
Do you read it for the game info?
8%
or Both of the above?
30%
Would you like it to continue?
20%
Woud you be happy if it stopped ?
4%

Total votes: 141

TTD
x4

Ramblings of an Argon Nephew-(Trader's guide)

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 02:14

If you have been directed here from the X-Superbox,then thank you for looking.
Feel free to PM me for any advice or questions based on this tutorial.

=====================================

No additives.Plain vanilla only....ok,that's one rule so far.
Two more rules:
No Salvage insurance...( There was one SI bought in error and not used)...
only save at docks.

=======================================

CONTENTS - being a rough guide to whereabouts.

1. Introduction to a new beginning
Beginning Trading using software from Terracorp HQ
Buying , repairing and selling 2nd Hand Ships.
Getting Ships ready for other pilots to work them.
STs,LTs and UTs

2 Preparing the way forward.
Covering first Argon areas with traders
getting first factory.

3/4 Finding free ships.
Setting down objectives.

5 Complex calculators and building complexes.

6 How to find used second hand ships/More details on complex building(with pics)

7 Trying to get a TL...When is the game complete ? Setting up LTs (Local Traders)...improving rep with Pirates

8 Station Build Missions...Trading in Secondary Goods.... A trick for fast exploration

9 Lost 'Roid in Duke's Vision...tip for pics

10 Tips for TSs(links) and some banter.

11 M7M Missile Fab,and Monthly Progress Report.

12 Booze and Weed Complex.Another player's artistic creations.

13 AT LAST,for those who have waited...The Hub Plot and "New-Tech" complexes- a way to reduce the size of your complexes,without scripts,modding or even explosions (if you're quick enough).
And yes you CAN return to the sector or even never leave,if you so wish.

14 First "New-Tech" mega-plex built.

15 How to deploy delivery service to the Hub.3rd Weekly report.
Further expansions to his empire.
Norman achieves his first goal and has a little battle on the way back to base.

16/17 Stories merge.
Build missions to help prop up Norman's finances.

18 Norman's Corporations are formed.
Uses for EQ Docks.
Crystal phase complete.
Payments to Mahi's friend
.Plans for a big mega-plex.
Three-eyes gets a shock!

19-21
Work begins in Ore Belt on Norman's largest Mega-plex yet.
Day 28 report.
How to put mines in a neat line.
Connecting groups of mine in preparation for final links.
Plus , making credits out of race invasions.
Day 35 Report.
Final links to Mega-plex (200+ stations) in Ore Belt.

22/23 Norman's new friend.
Norman is missing.
Plus navigation tricks in Xenon territory.

24 Mystery solved.
TIP for securing E-cels for Capital ships.
TIP for securing IBL supplies.
A twist on Station Protect missions for the old Duke @ Duke's Haven.
A twist on Spoils of war,from EmperorJon.
How to always know what the best selling price is BEFORE you buy at best price.
The start of consolidation and universal trading domination.

25 How to supply silicon to a complex or station when there are silicon rocks in the sector.
Day 42 Report.Use of Scan Debris command.
Future plans and a brief look at s/m

26 Notes from instructions for Bonus Pack scripts.
Norman is hospitalized and plans for full recovery having a period of convalescence at Menalaus' Oasis.

The story of Norman's conquest will be reported in the follow-up thread here.

======================================

Let me introduce myself...

My name is Norman Fudge
For many generations it was Fiesty,but some great granddad of mine fudged his way through astro-physics and managed to get his spaceship licence.
When the authorities found out,they changed the family name as a reminder to the rest of Argon Prime to study properly if we are to be of any "real" use to society.
I am hoping I can prove my worth and get it reversed....Well,how I managed to get this far with that name I'll never know.
I have inherited the remains of my uncle's business ... well,what's left after the Teladi called in all debts.
All that hard work for all those years.I warned him not to listen to the Teladi.

"Would you like to makes profitsess with us?"
NO I said to my uncle,but he was older and knew better,or so he said.

Well all that is history now.This time I will show those Teladi a few tricks
I learned myself.

Let's see what I have been left..

One Discover
One Mercury
Both with minimal shields and time acceleration.
9223 cr

All waiting for me in Herron's Nebula.

Well ,If I want to make any money,I'd better dump that Disco and self pilot the Merc for a while.
I can't afford to pay another pilot.
I'll keep what little equipment there is for now.

So,first off we'll dock at the trading station and grab it.then I'll send the
disco down into argon Prime and get some credits for it.
Probably not worth a lot,but it will help me start trading.

Ok,so I get 2 x 1 mj shields from the disco,plus the single 5 mj in the Merc.

I spot my old flight school instructor flying around offering a few cheap lessons.
I remembered how "take it or leave it " he can be,so I just left it.
Guess he's making a few credits,but I don't think I want to do that when I stop trading.

I still remember my father saying to me,"If you don't learn to fly when you're young,you may never fly",so I went to Flight School.The instructor was known by my dad,but he gave me strict orders."DON'T FUDGE IT SON." So I worked hard.
It was a steep learning curve ,but the instructor said "It is easier than it used to be.Old Ban Danna...now that was a guy!..." And then he'd go into his famous story mode about the Kha'ak invasions and some guy called Julian...some sort of protogey of his.

Now where's this shipyard? Nothing ever seems to be where you left it,does it?
Ah ,I remember...somewhere south of the North Gate.Aim for the north gate. loop up and back...ah, there it is. oh how beautiful home looks from up here!

Now let's see what that ship is worth... 27,321 credits...bare half price! oh
well."Beggar's can't be chooser's...but winner's can be losers" as my uncle said when he paid those last credits to the Teladi.

CURSES..I'll show them yet!

Well at least they upgraded my passport to Federation Member.If I gave them the ship for nothing would they have increased my rank higher still?

Just noticed a message come up.Got an invitation to help with the Terrans in Omicron Lyrea...where ever that is.Oh,It's way over to the middle of the universe.Luckily I have some old star charts my uncle left me,cause his computer was wiped clean by the Teladi Receivers before they condicended to give him his ship back.
I'll pop over to the EQ dock,see if hey have anything I can use and then drop in on Terrarcorp HQ.Apparently that Julian feller has family ties there.Don't know much about it.And nor did he until he met Ban Danna , and then not straight away.Guess he had to prove his worth first.

Now let's see....Full engine Tuning for 10550.That will help me beat the other traders to a station.That's all the ship upgrade I need for now.Now down to Home of Light for a visit to Julian's Cafe and get some other equipment.

I'm told that out here in space no station is safe.You find a nice
cabin on a station in some remote part of the universe and when you return it's no longer there.So I won't worry about mapping every station yet.

Wow have you seen the size of that HQ?My uncle said it was just an old converted shipyard in his day.Guess they must make a few billion credits!

Well out here in space you loose all sense of time. The guy at the coffee bar tells me the guy next door does an excellent chocolate drink if I need to get some sleep,so off I trot,taking the hint as good friendly advice.
Last edited by TTD on Fri, 6. May 11, 23:03, edited 62 times in total.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 05:46

No additives.Plain vanilla only....ok,that's one rule so far.
Now thats a rule that perks up my interest, I expect some pics to keep me interested :wink:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 06:18

I just started over yesterday as a bankrupt assassin. I'm sorry about what the teladie did to your father. I hope you find the one responcible. They let me kill and cap any ship I want in their sectors. The deal is I can not kill or cap teladie ships. It cost me millions for the arrangement but you of all people should understand the teladie. They really love the hulks I sell them half price. It's just another part of the deal though for me to collect taxes. If you pass by Ministry of Finance in your freighter I'm going to have to charge you 150k to pass by unharmed. It's just buisiness you know. If you come through Ministry of finance again I may make you a deal as a repeat customer and charge you less. If you launch fighter drones or try to charge your jump drive I'll destroy your ship with missles, steal any cargo worth over 100k and leave you to rot in space as punishment. I have a freight scanner so if your carrying any weopons I think I'd like to have for my future UT army don't bother paying because I will just take your hull down to 10% after you pay me and politely ask for all your cargo. Then again after I do that you will be defenceless moving a 10 ms and I may decide your hulk is worth another 40k to me and that you would rather see it fly away from your space suit than have eight energy bolt chainguns turn your ship into space confettie. :twisted: Happy trading. :lol:
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 10:53

Cool, a story based trading tutorial? Might make the superbox if you get your skates on!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 13:20

I wake up next "morning" feeling refreshed.
Now where was I? Ah yes..Terracorp HQ.

Now how much credits have I got?

25,994 credits. Huh? Hot chocolate and room for the night...free?
Oh well,I guess they hope to make good profit out of me.
Now where' that Equipment shop?I'm sure I passed it somewhere last night.

...Oh here it is."Best traders equipment this side of Siezewell" , where ever that is.
Somehow that name runs shiver's down my spine.

Now let's see...Best Buys Locator 22460cr
Best Selling Price Locator 19652cr

Hmm...I think I know a bargain when I see one,but knowing where to sell them would be useful.
BSPL then.
That leaves me with 6,342cr...ok not enough for the trading System Extension.Maybe next time.
For now I'm off to Jullian's Cafe to wake up a bit before I board my Merc.While they are fitting
my new piece of eq,I'll chat with passing traders.See if I can pick up some unintentional leaks.

================================

Well that was interesting...Just south of here there is an ore mining industry.I'm told that if
I am lucky I could buy ore for 50cr per unit and sell in other systems for over 200cr!
I think I'll try that out.Then I'll be back for more of the good stuff here.

First off,try the standard remote camera.I want a keep-sake of me leaving Terracorp for my first real bit of trading.

[ external image ]

============================================

I went through the south gate....Note to self,don't leave the control station after going through gates if You have not been there before. nearly had my first bit of ship damage.Goodness ! all those minerals floating in space just waiting for me to collect.

[ external image ]

===========================================

now to find something to buy.
This looks good. A mine.That will do.

I ask for info.But it does not give the price.Just shows a bar graph that indicates it has more than half it's silos full.
That means they will sell for less than average price,whatever that is.

[ external image ]

I think this will work well for me.The price was 61 cr per unit of ore.
I bought 103 units and that left me with 59 cr.As an added bonus I have had my passport amended again.I am now a Federation Associate....Maybe if this keeps up I might get our family name back.
Now chatting to those traders back in Julian's cafe,it was recommended
that I go East. I'll just scan while I go that way.I might find some useful trade info.

==============================================

DUM.DUM ! Equipment was bare bones.It needs the trading system extension. There was one badk at the Terracorp HQ but my funds were not high enough.Oh well ,I'll have to do another trade by instinct and some more until I have the credits.
Maybe I should have bought them the other way round.

There are icons on my HUD.They are repeated on my local sector map.
I highlight one. and make a call. Someone at the station has sector maps for sale.Now that would be useful.I can replace some of the data the Teladi took from my computer...and it would be more up to date.
Alas,I do not have enough funds yet,but these icons could help me make money.Just click on the right one at the right time and I could even get a transport job.

=============================================

Well,with the engine tuning my ship does 100m/s.
Plenty fast enough in a small sector,but time drags when you want to get somewhere, Thankfully the Teladi wanted my Uncle out the way as quick as possible so they left SETA on board.
This little device speed up relative time,or slows it down ,depending on who you are looking at.So I press [J] as soon as I have located the east gate and set course.Pressing [SHIFT]+[A] engages auto pilot to go through the gate. So I do that first and watch.Sometimes you need manual over-ride.Pressing the [BACKSPACE] key will disengage and apply the "brakes".Adjusting the direction thrusters with the [arrow] keys has a similar effect.

I enter and search for some likely offers.There are two stations requiring ore.One has about half it's silos full but the Tomahawk Missile Manufacturing plant is just over one quarter full.I decide to go there. :D
Just as I thought. 103 ore at 166 per unit gave me 17,098 credits + the 59 I already had =17157 cr.Thank you very much.Now back to Terracorp.

The great thing about the on-board navigation system is that if you use auto pilot,it will take you the shortest route,even if you have not been through the systems between you and where you are going.
The bad thing is,it will take you through enemy territory without asking you,so be careful.Luckily it takes me through the now deserted President's End.There are still relics of the last major battle here.

[ external image ]

===============================================

Well got the Trading System Extension for 8984 credits,leaving me with 8,173 for my next haul...so I set auto pilot to take me back to that ore mine.

Using just my recent purchase I can see prices at each station I select,instead of the row of question marks.It also tells me how many units are in stock.I might be able to do some trading without leaving the sector for a while,

I'll get back to you if I decide to upgrade a bit more,or if something happens worth mentioning.

...ok,so I have got 42,938 credits for two trade runs in Ore Belt.Back to TerrorCorp for coffee and the Best Buys Locator.

Ok...Now to test the Best Buys Locator...Press [6]
As you can see,It shows the current state of the economy complete with what I am not allowed or unable to trade in. Now I can see that Plutarch has software in stock too.

The Best Sell can be toggled from here or by pressing [5] and tells you what you have in stock and if you can sell it anywhere in-sector

[ external image ]

Now that looks interesting .Using these two bits of software , I realize I could start making some kind of trade loop...Always carry something you can sell,as my Uncle used to say.I can buy Ore for just under average.Sell it at the low-yield side arms at just over average.Then buy fire arms well below average and sell them in Herron's Nebula at the Marine Training Barracks ....Hopefully for more profit.

Well that proved satisfactory.only two units of low yield side arms but even though I sold for average price,I still made a reasonable gain.

Now I am back in CBSE. My Best Buys tells me I can purchase a Duplex scanner from the EQ Dock there.That will enable me to see(on my sector map) stations outside my normal scan range.So sell my ore and get one.While there I will look at what there is.

Well that was useful.I found two more ore mines,one of which was selling for 50cr per unit.I filled my cargo hold to maximum and still have 15,454 credits surplus. So I need to expand my cargo space.

So back to CBSE where I can sell for good profit but first to the EQ dock to upgrade my cargo space as much as I can with what I have spare.I shall continue in this fashion until I have maximum storage facility for this ship.More space = more profit potential. Or as a Split I met at Julian's said "More credits...Maybe".

Upon mt return to CBSE ,heading for more cargo space,I hear explosions.Looking around I see a small fleet of Argon taking exception to some Yaki....This could prove lucrative.

I get my extension and look about...

[ external image ]

I think I'll go and collect.

I now have some missiles,ammunition and warheads.What are they worth?

[ external image ]

Some pilots save missiles just in case they come in useful.I don't like having too much equity tied up in stock,especially in an undefended TS.
So I intend to make a bit of free profit .

What is useful is that the best sell is not totally accurate.You can sell things at the EQ Dock if it is not in a normal list of stock.A bottomless pit of income,if you think about it.So I sold all three items and increased my storage even further.
Now to continue with sell buy sell etc.

Here is an example of missed opportunity.

[ external image ]

I did not have enough spare credits.Even a basic version would have netted me over 200,000 credits if I had been able to repair it with my suit's repair laser.Oh well,maybe next time. :(

Of course basic economics out here is based on supply and demand.
I have flooded CBSE with ore and the prices are not so good now.Time to explore CBSW....

Another trick for finding stations in poor viability is look to see where other TSs are going.I spot two heading SW and I follow the lead ship.
Ah Ha! a nice little SPP with e-cells at 14 cr.Well not low enough for me at the moment,but I have seen a few requests for e-cells to be delivered.Now I know it's there I could take one of those missions.

Well not much trade in ore down here.Fighter drones Mk II could be a good haul if I had the cargo space.I'll head north if I can't barter at the Trading Station as no one wants Ore..I'm told you can make money this way exchanging for goods or credits.

Well no bartering but I can sell my ore Red Light and buy some Crystals.
They may be needed at the SPP I saw earlier. Hmmm...

Luck was on my side this time.Before I had chance to buy the crystals I saw this offer,Now to collect and repair.

[ external image ]

Now to inspect my 2nd hand ship.Get into my suit erm..Spacesuit,that is.Now where's the door-lock? Ah I see it."To safely eject from airlock for external repairs or in an emergency,pres[E]
That does it.

[ external image ]

Looks nice.Now to fire up my repair laser.Gon'er take a while...

[ external image ]

Back to the station,give some shielding from my Merc and tell to follow me in my Merc to Argon Prime Shipyard.Then I will decide what to do.At full speed it is slightly slower than the Merc,But it's maximum cargo 2000 higher than what my Merc will go to. :?

Well, here I am back in Argon Prime and checking the prices.

[ external image ]

That's 174,591 credits profit.I might get more from a 3-eyed pious Paranid's Shipyard ,as it is of their design,But I won't risk a lengthy journey on a possible maybe.
I saw two other 2nd hand ships where I got this one.I'll head back to Ore belt,the long way and see if I can make any more deals like this.

So far my ranking is getting better.Apprentice Trader.

Argon Confirmed Friend.
Dealer.
Master Dealer.
Entrepreneur.

End of Chapter 2.

I will be busy tomorrow with family.But I may post some more in the evening ,if I get back early enough.
Don't forget to post some comments... Constructively critical or praising.
Last edited by TTD on Wed, 9. Jun 10, 17:20, edited 8 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 06:17

Hello. I want you to succeed as a trader so I can ransom your ship back to you for lots of credits. :twisted: Go to Teladie Gain, Ceos Buckzoid, Profit Share or Seizwell and find a station that will sell you sunrise flowers for like 5 credits. They only take up 1 cargo. Go to Blue profit and you will ALWAYS find a station willing to buy them for 35 credits. So if you have a super freighter with 10,000 cargo you will make a profit of ... (useing profit calculation software MK1).... A profit of $300,000 per run. This is the most obcenley profitable trade run in the game.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 20:26

Well time to get back to see what Norman Fudge is up to.

One confession...It was late last night...early this morning...and I lost concentration and was doing something else when I glanced back in time to hear "...5 mega jewel shield ...destroyed...CABOOM." I forgot I was not on auto pilot.
Oh well I did say it's not a DID game,but you now see some rules about save games in the opening post.

Well,overnight services at Argon Prime ain't so good as I was getting used to at Terracorp,but if I'm only selling 2nd hand ships t'ain't import'nt.

I am not even halfway across Home of Light ,when I spot a Discoverer Raider for 37,599 cr.So I try my luck again.

Not bad...60955 cr. That was 23,399 cr. profit.

=======================================

Now to try again.
Back into Home of light and I'm just adjusting my eyes from the warp tunnel when I'm offered a Caimen Tanker for 57,700 cr.
Now me thinking if I made good money on the Paranid TS,then This 'ere TS from the talking straw-crofts as my uncle called them.You know the ones called Split? Well Maybe this beaten up old husk might fetch me a little bit too.
Nowhere near a dock to exchange shields ,so I risk just repairing and sending back to Argon Prime Shipyard.repaired from 55% hull integrity.
My laser was so hot I was worried it would melt my suit!
Followed it back in my Merc,...just to be sure,like.
Oh what a gift !!! 337,404 cr.THAT'S 279,704 profit.

Now I have bought a few maps and it leaves me with 569,056 credits.
Time to dock somewhere safe before I get hammered by something.
Si have made my way to the Trading station in CBSW being unable to find any lucrative deals on the way.Looks like I'll be trading in ore again for a while.

Well I traveled about and got 21 more LY side arms in the hold. Ore still does not sell so well as when I first went there..But most of the profit from those ships paid for rudder tuning and cargo space.
Now I have just got another TS.Well beat up this time and for about 28,000.

[ external image ]

As you can see,it would cost a bit to pay for repairs,and the profit as it is ,is quite good.But look what happened when I did a manual repair with my repair-laser.

[ external image ]

This is why I like to repair my ships if I am going to sell them.
Oh,back to finding more profit...

Norman is nearly ready to set his ship up on sector trading ,while he has some other ideas running through his head.
Last edited by TTD on Wed, 9. Jun 10, 17:23, edited 6 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 04:27

I want to encourage you to destroy the teladie if you don't like them. There is great profit in stealing what they have, however the Teladie economy is simply bonkers and ANY trader can make money there. You might see why your father had such close ties with them. However never gamble with them because they cheat at cards and will take all you money in less than a mizura. Ok More on the teladie.

Guaranteed 50 credit ore for sale in Seizewell. Haul it to Company pride and sell it for max credits. Buy Energy there for 12 credits and sell it in Blue profit for 17 credits. Notice the dirt cheap nostrop oil in blue profit. Take a minite to notice all the stations with no resources in blue profit. Go to spaceweed drift and buy ore or silicone. There is always a fire sale. Check the flower farm. Easy money selling flowers.

A wise investment is putting a nav sat in every teladie sector. There is ALWAYS IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE a large profit to be made in teladie space.

Good luck.

Any questions?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 10:41

Tips noted for when Norman gets there.

Note ; It was his Uncle...not his Dad.

It's a funny universe.

One minute you are dead set against a race of sentients for what they have done to your relative and the next thing you know ,you here rumours at the bar about how much profit you can make from them.

However,their sectors,along with many others ,were removed from my computer charts and I have only my uncle's scribbled star-charts to go on,so I just make a few notes and look them up when I am not busy.

The Teladi can wait until I have earned credits while doing other things....which reminds me...I need some more software and that last bit of storage added...

Back to work.I have lingered over breakfast too long and the market prices change too quickly when the trade lanes get busy.

Ok,so I have a full load of ore for 50 cr and still those 21 LY side arms.
I head off to CBSE and get my final bit of cargo storage space.
Hmmm....seems I have quite a bit of credit left.Nay as well get the rest of the software that's here.

Some I am not allowed to purchase yet.Seems my passport status is not high enough yet...or they don.t trust me...."but governor,I'm only a poor trader who wants to protect his merchandise..."

I just got a black look from a guy twice my size,so I decide not to plead my case any further. Guess they know what I really want to do eventually.
I'll just have to earn trust by subterfuge .

[ external image ]

I was going to try the "But look ,I have three times more credit than you need ..." type of approach ,but I thought better of it and walked out thanking them for an "excellent service",not that I meant it.

Just a few more things to get and I can find a pilot willing to learn a trade for me,while I sort out a little problem that's building up...

There is one problem with the Best Sells software.It only shows the best prices,not what else is available if silos are full at Plutarch's.

So if that happens,you have to manually go to each station's info screen.

I sold what I could at Plutarch and sold the rest at the LY-side arms fab.
Checking around on Best Buys,I see that E-cells are down to 12 cr each at last.That may give a good return on a full load.So i go,fill up and check Best Sell

[ external image ]

I can't resist this one.Only 1 cr below max!

I make a quick sell and back for more e-cells while the price is low.On the way I grab another Merc Super Freighter for repair.I tell it to dock where I just came from and it will be there when I go back to repair it.

There is one problem if you are not the only trader in a sector. Sometimes another trader beats you to the bargain and the price goes up.

[ external image ]

That was annoying. I feel like chasing him down and taking his cargo...

Can't do that as I have a poorly equipped ship for any form of battle ,"legitimate " or otherwise.
My uncle would say there is only one difference between unlawful and illegal....one's against the law and the other's a sick Earth bird.
Still,with a smile on my face and a friendly warning to my competitor ,I go back for the SF to repair.

I am getting close to letting my Merc loose but it needs Trade Software MK3 and at least 25 mj of shielding.I check the on board encyclopedia accessible via the menu. 9 I have mine mapped to my joystick ).

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

There is where I can find some...if they are in stock.

Having repaired my MSF I send equipped wit a bit of shielding and send it to the shipyard in CBSE.
I just need to get some Ore at 50 cr to make my trip there a little more profitable.

Well I made a good profit on Ore,selling at 179 cr and got over 300,for the MSF.They had 4 x 25 mj shields in stock,which I bought.so I now have 2x 1mj ,1x 5 mj and 1x 25 mj spare if I need them.
I still have the 21 LY side arms which I will now sell.

Sold my side arms and went to Terracorp HQ.
Bought all the software left except the Trading Software MK3. I have just under 300,00 and need over 500.000 cr for that.
Well , I am nearly ready now to get another ship to keep,but first we need that TSoft.MK3.

A few trades with ore,e-cells and Flail Barrage Missiles and I'm on mt way back to Terracorp,when I see another ship captain with something to offer.This time it's a Mercury Tanker.

I bought it.Repaired it. Now I'm in a quandary. :? ...should I keep it or sell it? I really need a small fighter or scout-ship for phase two.

I send it back to CBSE Shipyard ,loaded with some shielding and continue on my way.Something might turn up before I get to the shipyard,so I won't decide just yet.

[ external image ]

The new Merc T is to the left.As you can see from the stats,I have improved my ranks a bit more and have enough to buy the Software I need.

I buy the software and proceed to Ore belt when I hear explosions again.
I slow down.scan the area and see a little skirmish going on.Border control caught some smugglers.

Now as every smuggler,pirate ,Teladi or Argon will tell you,Space fuel is illegal in Argon space except if you get special licence to process it.And you ain't gonna get one of those!

But as my uncle would say "you don't look an Argon'orse in't mouth" do ya? Quick decisions...my ship ain't that fast but if they are pre occupied with the battle,these border patrols might not notice me quickly nip in and pinch a bit.

For "medicinal" purposes,...you understand ?

So off I go to the Marine Training and sell them some "medicine". :D

[ external image ]

I'll let you do the sums while I continue with my journey.

Since then I have been tailed by 4x border controls and 3 customs,and been scanned three times. Now I can't think why,cause I did not keep any for myself.

Got the shipyard after a bi more trading and decided to keep the Tanker.Now to set the first Mercury free to good pilot...as long as he works well and gives me profit.

[ external image ]

And the final STATS ?....

[ external image ]
Last edited by TTD on Wed, 9. Jun 10, 17:33, edited 8 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 26. Oct 09, 00:03

I seem to enjoy reading about your game. I like the updates every day. As long as you are not in your ship you can trade as much illegal goods as you want and your remoted ship will never get scanned. Also there is always loot to be had in Xenon 101 yet picking up loot seems a waste of time to me when I can steal a ship to sell for 400k in the same amount of time. Also you should try to chase a trader down and take his cargo. As long as he doesn't have fighter drones or a gun or missles you can do it in a TS with a turrent. An experiment you could do would be to ram him untill his shields are down and steal his cargo. I've never tried to do this because it would damage my ship but I have done it to M5 in my ship and I only lose about 30% shields.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 26. Oct 09, 19:54

Problems with image's size

Above problem solved...stay in tune.
Last edited by TTD on Thu, 7. Jan 10, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 06:01

oh well...will wait

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 21:10

Note.
Two moderators have assisted me in regard to pics on these posts.

I had one problem with my Sector Trader.He thought the same way as I did.

we both had cargo and both could see different opportunities I went to get some e-cells and he went to get some ore.

One of us had used the last available credit bar one.I think it was him,because I was surprised with I was told I had not enough credits.

I checked his cargo and he had over 500 e-cells and was heading off to buy some ore.

Well I told him I was the boss and ordered him to sell his e-cells to enable me to buy some.

I am waiting to hear back from him....

He did as I requested and as a reward he is now promoted to CHIEF DISTRIBUTOR (grade 8 )
On his trade options menu ,he can now do Universal Trading.Giving him enough e-cells to start,and setting the auto-jump options,he could have the freedom of the universe.However,I want to keep close watch on my traders until I can afford to lose the odd one or two through "pilot error".
So I allow him to trade up to two sectors outside his start point.So he is upgraded from Sector Trader to Local Trader.

For my cunning in trading expertise,I have been recognized as a wholesaler.
Last edited by TTD on Fri, 7. May 10, 14:41, edited 2 times in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 22:24

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 22:51

Thanks for the link.

Checking it out now.

For those interested in my pics,I will not do any tonight,for the above reasons.
Tomorrow I hope to put a new Graphics card in my rig.Well ...not new tech,but it will have 512 mb.( Geforce 8400 GS) only problem is it's PCI.whereas my existing 256mb card turns out to be AGP.
I am hoping the extra mem will help compensate a bit.Otherwise I will look for a 512 AGP.
So If you don't see anything about Norman Fudge,don't worry.He will be back.

Well,me and my mate seem to have flooded Argon space with ore.Can't seem to get good selling prices in home sectors now.Time for a shift.I am going to trade in silicon.Good profits are to be made if you can buy and sell enough at a time.

I just need to get this Tanker ready for another pilot and then I'll be down to get me one of the ships I have acquired 2nd hand ,ready for my next phase.This tanker is slowing me down a bit,but I just need enough for the final software from Terrracorp and some extra shields,and it is over to my second pilot to trade with it.The first I will relocate his trading sector to Herron's Nebula with a trding radius of 2 sectors. then put this one down in ore belt.

I have a Buster and a disco waiting for me and another Tanker when I am ready,but that will have to wait.I need this next phase in order first.
Have you guessed what that is yet?

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 00:59

Also if you have a problem with credits you can get a mobile mining ship up in running easy. I reccommend a maxed out mistral superfreighter for mobile mining. Or you can be a professional pirate. A regular mistral is fast and can be armed to the teeth with 6 guns. You can use the regular mistral to slurp and to support your TM full of fighters. Later when you get capital ships and frigates a regular mistral makes a valuble that destroy ships.

I have 1 OTAS TM, 1 Split mamba, 1 kestral, 3 OTAS mistral superfreighters equipped as Mining Ships, And 1 regular Mistral for combat support and Slurping. All my ships are maxed out including my space suit.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 13:18

More from Norman Fudge later.For now his trade and race reps are increasing.

Yes Oi be doin' fine now.Sent the second TS pilot to learn the trade and jumped into to disco. I have two Busters and another Merc Tanker waiting for me,but first I must get,...yes...satelites up and running in each of the Argon sectors.I need to know what goin' on,trade-wise in each sector,so I can plan a bit further ahead when I want to buy something for meself loik.

So if you guessed right,cue up at the trading station in Ore Belt.I might have a job for you. If you look no more rough than I you may even get my tanker that's waiting.

Well I have repaired the disco.did max cargo,tuning an' steering in one go.Pinched the 2x 1 mj shields I had stored on my first Merc and went off an' bought another. Got me some software too and an Argon Licence.Never know when that might be useful.Sticking that in my passport too.

So I got to get around Argon space now and check a few things....

I want to have all the Argon Core sector mapped and a satellite installed in each sector. I went to The Hole,via Herron's Nebula.Couldn't see a thing.It was a regular pea souper as Terran visitors say.So I work back round to the EQD at Antigone's Memorial then went south,telling my on board navigation system I wanted to dock at the Trading Station in The Wall.
This worked a dream ! All four gates charted,plus a few stations along the way.

Oh and as an added bonus,got myself my first TP class ship,an Argon Hermes.Well beaten up old wreck.They make reasonable TSs or small re-supply rafts if you are not going to do taxi runs in them.Paid just over 9,000credits.

Last edited by TTD on Wed, 9. Jun 10, 17:40, edited 3 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 22:36

It's lots of work placing a sattillite network. The best way is to buy a Kestral with all the upgrades and tell it deploy sattillite network under navigation. Then after it puts a sattilllite in every sector for you. (if you buy another Kestral it will go even faster and the universe will light up for you!) 600ms is really fast. A kestral can hold 11 advanced sattillites. You can buy a Kestral in ministry of finance. Oh and profits are hard to come by in Argon territory. The easy way to trade it you don't have 500k is to put down you sattillite network and have your freighter buy a ware for best price and sell ware for best price. You have to have a best buys locater, trading system extention, and trade software MK1 and 2 however it will always find the best deals. Preferably put a jumpdrive on the thing and do a manual trade for energy. You can't do this with energy bc I havn't figured out how to keep it from selling all it's energy to a factory and being stuck. All you have to do is set it to tell you when it's order is completed and you will pick something for it to buy or sell at the best price. You could do something else while it trades like I don't know deploy a sattillite network in your kestral. You will get a trade ever 3 or four minites if your using seta. Make 100k on average I hope.

question about mining. You want your mobile miners to sell as much to a factory at max price as possible. So If your TS miner has 15.000 cargo it will always make more profit than even a fast TS with 3,000 cargo. It't just the way it works. It will mine 15,000 cargo worth of minerals and sell them netting you about 400 thousand. Make sure you give your superfreighters the best weapons shields and drones and a jumpdrive and 1,000 energy to improve survivability. Also a Mistral Superfreighter can mount a tractor beam....HINT

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 22:53

Once again,thanks for the advice and answering my question.

I plan to build on Argon Core Centre and maybe get friendly with the neighbors. Already started that via my first ST wandering into Emperor Mines for some silicon.Similar will happen with the neighbors to the north I expect.

================================================

All sources of sats seem to be dried up atm,so I have to consider supplying the stations with resources ,or building my own.Otherwise I will have to venture further out from this safe-haven and source at last one from somewhere else.

Over 3 mil cr for an advanced satellite factory ? :rant: .Oh well I'll have to assist my pilots for a while then.I get some more software and decide to return to the Trading Station in Ore belt .There I transfer all this software over to the 2nd Tanker and take control of her.
Last edited by TTD on Fri, 7. May 10, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 04:53

As long as you know where a sattillite factory is you can have your freighter "buy for best price" and it will find some everytime even it you don't know where any are the computer aboard the ship will spit out coordinates where they can be found. This is how I keep my military machine rolling. Can't wait to take the Kraken I'm stalking :!: If you want to stick to argon space buy yourself a Kestral scout ship and explore the universe. It really doesn't take long to map out everything. You can even go to earth in a human piloted Kestral because Nothing will catch you. It's the perfect scout ship. I'm sure you will find lenty of deals if you explore enough.

Return to “Creative Universe”