[Mod]Battlestar Galactica Ships V1.3[03/09] [New info Last post]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

[Mod]Battlestar Galactica Ships V1.3[03/09] [New info Last post]

Post by killerog » Fri, 16. Oct 09, 21:55

This mod follows on from this topic :: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233733

[ external image ]

Features:

--New start
--Ships from the Battlestar Galactica
--New mission to find the BattleStars
--Weapons from Battlestar Galactica
--New BSG hotkey (as of version 1.01)
--The Flattop can now repair landed ships using a custom menu

Plans for the mod:

--New high poly model for Flattop/pegasus/Galactica

Dynamic repair menu available when commanding the Flattop using the BSG hotkey:

[ external image ]

Allows you to repair damaged docked ships using ore and silicon. Amount used and speed of repair depends on the ship being fixed.

This new hotkey will be used for other ships providing different functions in furture version for example weapon and ammo production.

Changelog

V1.3

REQUIRES A RESTART!!!!!!!
Fixed Galactica and pegasus turrets/cameras
Fixed fleet spawning too fast
Fixed a few other camera issues
Tweaked weapon balance

V1.2

Included the missing types folder

V1.1

Weapons changed, now use ammo and do not replace any egosoft weapons
Weapons have new effects(work in progress)
New model for both the Pegasus and Flattop(work in progress)
Lots of fixes, including fixed Galatica turrets, mission fixes, fleet spawner fixed, menu text fixed and many more I have forgotten about
New dynamic menu for the repair script used on the Flattop(resouces yet to be balanced)
Ammo is brought at the Scorpion Fleet Shipyard

V1.0

New start added
Missions added
Weapons added
Repair script added
Lots of bug fixes

V0.05
Fixed MD code
Fixed T file

V0.04
Fixed basestar

V0.03
Updated Pegasus and Galactica, both ships should now have fully working guns and i have tweaked the hangers.

V0.02
Now should be fully compatible with 2.5
Dissabled the full mod for the time being

V0.01
First release
Updated mod for 2.5.

Download and install the latest version using my download tool available from ::
www.killerog.co.uk

This mod comes in two parts, make sure to get both on a new install. Only download part 1 for an update unless I say other wise.

Credits::

Hawkbs implementing ships etc for reunion and TC.

Thanks to JCC for creating and fixing a large part of this new mod.
Thanks to mark_a_condren for help with the new menu system.

Modeling:
Coxxon (most ships)
David Kerin (cylon tanker, ship of lights)
Kreargh (Shipyard)
Last edited by killerog on Sun, 18. Dec 11, 17:50, edited 27 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 00:02

I've posted comments on repairs needed in the original thread.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 00:07

Thanks for the information. I have already taken a look at a few models and their tships. And can see the problems you have mentioned with the number of turrets/guns.

I have also removed the scripts needed to add the ships to ship yards and replaced it with MD code instead(much nicer).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 10:15

Killerog, can you repack this as a zip please ?

The original rar creates too many problems as some people have no idea how to move the contents of the rar into the correct places for the mod to function.

It would be better to have a zip that contains all the folder structure that is unzipped into the TC directory and requires nothing else except selecting the mod.

Also, it would be a good idea to remove the need for a false patch and a mod, and simply combine them both in the mod.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 11:48

Ok i will use Zips instead of Rars. Force of habit. :wink:

Next version will be two mods one with the new HUD and one with out it. So no need for the false patch.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 11:51

Oh, thats what the false patch is for ! :o

Seems most people just want the ships and not the conversion.

I use a usb stick for assembling zips. Just create the sub directories, copy everything in, then drag the directories into the zip. Then people just have to unzip into the TC directory and everything is in place.

Once its fixed up, it might be worth doing a decent start for it.

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 11:58

Thanks for your time on this Killerog.

I really appreciate your efforts in keeping Hawk's mod available and compatible with the 2.5 patch :)

Having been working on total conversion of bsg for a while now - its great to see that the x community has an appetite for bsg ... something during the past year I thought was absent. :(

yospanky
x3ap

Post by yospanky » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 13:27

I installed everything correctly, but unfortunately...
:arrow: I am getting a lot of Readtext
in the menus, especially the new options from the 2.5 patch.

I'm not sure what I did wrong; but I have several scripts
installed along with an Unleashed & cockpit false patch & also
the false patch that came with this release.

BTW: MANY THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS killerog!!!
Lakers 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 15:09

From playing around with the 1.8 version by itself only the Battlestars, Botanical Cruiser and Cloud 9 can dock and launch fighters. The others could dock fighters but not launch them. Galactica also had the problem of launching fighters while moving fighter would collide with the launch tube.

Also none of the ships except for the three Battlestars, The Defender and the Majahual could mount guns and the Majahual only could so that it could mount mobile drilling systems. Though the Celestra does show what looks like small turrets on the bow above what should be a docking bay but hadn't been set up as one. And the super shipyard in the mod has a glitchy fighter launch bay got a collision error a couple times leaving it.

I edited apricotslice's Gal start scripts to have a Galactica start with the 1.8 MOD on my system and just recycled the spaceliners at the PHQ keeping only the ones that could dock and launch fighters. The Galactica could also dock the TS ships but only Colonial One and the Galactica Shuttle could launch correctly the Gemenon Traveler would get stuck on launch with it's engine nacelles sticking out as they do.

My edits of the ships in apricotslice's merge mod I did was change the Galactica and The Defender to M2's, Colonial One and the Shuttle to TP's.

The liner model that the Coxxon Caprica Liner, Gemenon Liner, Olympic Carrier and Pan Galactic Liner share are too small for the docking port that stations, Pegasus and the other land/launch capable ships above use. The Tube Tanker, Astral Queen and Flattop I think are supposed to have external docking but only the Tube Tanker has graphics for the landing spot from what I've seen, the others have neither external spots shown or internal bays just a white spot you can see just before the view changed from the fighter to the ship if you dock with them.

Hope that helps.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 15:48

@ Kitarn:: Thanks for the info. Will help me a great deal.

@ yospanky:: Not sure what would cause that. could be this mod(still going though its files) or something else.

@Elffin:: I am happy to help :wink:

@apricotslice:: Yeh thats what the false patch is for. I do the very same thing with RAR files as you do for your Zips.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 19:43

Having just loading the Galactica up. The turret with 16 guns fires all 16 guns. So has the 12 gun limit been removed or am i being silly ?

Elffin
x3tc

Post by Elffin » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 19:58

Will have a look at that later on tonight.

If the limit has been changed - great.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 19:59

Are all guns firing correctly?
IIRC i had experimantated (ages ago) with a tiger with more then 12 frontguns, you could install lasers and iirc they fired but not correctly - the path of the projectiles was strange and not normal...

I also had a bug (cause by wrong tships entry) where a M3 had 20+ frontweapons... all of them were shown in the UI but couldn't be used.

If the limit has changed... YIPPIEEE [ external image ]
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 20:06

If someone could check as well that would be great would hate to start changing things that don't need changing.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 20:30

well i testet it on a custom chimera
4guns right at the front, 4 guns at the base of the wings and 8 guns at the tips of the wings (2 each)

only 14 fired
12 were accessible by normal equipment menu but the other 'firing' two couldn't be deinstalled and not be assigned to groups
15th and 16th laser didn't fire at all.
I could install it via the transporter (spawn 16 IRE at another ship, transfer via Transporterdevice)
[ external image ][ external image ]
Every laser except the 2 at the upper left wingtip fired

That are only frontweapons but there shouldn't be any difference to turreted weapons...
Last edited by Killjaeden on Sat, 17. Oct 09, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 20:31

This is strange could anyone test the Galactica's bottom guns for me and check them.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 00:21

Theres a difference between scripting in guns and adding them manually. More than 12 and the manually added guns wont stay put. Scripting them in gives a false impression that its working.

imo, the turrents with more than 12 guns, then interfere with other turrnets, which is why one of the less than 12 gun turrents wont work at all.

The limit wasnt changed as far as I'm aware.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 00:24

aww ok i didnt know that.

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 12:11

i just did a clean install for this and it's giving me readtext on some of the menus - no other mods installed. :)
All those moments will be lost.. in time, like tears.. in rain.
[ external image ]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 12:13

What are the read text errors ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”