Where to buy beta PPC factory excluding Paranids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theloneranger
x2

Where to buy beta PPC factory excluding Paranids

Post by theloneranger » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 22:11

Hi there, any ideas on where i can buy a beta ppc forge that isint in a Parind sector??

I dont know why but my notoriety doesnt seem to be going up with them.

Thanks

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 22:37

Assuming that this R, during the main plot your rank with the Paranid will not increase until you progess further into the plot. As such, IIRC, they will try to kill you if you enter their sectors.

As for buying a Beta PPC forge, check with the Boron.

theloneranger
x2

Post by theloneranger » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 22:58

Thanks for the info, i shall progress with storyline to increase paranid rank...

ALso managed to find b ppc forge in great reef.

Thanks

PiemasterUK

Post by PiemasterUK » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 09:53

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Assuming that this R, during the main plot your rank with the Paranid will not increase until you progess further into the plot. As such, IIRC, they will try to kill you if you enter their sectors.

As for buying a Beta PPC forge, check with the Boron.
I play R and I didn't get very far in the plot at all (maybe 2 missions) before I went into Paranid space and they didn't attack me. I couldn't dock at their stations, but that changed after I killed one pirate in their space.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 10:15

PiemasterUK wrote: I play R and I didn't get very far in the plot at all (maybe 2 missions) before I went into Paranid space and they didn't attack me. I couldn't dock at their stations, but that changed after I killed one pirate in their space.
The Paranid aren't friendly to start with anyway, but they do like you killing their enemies, so it's not hard to get up to docking rank. There is a plot related reputation change that effects the player temporarily, you know about it when it happens
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

PiemasterUK

Post by PiemasterUK » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 10:22

So basically at some point during the plot you lose the ability to be friends with the paranid? And then at another point you gain it again?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 20:29

PiemasterUK wrote:So basically at some point during the plot you lose the ability to be friends with the paranid? And then at another point you gain it again?
I don't think it means they will attack any stations you might have in their space though, but I would avoid factories in core paranid sectors to start with, just in case.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

stooper88
x3tc

Post by stooper88 » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 20:58

mrbadger wrote: I don't think it means they will attack any stations you might have in their space though, but I would avoid factories in core paranid sectors to start with, just in case.
I'm curious about this as well and am wondering if others can shed some light. In a previous save, I faintly recall making the following observations after the Paranid closed off their borders:

1) All my ships in Paranid space stopped wherever they were and would no longer accept commands (control eventually regained after plot).

2) Initially, all Paranid ships shown in (OOS) Universe/Sector maps remained blue (friendly).

3) At some random intervals (I couldn't determine the pattern), various Paranid ships in various Paranid sectors would become red (turn hostile) in (OOS) Universe/Sector maps. However, not all Paranid ships would turn hostile. Most ships in sector remained friendly.

4) Not immediately, but eventually, several of my advanced satellites were destroyed by hostile Paranids.

5) None of my "derelict" ships were attacked or harmed. But to be honest, I tried to advance this stage of the plot as quickly as possible. It may be chance that I lucked out. The Paranids saw fit to discriminate against satellites, so I would think they would do likewise to player ships if given enough time.

6) I had no factories so cannot remark on how they get treated. Again I suspect, given enough time, player owned stations would suffer aggression similar to satellites.

7) After the plot was advanced, all hostile Paranid ships reverted back to friendly status. (I never retaliated against their aggressions, so this result may vary depending on whether a player fights back.)
Beware the pirate spacesuit patrols!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”