Firestorm and jumpdrive in X3:TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yokozuna

Firestorm and jumpdrive in X3:TC

Post by yokozuna » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 01:26

Ok. I don`t have a ship that can use firestorm torpedo at the moment so i can`t test the following scenario but i want to find out how the game works and if it is possible. Here`s the deal: i`m closing at let`s say 200-300 m from the targeted big ship (m7, m1, m2) and while dodging incoming fire from the turrets i engage the jumpdrive and when it says 90% i fire the firestorm torpedo. What`s happening next? I`m jumping to a different sector but what`s happening to the torpedo and the enemy ship. Does the game simulate hit or deletes my torpedo because i`m not in the sector it has been fired in? :( The whole idea is to make the torpedo useful. With the improved defense some scripts add and even in the vanilla it is a pretty easy target for turrets so my goal is to get close enough to the target and fire it at min distance so that even if it is destroyed the enemy to be in the blast radius and at the same time i`m gone in the second after launch using the jumpdrive (the only possible run away in this situation).

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 01:47

I don't know if the missile will still 'exist' OOS, but even if it does it definitely won't impact and cause damage. Combat works differently OOS. The positive side is that if you have an OOS ship with firestorm torpedos, they will hit 100% of the time.

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 02:21

If you jump to a different sector the missile will disappear, however if you jump to the same sector the missile should still be there and impact as normal.

I haven't tried this myself but it should work as you never leave the sector.

Bye :)

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 02:40

As an experienced X3 player, I can tell you what will happen.

You fire the torpedo, and then you are killed immediately from the blast of the torpedo as it is shot by the turret fire you are dodging. Been there done that. :D
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 11:53

The_Hypo wrote:If you jump to a different sector the missile will disappear, however if you jump to the same sector the missile should still be there and impact as normal.

I haven't tried this myself but it should work as you never leave the sector.

Bye :)
Hmm that might work if the jumping itself is not making the missiles fired disappear. Testing needed :)
Bothersome wrote:As an experienced X3 player, I can tell you what will happen.

You fire the torpedo, and then you are killed immediately from the blast of the torpedo as it is shot by the turret fire you are dodging. Been there done that. :D
Yep that`s true but i`m pretty sure i would be able to find a second when i`m not under fire even if that means closing at 50 m or less and staying in some blind spot just for an instant but enough to launch the missile safely. But yes, the whole operation should be timed very precisely.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”