[TC] FAA & CFA Failing. Others?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The_Bob
x3tc

FAA & CFA Failing. Others?

Post by The_Bob » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 06:56

By others I mean other fighter swatting weapons.

I just beat OFF, and on almost ALL of the missions, my FAA's tended to hit NOTHING. The enemy ships would be perfectly fine, at any time. I shot down more Kha'ahk fighters with my PPC's then the FAA's.

I mean, sometimes they worked, and when they do I'd have nothing else for fighter swatting, it's just.... it's not consistent. Sometimes they'll hit anything and everything, leaving me untouched by fighters, but other times, I'll have 2 or 3 scouts just sitting there shooting at me.... the entire mission, and my FAA's just blazing off missing and wasting energy. :evil:

So...

I'm curious to know what other fighter swatting weapons I could put on my Boreas Destroyer in place of FAA/CFA. I'm thinking either CIGs or HEPTs. But I was curious if anyone else has found other weapons that work well.

tidurlagi
x4

Post by tidurlagi » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 07:04

I think i read it somewhere that there is a bug in flak type weapon. The flak wont hit anything. To remove it player must jump in to that sector again.
And IMO, HEPT is better.

The_Bob
x3tc

Post by The_Bob » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 07:22

tidurlagi wrote:I think i read it somewhere that there is a bug in flak type weapon. The flak wont hit anything. To remove it player must jump in to that sector again.
And IMO, HEPT is better.
I didn't know that, I'll make sure to carry some extra E-Cells around.

I'd use HEPT's more, but the whole "Friendly Fire" thing I'm trying to avoid until I get my PHQ and take over the universe (Thanks to IR by 7ate :D)

I'll probably carry around HEPT's as well.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 07:36

Saveing, or doing tatical IS jumps, can cause FAAs to bug out doing zero damage. Best way to avoid it is not saveing in the middile of battle. To correct it when it does happen quit to desktop and restart X3TC, many times that'll sort things out. Sometimes it doesn't

The bug has always been there for X3 and might get solved at some point.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 10:35

The bug also affects SSCs and PSSCs.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 14:33

Alan Phipps wrote:The bug also affects SSCs and PSSCs.
I read that this one is supposed to be fixed in the next patch, might be wrong though.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 16:02

I would be nice to see them (FBL, Cluster FAA, SSC, PSSC) fixed at some point since I'd like see what the FBL/CFAA, in particular, can do when they work properly.

Gryphen76

Post by Gryphen76 » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 17:05

I heard that the convergence issue is going to be fixed in 2.5, but we'll have to wait and see. The problem is with the turrets not converging on the target correctly, they will always shoot behind the target.

What does work is when you notice them not converging on target correctly, save your game, then reload it. I've had this happen many times in my Yokohama with SSC's. Saving and reloading fixes the issue.

RandomBandit
x3tc

Re: FAA & CFA Failing. Others?

Post by RandomBandit » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 19:14

The_Bob wrote:...I just beat OFF...
really? no childish snickers at all? wow...such a growed up group.

ON TOPIC:
The save bug for flak weapons is already fixed for 2.5...not sure if that is supposed to be super top-secret (seems harmless).
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

kerrmitt007
x3tc

Re: FAA & CFA Failing. Others?

Post by kerrmitt007 » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 00:35

RandomBandit wrote:
The_Bob wrote:...I just beat OFF...
really? no childish snickers at all? wow...such a growed up group.

That had me laughing :D

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 01:55

What about when the flaks break, not from saving, but just randomly whenever you enter a sector. Because saving isn't the only cause of flaks breaking.

I know from actual experience. When it happens, I just disable the flak turrets since they're useless. Jumping to another sector, reloading the game, doesn't always help.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 9. Sep 09, 03:37

If you want to know the status of the next patch, check the Public Beta Testing Forum, if you're signed up for level 3 devnet access.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”