[TC] MARS/Starburst Shockwave Cannons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gryphen76

MARS/Starburst Shockwave Cannons

Post by Gryphen76 » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:21

So I've got a Yokohama with 2 SSC's on up and down turrets. I've noticed that sometimes, they will not track targets correctly, and will just sit there and fire at M3/4/5's repeatedy while not damaging them.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a bug? And would MARS help, if its available without scripting it in? If it is available, where would I get it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:23

MARS is a script. If you want more info on it, ask in the S&M forum. This isn't the place. And the effect you're referring to is indeed a bug, the infamous 'FLAK bug'. It'll be fixed in the upcoming 2.5 patch.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:25

The vanilla turret behaviour isn't great. It works, but you will encounter problems like you describe.

MARS is a replacement turret script, you can find the thread in the Scripts & Modding forum. It presumably adds a *Modified* tag to your game if you're bothered about that sort of thing, but it should make your turrets much more effective. Any more questions about it should be posted in the thread there.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:25

Glad I didn't go with the starburst cannons when kitting out my Yokohama. Went with the M/AM cannons instead. :wink:

Gryphen76

Post by Gryphen76 » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:29

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize that MARS was not included in the vanilla TC package, as i had played with the cheat scripts a while back when TC 1.0 came out, and noticed it was in there. Guess I'll have to wait for 2.5 to come out then, don't want that *Modified* tag!

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:49

Nanook wrote:MARS is a script. If you want more info on it, ask in the S&M forum. This isn't the place. And the effect you're referring to is indeed a bug, the infamous 'FLAK bug'. It'll be fixed in the upcoming 2.5 patch.
No, really? After some decades the Flak bug wll be fixed? Can't be true, you're surely joking. It's a kind of good luck charm for the series , they can't just take it out!

:lol:

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 00:39

That is a known bug with SSC and current workaround is to save and reload or jump out of the sector. I ran into that bug again couple days ago and noticed that restarting MARS script fixed that issue and started zapping Xenon flies again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”