X3TC Repair Laser

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RidgewayIT
x3tc

X3TC Repair Laser

Post by RidgewayIT » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 02:00

Ok I know when I get out of my ship the little Repair Icon is in the bottom left..but it won't let me repair a ship. When I click on info it says I need drones but Ive been reading where people repair ships themselves when they are outside of the ship. What am I missing?

Cyrus Deacon

Post by Cyrus Deacon » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 02:04

right click your mouse
more...More....MORE!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 02:39

You fire the repair laser like any other laser on your ship. Point and shoot.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Super_Bob
x3tc

Post by Super_Bob » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 02:57

be carefull to only do it on your ships, other ships will count it as a hostile action (even though they are getting fixed!).

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 03:20

also, ive seen some weird things - mars was repairing one of my recent captures, and i noticed a bunch of stuff dissapearing off it.. it seemed like the repair lasers shooting the ship were actually breaking stuff onboard.

So id avoid using the repair laser on anything without shields.

RidgewayIT
x3tc

Post by RidgewayIT » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 03:35

Thanks all

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 05:11

Lancefighter wrote:also, ive seen some weird things - mars was repairing one of my recent captures, and i noticed a bunch of stuff dissapearing off it.. it seemed like the repair lasers shooting the ship were actually breaking stuff onboard.

So id avoid using the repair laser on anything without shields.
Well you know what its like when you start welding, sometimes things get a little burned. :roll:

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 05:24

Lancefighter wrote:also, ive seen some weird things - mars was repairing one of my recent captures, and i noticed a bunch of stuff dissapearing off it.. it seemed like the repair lasers shooting the ship were actually breaking stuff onboard.
One has to Claim the ship before doing any repairs on it. Otherwise, stuff onboard like weapons and ship extensions will get fried.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

ricmatgre
x3

Post by ricmatgre » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 08:49

Could you not claim the ship and then tranfer the goods to your own ship before fixing it - but I have never had the problem you are talking of!

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 09:04

ricmatgre wrote:Could you not claim the ship and then tranfer the goods to your own ship before fixing it - but I have never had the problem you are talking of!
Yes, that's exactly how it has to be done if you want to salvage some of the things it has onboard. But if you repair it before claiming, then all that stuff goes away slowly.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 22:59

BeidAmmikon wrote:
ricmatgre wrote:Could you not claim the ship and then tranfer the goods to your own ship before fixing it - but I have never had the problem you are talking of!
Yes, that's exactly how it has to be done if you want to salvage some of the things it has onboard. But if you repair it before claiming, then all that stuff goes away slowly.
I don't think so. I've repaired hundreds of ships, and as long as I claimed them first, nothing ever disappeared. I've also repaired my own personal ship uncountable times, and never lost a thing. I think this loss of items on owned ships is an X-urban legend. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:17

mars was repairing ...

Is that by any chance the M.A.R.S. script? If yes, then vanilla X-urban legends deserve no credit. ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”