EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
[MISSION] "Real" Invasion Defence
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Mysterial



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 55 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 30. Aug 09, 20:43    Post subject: [MISSION] "Real" Invasion Defence Reply with quote Print

This Mission Director script generates missions to destroy the Xenon attack groups that normally fly into Commonwealth sectors from time to time. It will also trigger off the groups that sometimes fly from one Xenon sector to another and should trigger off Xenon invasions triggered by other scripts/mods as well (like "Improved Races")

Download Link (FileFront)

Installation:
Extract the archive to your base X3:TC directory with folder information enabled. Or copy the files to the matching directories in your X3:TC installation directly.

Resources used:
-Text file 1172
-Text page 7171 (shared by all my stuff)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThisIsHarsh





Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1132 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 31. Aug 09, 05:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This is an awesome idea. Finally someone making missions that actually have something to do with the game state!


_________________
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alkeena





Joined: 15 May 2007



PostPosted: Mon, 31. Aug 09, 05:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
This is an awesome idea. Finally someone making missions that actually have something to do with the game state!


I agree wholeheartedly I'll definitely give this a try =)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
someone else





Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 2970 on topic
Location: Italy
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 31. Aug 09, 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

looks cool. finally a MD "coder" (dunno how I can call people who work wit MD) that tries to make the game spawn missions without creating enemies from thin air. :thumbs_up:

just in case you have too much free time in your hands:
-a mission that asks you to bring wares to a NPC station when it needs resources
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3011365#3011365


a more off-shot:
-Corporations that act like a Corporation would do. build stations, interfere with economy, steal you trading opportunities (not all, but making them annoying is good)


_________________
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Goldfinch





Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Posts: 591 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

someone else wrote:

just in case you have too much free time in your hands:
-a mission that asks you to bring wares to a NPC station when it needs resources


Pretty sure trade missions are generated like this in vanilla (the bring x amout of wares type, rather than the junk item courier ones), although at higher trade ranks they ask for far more than the station can hold.

Edit: Either that or it sets the station resources low when the mission is generated, I suppose that's possible.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mysterial



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 55 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 02:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Goldfinch wrote:

Pretty sure trade missions are generated like this in vanilla (the bring x amout of wares type, rather than the junk item courier ones), although at higher trade ranks they ask for far more than the station can hold.


This is correct, although unfortunately I think the relatively high frequency of fake cargo requests results in this fact being difficult to notice.

someone else wrote:

a more off-shot:
-Corporations that act like a Corporation would do. build stations, interfere with economy, steal you trading opportunities (not all, but making them annoying is good)


If I had the time I'd love to write AI privateers that basically act like players themselves (corporation controlled or otherwise). Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely I'll find that kind of spare time Sad

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djrygar





Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 1750 on topic
Location: Wroclaw / Poland
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mysterial wrote:

someone else wrote:

a more off-shot:
-Corporations that act like a Corporation would do. build stations, interfere with economy, steal you trading opportunities (not all, but making them annoying is good)


If I had the time I'd love to write AI privateers that basically act like players themselves (corporation controlled or otherwise). Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely I'll find that kind of spare time Sad


hah - I just imagined that. Xenon invasion mission taken by AI privateers. Or hundreds of new stations built by them. Or other stations destroyed by pirates (privateer unable to cope with 6 pirate corvettes in defend station mission). Or even AI privateer who became filthy rich by buing and repairing used ships from other npcs ;>

Funny ;D

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThisIsHarsh





Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1132 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mysterial wrote:
Goldfinch wrote:

Pretty sure trade missions are generated like this in vanilla (the bring x amout of wares type, rather than the junk item courier ones), although at higher trade ranks they ask for far more than the station can hold.


This is correct, although unfortunately I think the relatively high frequency of fake cargo requests results in this fact being difficult to notice.


Regarding this, and moving slightly off topic...

I would love it if you, or someone else (err, someone else as in anyone else), would make an MD/MOD thingy that would remove all the random spawned missions and just leave the missions that have something to do with the game state... Go on, you know you want to...


_________________
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
someone else





Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 2970 on topic
Location: Italy
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Regarding this, and moving slightly off topic...

I would love it if you, or someone else (err, someone else as in anyone else), would make an MD/MOD thingy that would remove all the random spawned missions and just leave the missions that have something to do with the game state... Go on, you know you want to...


that would kill all the "station defend missions"... not that I am a lot disappointed by that. All the M6 annoyed me too much.

most trading missions will go down too.

all assasination missions will go down.

actually what you said is good only on trading missions, maybe even too much nerf.

I actually like the idea of "killing all the Egosoft standard missions that I hate" but they must be replaced with something else that feels more "part" of the game.

we definetly need a "offered missions" overhaul.

p.s. my knowledge of MD is negligible, i HATE MD because my head
Evil or Very Mad each time I open up a director file.


_________________
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThisIsHarsh





Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1132 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

someone else wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Regarding this, and moving slightly off topic...

I would love it if you, or someone else (err, someone else as in anyone else), would make an MD/MOD thingy that would remove all the random spawned missions and just leave the missions that have something to do with the game state... Go on, you know you want to...


that would kill all the "station defend missions"... not that I am a lot disappointed by that. All the M6 annoyed me too much.

most trading missions will go down too.

all assasination missions will go down.

actually what you said is good only on trading missions, maybe even too much nerf.

I actually like the idea of "killing all the Egosoft standard missions that I hate" but they must be replaced with something else that feels more "part" of the game.

we definetly need a "offered missions" overhaul.

p.s. my knowledge of MD is negligible, i HATE MD because my head
Evil or Very Mad each time I open up a director file.


Personally, I never take missions, except for plot, simply because I don't like randomly spawned stuff. I would like to play the missions that rely on game state, but there's no way to know without stripping the random ones.


_________________
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imperium3





Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 1252 on topic
Location: Oop north
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Has no one ever written a dedicated editor for the MD? (like doubleshadow's superb X3 editor I mean). Because I feel like that too sometimes, open up the director file with my head full of brilliant mission ideas (rescue hostage, board ship, that sort of thing) and then the xml code melts my brain Crying or Very sad


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThisIsHarsh





Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1132 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

imperium3 wrote:
Has no one ever written a dedicated editor for the MD? (like doubleshadow's superb X3 editor I mean). Because I feel like that too sometimes, open up the director file with my head full of brilliant mission ideas (rescue hostage, board ship, that sort of thing) and then the xml code melts my brain Crying or Very sad


I believe what you want is MS Visual Studio (theres a free version). Assuming the MD has schema files etc, Visual Studio will be able to do syntax highlighting, auto complete, maybe even inline help.

EDIT: apologies to Mysterial for this bit of hijacking...


_________________
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killerog





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 2562 on topic
Location: Kent, UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Md dose have a schema file, you get it with all the documentation when you download the MD files.

I guess the reason no editor has been created is A. Its still very new B. Not many people know how to use it and C. As those who do use MS Visual Studio.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djrygar





Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 1750 on topic
Location: Wroclaw / Poland
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 1. Sep 09, 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

yeah. I already stopped taking all invasion-like missions, to not spoil immersion created by Improved Races. Next rev of it will have some rewarding options. I actually would love to see Mysterial's script working seamlessly with Imp Races (and expanded on khaak and race invasions), not removing xenons it generates. Those two scripts are born to live together in symbiosis ;>, maybe you guys talk to each other, hm?Smile)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mysterial



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 55 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 2. Sep 09, 02:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Regarding this, and moving slightly off topic...

I would love it if you, or someone else (err, someone else as in anyone else), would make an MD/MOD thingy that would remove all the random spawned missions and just leave the missions that have something to do with the game state... Go on, you know you want to...


Well, it'd break the game (at the very least corporations wouldn't work; all of their missions are fake unless you consider the "bring us missiles" mission close enough to be valid), so actually, no Wink

Personally, I take a middle ground stance on this issue. While I think missions should use already-existing universe resources when possible (why are the escort/destroy convoy missions using random ships that don't even match race owner to builder like the "real" ships?) and I really hate it when ships magically appear out of the thin...err...space a few km from you, I don't entirely frown upon spawning things that are required to make the mission available at a reasonable rate so the player can enjoy them. Especially in a universe where it's established that pretty much anyone can get/salvage a Jumpdrive if they have the resources, I don't have a problem with e.g. spawning ships through a nearby gate. I'd rather have that than no combat missions in half the universe because e.g. no hostiles can ever make it to Kingdom End (although I can understand your point of view). Also, some mission types wouldn't realistically be possible without some fudging, e.g. the "follow this ship back to its base" mission.

ThisIsHarsh wrote:

I believe what you want is MS Visual Studio (theres a free version). Assuming the MD has schema files etc, Visual Studio will be able to do syntax highlighting, auto complete, maybe even inline help.


It does, although it doesn't match brackets (or if it does I don't know how), which the MD really needs. So many bugs I've had due to missing a } Sad

djrygar wrote:
yeah. I already stopped taking all invasion-like missions, to not spoil immersion created by Improved Races. Next rev of it will have some rewarding options. I actually would love to see Mysterial's script working seamlessly with Imp Races (and expanded on khaak and race invasions), not removing xenons it generates. Those two scripts are born to live together in symbiosis ;>, maybe you guys talk to each other, hm?Smile)


The mission should work with the Xenon invasions spawned by other scripts like Improved Races if they're within a few jumps of a Xenon-owned sector. I haven't extensively tested it, though, since I don't yet run IR on my normal game, so any feedback on how well it works would be appreciated.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Mon, 23. Oct 17, 08:01

All times are GMT + 2 Hours


Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2017
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.67383 seconds, sql queries = 29