[TC] IBL fab

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shireknight
x3tc

IBL fab

Post by shireknight » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 02:11

I found an IBL fab in my universe and managed to get 7 IBL's from it before an Argon task force spotted and destroyed it however it got me thinking, the fact that it even existed must mean that one shipyard in my universe sells them doesn't it?
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 02:17

No.

However despite there being 0 supply the enemy ships you cap tend to have stocks of them (up to 30 have been reported on certain npc BS).

The most ive gotten so far is four from a TL.

Even with all the stations destroyed this handy form of IBL will still be kicking around.

In an ideal world the pirate anarchy port would be a shipyard selling pirate ships/stations (inc spacefuel/illegal fireamrs to sell to merc bases/IBL/Weed etc)

They may need to expand on the current Paranid docking port model but I think its patchable =D
:)

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 09:30

There are three IBL stations in my game, and I know these are in other games too so it should be likewise in yours... I GUESS the one that bought it was in
Spoiler
Show
Loomankitshot (SPELLING!!) Treaty
BUT there are two more that don't seem to come undr attack in
Spoiler
Show
Weavers Tempest, Yaki territory, one near the gate and the other in the far south east area - plus two distelleries - one near first IBL factory, one in SW corner - It is worth making friends with Yaki if you haven't already and once you do you still have to 'apologise to the M2 in sector as it has been red at the start in all my games - DON'T send ships OOS in there until you've found it and apologised

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 12:54

Gavrushka wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Loomankitshot (SPELLING!!) Treaty
You mean
Spoiler
Show
LooManckStrat's Legacy?

Annoying thing about IBL's is that nearly all M7's, barring one Commonwealth M7 and the Terran/ATF M7's, can use IBL's and is one of the few anti-cap weapons that they can mount.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 13:15

But without IBL a lot of m7's would lack decent firepower si imo they are fine.

In my current 10 day old game I have 82 spare IBL and 6 IBL equipped m7's.

Boarding is the best source of them as its possible to get 32 of them off a single m2 if luck is on your side.

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 16:07

Gavrushka wrote: BUT there are two more that don't seem to come undr attack in
Spoiler
Show
Weavers Tempest, Yaki territory, one near the gate and the other in the far south east area - plus two distelleries - one near first IBL factory, one in SW corner - It is worth making friends with Yaki if you haven't already and once you do you still have to 'apologise to the M2 in sector as it has been red at the start in all my games - DON'T send ships OOS in there until you've found it and apologised
My game has 2 there as well, and it's out of the way so they're less likely to get destroyed by roaming military.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 17:51

It IS possible to get a IBL-fab: just scan every TL in the game - over a long period. If it has a IBL-fab on board, cap it with your marines !

In the German section of this forum there is evidence with screen shots that this way the player can obtain his own IBL-forge - even playing vanilla.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 17:57

Any idea of which race carries them >?

Assumedly only the Yaki
:)

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 21:07

General Dave wrote:Any idea of which race carries them >?

Assumedly only the Yaki
Any ship that can mount IBLs, can have it. Pirate, Split, Argon, etc..

The_Bob
x3tc

Post by The_Bob » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 23:23

dcampos wrote:
General Dave wrote:Any idea of which race carries them >?

Assumedly only the Yaki
Any ship that can mount IBLs, can have it. Pirate, Split, Argon, etc..

I think he meant which race's TL's carry IBL fabs.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 23:39

TLs deliver factories as GoD deems them necessary, so blow up some IBL fabs then you just need to be lucky keep a very close eye on the 'verse.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 15:08

The_Bob wrote:I think he meant which race's TL's carry IBL fabs.
Oh...ok. In this case my best bet is to blow up the IBLs fabs in Weaver's Tempest and wait until one of the several Yaki Ryus go in there to rebuild them and cap it.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 19:20

Seems it can take quite a while for the replacement factory to be delivered - Firestormed the Pirates' IBL factory about 15 hours ago in my game & periodically check the sector, to see if it's been rebuilt & surrounding area, to see if I can spot a TL heading that way - no luck so far.

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 20:34

GCU Grey Area wrote:Seems it can take quite a while for the replacement factory to be delivered - Firestormed the Pirates' IBL factory about 15 hours ago in my game & periodically check the sector, to see if it's been rebuilt & surrounding area, to see if I can spot a TL heading that way - no luck so far.
Keep looking on Senator's Badlands. I was just colecting (er..capping) Ryus there in the other day. They respawn pretty fast in there.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 21:40

Hmm... destroying the factory and stealing the replacement is an interesting way of tackling the IBL supply problem.

I took the resource supply approach. I made friends with the Yaki and built a complex in Weaver's Tempest to keep their IBL forges fed. It has worked well for me so far. Whether it's an NPC station or your own, the hardest part is waiting for each IBL to be made.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 21:50

If you had 5 good marines you can board the Ryus in their space because they almost always carry IBLs. In 3 of them that I capture, one came with 6 IBLs. They are easy to board using spacewalk. The worst part is take out the pretty nasty yaki fighters that keep coming after you.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 22:03

Ecthelion wrote:Hmm... destroying the factory and stealing the replacement is an interesting way of tackling the IBL supply problem.

I took the resource supply approach. I made friends with the Yaki and built a complex in Weaver's Tempest to keep their IBL forges fed. It has worked well for me so far. Whether it's an NPC station or your own, the hardest part is waiting for each IBL to be made.
Planning to do something similar myself, except with an added trade station to stockpile the guns, just haven't got round to doing it - I currently have more than enough unused IBLs (borrowed along with the Hercules TLs they were fitted to :pirat:).

Only reason I want to steal the pirates replacement factory is simply for the sake of owning my own factory & being able to complex it with a supply chain that doesn't depend on ships which can be easily destroyed.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 28. Aug 09, 22:14

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Ecthelion wrote:Hmm... destroying the factory and stealing the replacement is an interesting way of tackling the IBL supply problem.

Planning to do something similar myself, except with an added trade station to stockpile the guns, just haven't got round to doing it - I currently have more than enough unused IBLs (borrowed along with the Hercules TLs they were fitted to :pirat:).

Only reason I want to steal the pirates replacement factory is simply for the sake of owning my own factory & being able to complex it with a supply chain that doesn't depend on ships which can be easily destroyed.
I was thinking about adding a trading station, but I may just keep a TL there to serve the same purpose.

Weaver's Tempest - where I have my supply complex - seems to be a very safe sector, since it's several sectors away from the Paranid (and even farther from other races). I'm not worried about my transports being destroyed since they stay in-sector and I'm careful not to annoy their Yaki hosts.

I can see the appeal of having your own IBL forge though, just to say it's yours.

One interesting thing that I noticed when building my complex is that this page appears to be wrong. I don't know if the Pirate IBL forge is different from the Yaki ones (the Pirate one was apparently destroyed in my game), but the Yaki ones need Space Fuel (which is conveniently produced by the Yaki Space Fuel stations in Weaver's Tempest), not Nostrop Oil. All you really need to keep them in production is Ore, Energy Cells, and Delexian Wheat since the two Space Fuel Distillery M's are enough to keep the two IBL forges supplied with Space Fuel.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Exarch42
x4

Post by Exarch42 » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 21:28

If you don't mind some save/reloading, you can get IBLs from M2s pretty easily; Argon Prime has been my farming ground for them. Simply save at some point during the boarding (I usually do immediately after apologizing to the captain).

The game randomly generates the equipment on the ship at the point where you take posession, so if you save beforehand and reload, you get another shot at the equipment being what you were looking for. It's a bit cheesy, but then again, so is apologizing to the captain just before you steal his ship!

cardsfan08
x3tc

Post by cardsfan08 » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 02:14

I can not get the akuma in Weaver's to go blue everybody in that sector is red even thouhgh all other yaki are blue to me. I just cant use their shipyard or IBL forges. I have a fair bit of rep with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”