EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[Script] - Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2 12/09/2010
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
RayF

PostPosted: Fri, 18. Apr 14, 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

thanks dr.
But isnt this against the basic idea? I mean we install-buy a new equipment to generate energy so we dont have to buy it? just curious ...

DrBullwinkle

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 18. Apr 14, 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You're not trying to cheat, are you, Ray?

The basic premise for the script is that vanilla refueling logistics are terrible, and the whole thing about requiring jump fuel for jumping, combined with too-small cargo bays, is a combination that is fun for the first thousand jumps or so, then becomes tedious and boring after a while.

Basically, the script just reduces micromanagement. Obviously you should pay a little more for that. Now that you mention it, max price is probably too low... there should probably be a surcharge on top of it. Wink

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
RayF

PostPosted: Fri, 18. Apr 14, 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Dr,
cheat? Yea, i do it all the time especially with the repair laser Smile As long as i keep my game within my own parameters..

Anyway, the original comment by the author :
"Logain Industries engineers calculated that 99% of the time Capital ships used less than 50% of their overall energy producing capabilities, the CSesG integrates with and monitors the ships Shields and uses any surplus to generate Energy Cells. The smart monitoring will place the CSesG module into passive mode when the ships energy is required for Shield regeneration.
"
does not mention anything about paying..it leads to believe that you do get it for free, hence my question.

Anyway, thanks Dr.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 18. Apr 14, 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It is easy to change in the Script Editor if it really bugs you. I clearly marked my changes with "BW:"... just look for comments in the code with my initials.

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
herites

PostPosted: Fri, 9. May 14, 02:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey, I cant seem to find the energy cell generator in any eq docks, though I do have the option in the ship's special menu. The generator is not installed, at least it doesnt show up in the ship info menu. Any ideas?

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 9. May 14, 02:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The custom ware is out of date. Use CSecG v2.06 on page 13 of this thread.

herites

PostPosted: Fri, 9. May 14, 02:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Actually I'm using that, found that in your list, still I cant seem to find the energy generator anywhere.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Fri, 9. May 14, 02:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

There is no custom ware in v2.06. It uses Navigation Command Software instead.

herites

PostPosted: Fri, 9. May 14, 02:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Oh. So if I turn on the generator with a nav software installed my ship will generate ECs on its own up to the cap I've set?

ltdan81

PostPosted: Tue, 13. May 14, 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@BW:
I loved the idea of having this on by default, until I realized that I had a ton of fighters filling up precious cargo space with ecells they can won't use because they can't even fit a jump drive...

I changed the ware to jump drive on the setup and the task scripts and saw it working as it should, but then it broke... err got buggy.

I started seeing ships not refueling as they should so I re-initiated the scripts, saw cells being made so I went on thinking it was just a hangup from changing the scripts,,,, until I had another ship run out. Same thing, reinit scripts and it made ecells.

I'm still testing but I found that ".settings" was misppelled as ".sattings" where the key variables were supposed to be set.

Been trying to figure out why it worked with the nav software and I think it's because of the workaround for built in wares? The check is working correctly, and the menu only shows up when a jumpdrive is installed, it just won't pass into a loop.

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Tue, 13. May 14, 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Changing the required upgrade to a jump drive is an interesting idea, except that it is not an "upgrade" (as in software upgrade). I don't know whether it will work correctly in the setup script. If it does, then it is a nice solution.

ltdan81

PostPosted: Tue, 13. May 14, 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ya, I'd like to set it up so you have to have Nav + JD or Special + JD. Would it work if I used $ware[0], $ware[1], and then maybe even add an $ware[2] so that you have Nav + Special + JD?

Actually using Fight MK 2 would make more sense than using Nav, because something has to be monitoring your shields and Weapons to know how much spare power you have right?

Checking for the jump drive seems to be working as I am only seeing the menu on ships with JD's and Cells are being made up to the correct limit, but only once after I run the setup from the editor.

ltdan81

PostPosted: Tue, 13. May 14, 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I understand what you meant about the upgrade software now. As much as I've stared at this script, I wasn't paying attention to the $CMD1. I'm starting over with a new approach making the special command software the primary ware, then adding a query for a JD secondary.

I believe that what I was seeing with the one time pass was the clean exit from recognizing a new script. Still don't understand how it was working before with "sattings" instead of "settings" in the task script for the menu variables.

darkslimus

PostPosted: Fri, 9. Dec 16, 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I restart a game of X3TC beacause X3TC rocks !!!

the links (page 13) of v2.06 are down, any chance to have a valid links?

regards

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 9. Dec 16, 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not sure what's wrong with the xdownloads link, but here's a new download link, this time from mediafire.com.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next