Tractor Beam won't lock

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mergs
x3tc

Tractor Beam won't lock

Post by Mergs » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 20:29

In X3TC (ver 2.1), I am flying a Sciron (M6) with 14,500MJ max laser energy and a 435 MW laser engery recharge rate, so think I'm ok on power.

When I target my station, red icon is blinking, I'm about 1.5Km away, I line up and put my cursor on my station (tried several places including smack on the red flashing icon), I tap my fire button and the Tractor Beam fires a green beam ... but it only holds for a couple of seconds, then turns off. The energy indicator is counting down from 100% to maybe 95% when it shuts off.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, Any suggestions are appreciated.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 20:30

Are you sure your in range? It fires a small beam, then locks on with a big green beam so you can pull it...

Is the station yours?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Mergs
x3tc

Post by Mergs » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 21:15

Yes to both - I'm in range and I own the factory.

Actually, I just connected to my other factory in this sector and began to tow it, so the Tractor Beam worked for it. But then upon retur to my original factory, I now notice that all of the structure graphics are not there - just pieces here and there, although I can target it and land too - so looks like I have solved my Tractor Beam problem, only to find another, possibly bigger one.

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 21:20

Textures disappearing selectively for stations, it's an ooooold one.
Dock and reload. The stations would regain their textures and you should be able to work with them. If not, repeat the procedure.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”