[TC] urgh, in need for some help (terran campaign and random missions)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aethlin

urgh, in need for some help (terran campaign and random missions)

Post by Aethlin » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 09:23

Ok, hello, I'm a newbie to X3:TC, but it went pretty well....up untill now....

The main problem is this, I started with the terran start and did some of the campaign next to some other missions I found, but now I'm stuck. I have to bring 200 teladianium to argon m148 (IIRC) but whenever I enter, these argon guys tell me I'm not allowed there and if I continue on they roast my Vulture Hauler....

So my first question is this: I read somewhere that this can be solved by becoming better friends with the argons, is this right? If so, what would be a good way to do so?

I tried doing some missions to get my argon rank up, but either people ask me to kill people, find ships or scan things in outrageous time limits (ranging from 5 to 15 mins), or they ask me for protection, but in the latter case the pirates or yaki turn up with around 5 Centaurs and dubble that amount of fighters and scouts.....Have I accidentally switched some difficulty setting or something, cause I get completely pawned by them.( I'm flying a M3, Susanowa, with 2 Plasma somethings and 3 IRE's).

I'd very much appreciate your help,

~Aeth
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever, have you thought of going into teaching?"
Terry Pratchett - Mort

Ferdilance
x2

Post by Ferdilance » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 09:36

One way to get access to this sector with low Argon rank is to start the Final Fury missions.
Spoiler
Show
you can do this by comming a ship in Omnicron Lyrae and agree to help him
Even with a fairly good rep with the Argons you will still not be allowed into this sector. So I had to do the above mission.

Other than that you should leave the mission for while and improve you skills and get more upgrades for your ship.
Peace through superior firepower

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 10:30

This was fixed a couple of patches ago. 2.0, maybe?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 10:42

You need to patch your game, this is a problem that was solved some time back.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Aethlin

Post by Aethlin » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 17:07

thanks for the help, patching to 2.0 did indeed work and solved my problems.

~Aeth
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever, have you thought of going into teaching?"
Terry Pratchett - Mort

unimatrix0030
x3tc

Post by unimatrix0030 » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 11:02

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”