[X3TC] The doomed NavSat Factories.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pSylle
x3tc

[X3TC] The doomed NavSat Factories.

Post by pSylle » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:21

Hi ;D

As far as i played, ive never seen any race using Nav. Satellites.

Does this mean NavSat factories are doomed to disappear due to no buyers?
(Just to well understand the X world).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:23

They don't 'use' them, but various trading stations and others do buy them from the traders, who buy them from the factories. If you notice, satellite factories rarely have many in stock, usually meaning someone is buying them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:27

NPC traders buy AdvSats from my factories at well over average price. I have no idea what they do with them, but I'm happy to take their money.

pSylle
x3tc

Post by pSylle » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:34

Hmm, so how come all terrans heavy missiles factories have disappeared, i mean, isnt there some traders buying them for their collection?

I think theres a bug there since, compared to eng.xtc.ru database, i miss more than 30 factories in all terran sectors including all Phantom missiles factories in early game making my hard-won Claymore a useless flying box.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:40

The Terran issue is more likely due to the weapons factories not getting the resources they need, and hence GoD removing them for being non-productive. Although I think that was modified a bit in the latest patch to keep those factories around longer. Are you patched to 2.1?

What I did to help keep the Terran factories around, and even generate new ones, was to run several sector traders in Terran space with limited ranges. They made a small profit and kept the weapons production going.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pSylle
x3tc

Post by pSylle » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:50

Yes, im patched 2.1, i was wondering if the new aldrin missions was the guilty :o

As i said it was very early in the game, as soon as i could shield my claymore, the factories were gone.

About satellites, so i gues i can build some factories and have some profiiiitttts then.

Thanks for replies :D

X1000

Post by X1000 » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 22:24

Pirates have several placed in there sectors, i am not sure what they do. :?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”