[Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.07 [For TC v3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 15:36

grellth wrote:I have not attempted scripting, so I am guessing at what might be reasonable to implement.

I like Config parameter flexibility, but it does make set-up/installation a bit more difficult.

If Wanderers have other purposes, limiting the number of them or respawn time may not be a good solution.

Number could be based on a percentage parameter of the "explored sectors" on the Pilot Status screen.

Respawn time could be adjusted by a multiplication parameter.
0 = don't respawn, 1 = normal, 2 = twice as long, etc.

By equipping them based on a S/M/L parameter, their effectiveness at eliminating Xenon could be adjusted based on player preference.

Another option might be to allow the player to set the aggression level.
"Retreat from enemies", "Ignore unless fired upon", or "Attack all enemies"
Most of that is well beyond me.

Spawning of ships is controlled by the jobs file, which calls a script to control the ship. The number of spawns and timing of respawns, and the agrression level is controlled by the job, and thats a preset. Whats on the ship is controlled by the script. One could add a control for stopping the spawn under some conditions, but I couldnt do it.

The purpose of the wanderers is to populate the universe with Apricot Mapping Service ships, who are out there mapping the universe and collating the information for the benefit of anyone (who pays for it). One of the scripts in the mod updates every sector you have been in, each time you start the game up, and this is part of the info from the wanderers. Their fitout is per my philosophy of never take 1 when 10 will suffice, and why walk away from a bully when you can kick his arse without breaking stride. They are built for self preservation and the pilots are well trained.

The basis was on the Goners, but with the attitude of why be defenseless when its easy to be the opposite.

I am considering lowering the number of them.

grellth
x3tc

Post by grellth » Fri, 1. Oct 10, 23:21

apricotslice wrote:Most of that is well beyond me.

Spawning of ships is controlled by the jobs file, which calls a script to control the ship. The number of spawns and timing of respawns, and the agrression level is controlled by the job, and thats a preset. Whats on the ship is controlled by the script. One could add a control for stopping the spawn under some conditions, but I couldnt do it.

The purpose of the wanderers is to populate the universe with Apricot Mapping Service ships, who are out there mapping the universe and collating the information for the benefit of anyone (who pays for it). One of the scripts in the mod updates every sector you have been in, each time you start the game up, and this is part of the info from the wanderers. Their fitout is per my philosophy of never take 1 when 10 will suffice, and why walk away from a bully when you can kick his arse without breaking stride. They are built for self preservation and the pilots are well trained.

The basis was on the Goners, but with the attitude of why be defenseless when its easy to be the opposite.

I am considering lowering the number of them.
Thanks for the responses.
I will continue to enjoy the merge/mod and deal with the minor inconveniences.
(Warp wanderers to Khak sector anyone :twisted: )

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 13:01

The Merge Mod is fully compatible with v3.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 05:51

A fix file has been uploaded to fix a minor issue with the HQ, as it wanted credits for repairs. Unzip into the TC directory to have it placed in types to override patches and mods.

mjh111
x3

Post by mjh111 » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 23:31

I am having a weird issue :

I am getting 0/0 for storage for the v7 LI nodes. i Have downloaded the hq fix but i'm still getting 0/0. any suggestions?

Seems like there are 3 complete sets of LI factories so i'm kinda confused, i probbly caused the problem but i'm not sure where to look

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 22. Nov 10, 06:39

mjh111 wrote:I am having a weird issue :

I am getting 0/0 for storage for the v7 LI nodes. i Have downloaded the hq fix but i'm still getting 0/0. any suggestions?

Seems like there are 3 complete sets of LI factories so i'm kinda confused, i probbly caused the problem but i'm not sure where to look
Actually there are 3 sets.

The v4 sets, the v7 HQ's and the v7EQ's. V7 redescribes the stations somehow.

And yes, there is a problem. LA when he did v7 named the new version stations with the old ID's, and so there are now 2 sets of the same ID's in the file. And obviously the game is using the first set only when comparing the stations to the HQ definition.

I've not had time (just this minute got back on line after being away nearly a week) to figure out if this was a major problem or not, but obviously it is.

The problem only arises because of the attempt to leave the v4 stations in there with the v7, so that those using v4 still would have backwards compatibility. (I'm still using v3 myself).

Give me some time to get reorganised, and I'll see what can be done about it.

mjh111
x3

Post by mjh111 » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 04:22

Thanks Apricot,

Appreciate the help (in advance), and great job on the mod (coming back to x3 after almost a year and used your mod for a long time before that).

as a complete amateur i can tell you just deleting the 2 other factory with the same type name with the doubleshadow's editor 2 seems to work at first but the whole thing starts to have problems after a while. (seemed like FDN just stopped working / recognizing the docks)

good luck pinning this down seems like a tough one to me

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 04:24

I think I'm going to need to change the ID's on one set, then add the other ones in. Just not sure how that will effect the scripts. In theory, it wont. But I'm guessing.

Edit: The v4 fdn should still work. Its v7 that wont.

So if you dont mind having to do some work after its fixed, keep using v4.

dlcooper
xr

Post by dlcooper » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 20:13

I'm new to X3 and new to modding and was just trying out the merge mod and it looks very nice so far. Anyone know if any of the cockpit mods are compatible with AMM. Still new to modding and I'm not sure how you tell if mods are compatible or not. Thanks.

Doug

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 00:55

No, none of the cockpit mods are compatible. Sorry.

Basically, if 2 mods change the same files, they are not compatible, but must be merged by making the changes in 1 mods file to the file in the other (if possible).

Any ship mod will be incompatible to all the rest.

The cockpit mods change the cockpit entry on each ship in the ships file, so thus are not compatible.

The way to be sure, is download doubleshadows Modmanager program, and load each mod into it. Check which files are in both. If the same file is in both, then they are incompatible to some degree.

dlcooper
xr

Post by dlcooper » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 16:47

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to say you have a very nice mod here and I'm definitely liking it a lot and look forward to seeing what you're planning for future versions.

The cockpit mods are kind of a 2 edged sword. They look good but they do cut down on visibility a lot, so it's not a big deal if I can't use one.

Thanks
Doug

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 02:09

Please note : If you are using AWRM, CPLS, PMTS, or Frontier Wars mods, any issues you have should be taken to the author of those mods FIRST. This is because these mods, by their method of installation, override all other mods and it therefore is the author of those mods responsibility to troubleshoot any conflicts caused.

Gilgamec
x4

Post by Gilgamec » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 06:56

Hey just a quick question, extended HQ and FDN are compatible right? I am having thesame problem as above, 0/0 storage at my v7 node...any ideas for a fix? I installed from his thread so I dont have v4.

bluewiz1960
x4

complex cleaner not working

Post by bluewiz1960 » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 02:43

I have been running this mod for weeks now with no problems ...I decided to clean up my complexes after a ship broke one again...I can run the cleaner part and get FACT modules but i cant link them into a complex..when I want to drop a connector to make a hub, the modules do not show up to be linked...I might have done this to myself...the Complex cleaner mod is separate in the load screen but is included with the AMS Mod...if that is the problem, can it be fixed or any other ideas what might be happening...asked same questions in cleaner forum I just noticed there is a merge mod 2.07 and a AMS mod v2.14 [the one I have] ...confused

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 05:48

Update :

With the new X3 game just announced, I have the sad announcement to make that None of my mods are going to be updated to the new game.

Since the game requires Steam, and I've made a personal decision not to use steam, and it appears there will not be a disk version available in Australia, I wont be getting this new game, and this makes it impossible for me to update the mod and test.

Thankyou to all of you have been using this mod, and I am sorry I wont be continuing it into the new game.

SpaceAcid

well done

Post by SpaceAcid » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 13:04

nice idea, I can see many who will find a great use in this mod

in general players looking to save time in combining scripts & mods themselves without the worries of conflicts.

and for new players who don't quite understand how to do any of this themselves.

Lastly.. yeah steam is bad ..very very bad

I always tell everyone to avoid purchasing games that have the steam
label on the box simply based on their creepy license agreement & terms
of use.

Nice Work.
Last edited by SpaceAcid on Tue, 6. Mar 12, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 13:12

Thankyou. :)

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 09:39

Awesome work, my only question is are you still updating the mods inside the merge? Like updating to FDN v8, ect.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 09:57

No plans for updating MM at this point.

FDN v8 is going a direction I dont really like myself. But there should be no reason why it wont work with the mod, since it is usable with all stations. Just install it, leave the old versions turned off in the AL menu, and use v8 on any station you want.

saint_667
x3tc

Post by saint_667 » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 13:12

I found a little problem uninstalling the merge mod. On doing a clean install after removing X3TC, the mod kept on restarting. After looking for reasons for this strange behaviour, i found that the mod folders were still in the C:\program files\egosoft\x3 terran conflict\ folders and were not deleted as they were flagged by windows 7 as protected files.

Generally these are hidden folders and won't appear even when you set your folder settings to show hidden files.

Solution: First i uninstalled x3tc and then used cygwin to look at my program files directory which showed those "hidden folders". i proceeded with deleting the whole EGOSOFT folder directly by typing rm -r EGOSOFT. (WARNING: this command is irreversible and please be sure what you are deleting).

I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem when trying to remove the mod.

TAG: x3tc apricot merge mod remove uninstall

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”