[Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.07 [For TC v3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

[Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.07 [For TC v3]

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:21

Note : Although designed for the Superbox, this mod wasnt submitted due to the way too short time between the 2.7.1 patch and the submission date. It wasnt possible to update the mod in so short a time.

Nothing added in v3 impacts on the AMM v2.07.

Download from http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

Please note : If you are using AWRM, CPLS, PMTS, or Frontier Wars mods, any issues you have should be taken to the author of those mods FIRST. This is because these mods, by their method of installation, override all other mods and it therefore is the author of those mods responsibility to troubleshoot any conflicts caused.

v2.08 (proposed)
BSG still under development.
SSDN v7 being modified for MM.

v2.07 HQ Fix
A fix file has been uploaded to fix a minor issue with the HQ, as it wanted credits for repairs. Unzip into the TC directory to have it placed in types to override patches and mods.

v2.07 is updated to patch 2.7.1.
FDN v7 added
PM v7 added
FDN v4 compatible.
SSDN v3 compatible.
Pirate Starts by TEKing66 added.
Holy Asteroids by TEKing66 added.

v2.06 is updated to patch 2.6.
New start added.
Globals updated.
No other changes made, but LA's scripts are now all out of date, but deliberately left unchanged due to backwards compatibility with old versions. Update scripts manually if you want the new versions.

v2.05 is updated to patch 2.5 and is approx 99mb zipped. See release notes below for changes.

Let me know if you find any issues.

Note : Special instructions for users of SSDN in the release instalation instructions below. SSDN has a complete new script set and needs the old one shut down before using the new.

-------------

As part of the Superbox project that Egosoft is begining to assemble, I've taken on the task of assembling a single Mod that contains as many of the smaller mods that can be brought together without conflict.

To this end, the Superbox Merge Mod can contain :

* Any ship mod, where the models are egosoft, public domain, or permission is given by the creator.
* Any factory or dock mod, again where the models are egosoft, public domain, or permission is given by the creator.
* Any script that uses a hotkey, AL, command or requires a product to activate. (Thus the player can choose to use it or not.)

There will likely be 2 versions of the Mod released.

A FULL version that includes anything deemed suitable.
The Superbox version, cut down to exclude anything copyright sensitive.

Both will be compatible with each other, so anyone starting with the Superbox version, can upgrade to the Full version at any time.

All ships and new stations will be made available in a shipyard somewhere.

Mods that include changes to lasers and bullets may be a conflict that cannot be resolved easily, so these will need to be checked for compatibility.

This thread is intended for development discussion, suggestions for inclusion, and beta testing. Beta versions will be made available for testing purposes, anyone is welcome to test them. Please Beta test against a Vanilla game with only the mod loaded.

Please do not discuss game features or compare features here, unless it is directly related to a mod issue. Discussion of which is a better script or mod to include, where more than one exists to do the same thing is allowed, but please keep on topic.

As this will likely become a big thread, any off topic posts will likely be removed by the moderators in order to keep the thread on topic.

Suggestions for inclusions are now welcome.

Please include the full name of the mod or script, its author (if its not you), its current version number and its egosoft thread url.

Mods and scripts that do not have an egosoft thread can be suggested, but it would be better if you suggested the author do the submission here, as we will need to contact them.
Last edited by apricotslice on Tue, 15. Mar 11, 02:09, edited 25 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:22

APRICOT MERGE MOD
=================

This mod merges a lot of the smaller mods together so that they are compatible with each other in the same game.
The mod also includes some of the common script packs.

Currently includes :

102 New Ships
20 New factories
7 New Docks
2 New Guns
23 New Game Starts

Mods Included : (All mods are either TC v2.5 versions, or brought to 2.5 by inclusion.)
---------------

Apricot Mapping Service v2.11 by Apricotslice
....includes
....* 3 Game starts, AMS, Goner, Khaak
....* New Superstore Docks
....* AMS stations, Goner stations, Khaak infiltration stations
....* Jump to Derelict Command
....* Cbeam/Abeam/Dbeam collection scripts
....* UT/ST for most ships
....* Derelict ship creation
....* Apricot Claim Software
....* Beamdock command (replaces DockTS)
....* Auto update of known sectors each time game is loaded.
....* Extended PHQ with faster, no money building of ships, shields, guns and missiles
....* PHQ and Military Dock available to buy
....* Goner Temple and Goner Way Place available to buy
....* Known sectors updated each load.

Freight Distribution Network v4.04 by Logain Abler (using v3 models)
FDN v7
Strategic Sector Defense Network v3 by Logain Abler
Production Modules v4 by Logain Abler
PM v7
Complex Cleaner v4.06 by Gazz
X2 Callback v0.07 by Killerog
Lusca and Thanotos by Axeface
Whitestar v1.2 by aXeL
Normandy v1.3 by Tenk
Battlestar Galactica 1.8 by Hawkbs, updated by Killerog v0.5
Vanilla Malt Starts, by Snowship
Mars Repair Lasers for Drones, by Gazz
Pirate Starts by TEKing66
Holy Asteroids by TEKing66

Scripts Included :
------------------

Cycrow Cheat pack
Cycrow Community Plugin Config
Cycrow Improved Boarding
Cycrow Hotkey Manager
Graxter Marine Training Manager
Apricotslice Most ships ST/UT
Apricotslice Jump to Derelict
Apricotslice Apricot Claim
Apricotslice CBeam/Abeam/DBeam
Apricotslice/LV Beamdock
CutterJohn Resupply Menu

Hotkeys Included :
------------------

CBeam/Abeam/DBeam
Apricot Claim
Marine Training Manager

Note : These hotkeys need to be setup yourself at game or mod start.

Artificial Life :
-----------------

FDN
SSDN
CC

Note : These can be turned on or off in the Artificial Life Menu.

Additional Starts exclusive to Merge Mod :
------------------------------------------

Minbari Madness - Start the game with a Whitestar.
Galactica Quest - Start with Galactica and a small fleet.

Installation :
--------------

Delete all setup.apricot.??? scripts from the scripts folder if you already have installed the Apricot Mapping Service mod. These are replaced by Merge Mod scripts.
Unzip the Merge Mod Zip file into the Terran Conflict folder. All files should be placed correctly.
Select the Apricot Merge Mod from the jump off screen.
Select New Game.
Select a Game Start.

Installation - v2.04 to v2.05 for SSDN users :

Start game with v2.04 mod.
Turn off SSDN in AL menu.
Quit game.
Start game with v2.05 mod.
Turn on SSNDv3 in AL menu and redefine protected sectors.
delete script named "al.plugin.SSDN.register.xml"
You can also delete any script with '.SSDN.' in the name, but make sure you do not delete any 'SSDN3' scripts. This is not necessary, but good housecleaning.

New Game Start :
----------------

Game start conditions will be set up before you see the sector.
Turn on the Script Editor immediately, by renaming the player name to "Thereshallbewings". Make sure you have a capital T, and 2 ll's. (check it !!)
If correct, the game will freeze, then the player name will return to what it was. If it doesnt freeze, or the name remains what you typed, then you typed it wrong !
Save the game.
Load that save.
Mods will now load their specific needs. This may take a few minutes depending on your computer.
Save the game again.
Load that save.
Enjoy.

Continuing an existing game :
-----------------------------

If you already have one of the ship mods installed, it is best that you start a new game.
If you do not wish to start a new game......
Do NOT install the mod YET !!!
Stop all mod ships after you record all details of homebase and task.
Dock them and remove all fittings.
Sell all mod ships.
This especially includes the player ship if it is a mod ship - move to a vanilla ship, even if you ahve to buy a temporary one.
Destroy all mod stations except Complex Cleaner, which is compatible.
Install the mod.
Buy new ships. Refit them.
Script in new stations using the Cheat Pack.
If you have a PHQ in game already, remove all products from it, undock all ships, remove all credits from it, then destroy it using the cheat pack.
Script a new PHQ into a TL, then drop it as normal.
Failure to recreate your PHQ will result in mod features not being unavailable.

If you fail to remove a ship or station from one of the above mods in an existing game, the game saves will crash with a corruption error.

WARNINGS
-------------

Abeam converts astronaughts into a passenger with player race. Best used if you do not want to be carrying slaves. DONT use if marines are present, as they will be converted to passengers as well and any skills lost. DONT use on Plot pickups.

Do NOT use Abeam on a plot character The race of the pilot is changed in beaming, and a plot character will become broken by doing so.

Drones get converted into Drone Mk 2, as a free public service.

Do NOT use Apricot Claim on a plot ship. This is not recognised by the game and the plot will become broken.
Last edited by apricotslice on Tue, 28. Sep 10, 04:26, edited 13 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:23

Version History
-----------------

v2.06 is updated to patch 2.6.
New start added.
Globals updated.
No other changes made, but LA's scripts are now all out of date, but deliberately left unchanged due to backwards compatibility with old versions. Update scripts manually if you want the new versions.

v2.05 released 16-Oct-2009.
PHQ bug fix included.
Updated to Patch 2.5.
Updated to SSDN v3.
Updated to Cheat pack v1.6.

v2.04-fix. Temp fix until next version.
Fixed bug in PHQ file, that was zeroing 2 of the FDN storage spaces.

v2.04 released 10-sep-2009.
PM docks and new FDN models included.

v2.03 released 8-sep-2009. (Upgrade zip available)
Cycrow cheat pack updated to v1.50.
Resupply t file added.
Tweaks to FDN/SSDN/PM

v2.02 released 1-Sep-2009
FDN updated to v4.04 but using the v3 models.
Production Modules added.
Resupply Menu added.
minor changes to text for superbox version.
minor script changes.
minor ship tweaks.
Battlestar turrent problems fixed (but see the known issues post).

Removed from Beta 30-Aug-2009

v2.01 Beta release 7-Aug-2009
Fixed unable to dock issue in most starts.
Added salvage insurance to all starts.
Changed Drone ship blueprints to Drone ware blueprints.

v2.00 Beta release 5-Aug-2009
Please notify all bugs or issues in this thread.
Last edited by apricotslice on Wed, 23. Jun 10, 09:37, edited 13 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:23

Known Issues
=========

The Battlestars have several turrent problems on each ship. Until the original mod is corrected, there is nothing that can be done about this.

Galactica wont dock ships normally. At this point, I have no idea why.

The AMS Sales Centers are not selling upgrades for some unknown reason. The same things are available at one of the 3 "Superstores", each located in the same sector as the AMS stations. Get your upgrades from them.
Last edited by apricotslice on Tue, 13. Oct 09, 08:21, edited 3 times in total.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 07:32

IMO, the best solution for this would be to use Cycrow's Community Config Menu plugin and require that submissions make use of that to provide enable/disable/uninstall options. For example, in one of my scripts (Salvage Commands & NPCs) it is possible to enable/disable the commands and NPCs seperately from one-another (so if both are disabled it is like the plugin isn't even installed).

AL plugin on/off toggle is fine too. Hotkeys, OK, but they could be added/removed via Community Menu or AL toggle, which would be preferable. But I wouldn't include scripts that add a new ware 'upgrade'. You might not have to buy the ware, but you still have to see it just sat there in an ED or whatever. Sounds a bit pedantic, it might just be me, but that would be a deal breaker in my case.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 12:03

Mod: MARS drone repair

This isn't much of a mod, really.

All 3 types of fighter drone got the Repair/Mining Laser added to their cockpit lasers.
That's all.

Most ship mods already include that feature and it's easy to add to any TShips if not.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Ikari
x3tc

Post by Ikari » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 16:37

personally I would love to have all the ship mods put into one mod.
Along with
FDN and SSDN
XXL Factories and Orbital Weapon Platforms - v2.0

I would also like to see the main al plugins

Conflicts
RRF
[AL PLUGIN] Pirate Guild 3 - v1.35
Imperial Laboratories:
Improved Races r9, Updated July 20th

Something in the al plugins always locks me up I think it's RRF and the pirate guild that cause it :P

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 18:45

Mod: Ship Rebalance Mod by me (link in my sig)
pretty self explanatory... no new ships, only rebalanced stats.

it is already merged with 2 mods:
-Draffut's Bug-fix mod
-MARS drone repair mod

has also modified files to allow full compatibility to Gazz's Complex Cleaner mod.

will shortly have modified files to let all ships use the cockpits of Shawn's Improved cockpits. (when Shawn answers me with more details on that)
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 07:27

Ikari wrote:Improved Races r9, Updated July 20th
Improved races is not yet finished and still being updated quite often so I would prefer it to not be in the package at this time. While r9 is stable and works with RRF, future versions may break that compatability to have their own response fleets...I am getting tired of trying to make it compatable. I also have a different idea for response fleets which will do the same basic thing. :D

If you really want ir in the package PM me and I can provide an altered text and statistics file that will remove the beta and unavailable options of r9. This would just leave the improved Kha'ak and Xenon.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 07:42

someone else wrote:Mod: Ship Rebalance Mod by me (link in my sig)
I've been thinking about this.

I'm tempted to release 2 versions of the Merge Mod, 1 using vanilla egosoft, and the other your rebalanced version. It would be something done at the last second when the merge mod was complete. It would also depend on the rebalance being compliant with the current patch version at the time of completion. We are expecting a patch very soon, and I've heard another one is coming as well.

Cockpits is another issue again. It might be prudent to release standard and cockpit versions, depending on if the makers of the cockpit mods will colaborate.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 12:42

It would also depend on the rebalance being compliant with the current patch version at the time of completion. We are expecting a patch very soon, and I've heard another one is coming as well.
I'll do my best... :) I have L3 acces so I can use the Beta or RC updated files just in case they decide to release the Superbox BEFORE the patches...
"ehm our super mega extrabox does not contain the latest patch..." how crazy is that? all the material in it won't be compatible with the latest patched version! :lol:
(yeah, I know that doing that is "mildly" illegal but hey that will be for the SuperBox-Only-Version!)
Cockpits is another issue again.
no problem on that. it will not INCLUDE cockpits, but enhance the compatibility with Cockpit mods, fixing some entries in the Tships file that point to wrong cockpit scene file. (screwing up the cockpit mods)
If no cockpit mod is installed it will load standard Ego cockpit scene files (void scene files), so it will work perfectly without.
And I don't require any green light from anyone because I'm NOT gonna touch his mod.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 08:08

Maybe some or all of my Vanilla Malt Gamestarts could be added?

Just a thought at anyrate
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 08:10

Just looking at it now :)

Marodeur
xr

Re: [Superbox] Merge Mod Project

Post by Marodeur » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 20:51

apricotslice wrote:
Mods requiring model permissions :
Whitestar
Normandy
Thanatos
Lusca
Battlestar Galactica
Hi.

I think you should delete Battlestar Galactica, Normandy and Whitestar from that list.

As a mod from players for other players for free there may be no problem. But if you include it in the superbox and egosoft want to make money with it... well... i think ego doesnt want trouble with the owners of the copyright. ;)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:12

Copyright is an issue being followed up by Cycrow.

At this point, I am looking for content suggestions.

Besides, even if they are rejected from the superbox, a full merge mod will be released here anyway. It will simply mean 2 versions.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:33

apricotslice wrote:X2 callback will be in the Merge Mod.

I'm open to persuasion on the engine colours and trails, if you would like to bring it up in the merge mod thread. :D
Got a bit confused with all these threads on the merge mod/superbox lol.

Well its errr... cool :D It can be easily made to fit in with any other mods that you include (the final tships for example can be easily changed). And it will be included with my X2 callback mod anyway.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:45

I already have X2 callback dissassembled and ready to merge.

Whats involved with adding the engine colours and trails ?

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:47

At the moment it involves changing 1 value of each ship in tships, editing particles3 and adding 1 tex/true texture and a few dds textures.

Some of which will be in the x2 mod you have depending on what version you are using.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:54

Ah. Since I will be extracting only the X2 ships from the mod, all the vanilla ships will be unaffected.

I'm not intending to make changes to vanilla ships, as we have 2 patches still to come we know about, and there is a 50/50 chance one of them will change tships again.

If the X2 ships have them, that at least gets them into the game.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 00:57

Depends if you don't mind a change to tships that egosoft will not change.

But yes the X2 ships have them.

Edit :: later version of my Mod (and the current one) also make changes to the vanilla ship scene files. The full blown mod could be added to the superbox as a separate mod if ego want.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”