Need Help with mods guys

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

skipp
x3tc

Need Help with mods guys

Post by skipp » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 18:03

I want to play Albion Prelude with XRM.

But

Can I also install the bonus pack or is this included or just not compatible.

I also want to install MARS and CODEA but it all look so confusing is there a babystep guide that really takes you through installing these two mods to get them to work.

Also what other mods complement XRM well.

Thanks for reading and replying

Cheers

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 19:10

Howdy skipp,

don't have a step-by-step, but I'm playing XRM with CAG, CODEA and most other of Lucike's - and since MARS is compatible to CODEA, as long as you don't use it on the same carrier, things should work out.

For AP Just make sure you extract the appropriate files into the >addon< folder.

The XRM page also states which mods in general are recommended and which won't work.

skipp
x3tc

Post by skipp » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 19:29

Ok I have managed to install XRM and MARS successfully however am not sure about CODEA the download I have has the following folders.

mods, scripts, scripts.uninstall & t now I assume I just copy all of those into the addon folder except the scripts.uninstall.

I also have a CODEA libraries downloads which contains the following folders

scripts, scripts.delete, scripts.original.x3ap, scripts.original.x3tc & t.. so after installing the above CODEA folders where do I install these library folders or do I not need them. Just seems so confusing.

Also after copying the CODEA files into the addon do I need to activate them anywhere or do theu just run automatically.

Do you have a link to the other Lucike's mods and when I download them do I just copy them into the addon folder same as XRM

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 20:46

skipp wrote:Ok I have managed to install XRM and MARS successfully however am not sure about CODEA the download I have has the following folders...
Lucike gives installation instructions on his web site. You can use Google Translate to read it in English: Lucike's web site (via Google Translate)

Basically, you just drag and drop the folders from the archive into your game folder. Or, better, use the Plugin Manager to do the installations.

There is no need to activate most scripts and mods. Just install them. The only exception is mods installed into the mods folder.

See also: Installation Tips for more information.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”