difference between passive scan and deep scan ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AL'42
x3tc

difference between passive scan and deep scan ?

Post by AL'42 » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 16:40

Difference between passive scan and deep scan ?

As in excerpt below

Part 12 – Squid and Dragonfly in Perfect Harmony
So I'm initially just sat there using the freight scanner to run passive scans of the weapon load-outs of passing M4/M3's. This is fine as only a deep scan incurs a rep loss or chance to aggravate the target

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 17:05

I believe that's the fact that, once a ship pulls within a few KM, you can view weapons and shields in the info menu. Also remember you can always see the total shielding of a ship anyway. :D
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: difference between passive scan and deep scan ?

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 17:18

AL'42 wrote:This is fine as only a deep scan incurs a rep loss or chance to aggravate the target
Not if you own a Police Licence from the race that owns the sector you are scanning cargo holds.

Ships only turn hostile if they are covered Pirates.

MFG

Ketraar

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 17:21

Yes as EJ said above, passive scan happens without any Player intervention other than looking at target info if you have a freight scanner installed and are close enough. If you select the Scan Target Ship command available with a freight scanner when close enough (the active 'deep' scan which shows the cargo etc) then you need the relevant sector race Police Licence to avoid the risk of rep loss or hostility. Active scan can turn marginally hostile Pirates neutral, or reveal smugglers and concealed Pirates too. You also need a bio-scanner to see marines and named passengers though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 18:44

Not to mention the bioscanner can also let you see the marine's skill levels when you buy them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”