[SCRIPT] MK3 Trading Log (plus MK3 Technical Datasheet)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GalenEvil

Java Application Extension to the trade log

Post by GalenEvil » Wed, 22. Jun 11, 22:14

Hi I am new to these forums, though I have been playing x3tc since around last Christmas. I came across this script when I wanted to simulate a company within the game and track every trade by my various traders... but I still have found it a little limiting.
After getting into my third day of the game, I have roughly 13 mk3 traders and about 2500 entries in the log. This is where it starts to be limiting, as there is no inherent way to sort the data. And it takes a while to sift through all of the data to find what I want to look at.
So I havecome up with my own solution to my problem, a Java application! What I want it to do is sort all of the log into different categories: day, ship, and ware traded. I have it working decently for me so far with only a few errors.
At the moment ittakes around ten seconds to sort out the 2500 entries and display all data in the sorted lists.
Something I would like to know is whether, once I get the program running with full functionality and a GUI component, others would like me to modify it for distribution. The main conceivable holdback so far to this is modifying it to work with usernames, but shouldn't take much time for me to overcome.

If anyone, especially the OP, would comment on this idea I would be most appreciative.

--GalenEvil

ni0s
x3tc

Post by ni0s » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 06:03

I'm surprised no one else has posted. This looks like a great idea. While I barely have a log yet as I started a new game, I would love to use your sorting program.
Neutral Intergalactic Order — Providing a specialized agent for your universe-saving/destroying needs.

ransombot
x3tc

Chrome security

Post by ransombot » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 16:31

Chrome has some security settings that won't let this function properly however IE and FF should work fine in viewing see issues:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=39616

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=47416

They do not affect it being viewable however if you host it on a (L|W)AMP though that's another topic entirely.

Grate information and scripts though.

I'd also advise those in firefox making sure they are using the latest version since if you use help -> update it won't update major versions only minor see: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html and compare it to the help -> about version.

GalenEvil

Post by GalenEvil » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 00:50

ni0s wrote:I'm surprised no one else has posted. This looks like a great idea. While I barely have a log yet as I started a new game, I would love to use your sorting program.
Just now got around to looking at this thread again. The sorter is not quite ready for distro as I am rewriting the sorting engine and making it more user friendly and with more graphical data being displayed in graphs. Once I get an alpha stage ready for distro I will be putting up a [wip] topic for it so people can test it. Thanks for showing an interest!

--GalenEvil

Jenno
x3

Post by Jenno » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 19:43

My clear_log doesn't work and logging_off doesn't work either. Seems like the mod gave up on this thread long ago. Anyone else can help? It takes like a min to load up when i view_stats due to all those info. Perhaps I can just delete the place it's reading the info from; where is it? I am a steam account user on win7 64-bit.

Edit: Found it. The clear log path was wrong, just had to change
"%userprofile%\Eigene Dateien\Egosoft\X3TC\log01500.txt"

to

"%userprofile%\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\log01500.txt"

Chillwill
x4

Post by Chillwill » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 20:02

Great little tool. At first i had trouble getting the log to show up properly because of some error. Turns out it was cause of my naming convention. My ship names all included the " symbol. So when naming ships don't use it cause it screws with the xml causing errors. Can probably be other symbols too so straight text is probably safest if you get errors when trying to open it in browser.

Oh and yeah galen a sorting software would be awsome, it's a lot of info to go through so sorting it would be great.

Tyoi
x3tc

Post by Tyoi » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 12:52

The x2trader.xml you posted on the first page is incorrect?

For instance: The ship/pilot 'ST Mistral EE.2' has a total of 4 orange bars indicating 4 'level-up's'. All 4 are for level 20 though... with all a sum of -25.000. Why would the pilot train level 20 4 times?!

P.s.
It seems all the pilots had at least 2 or more level-up's on the same level. (most of them lvl 20)
The cake is a lie!

GalenEvil

Post by GalenEvil » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 20:15

If you set your St to a ut it will gain levels up to 25 but sts are limited to lvl 20. What it is doing is correct as far as what the logging ability of the built in logging function does, even though it looks weird. What I think causes it is the open upgrade spaces available or lack of fighter drones. Manually upgrade the St to full cargo, speed, and rudder and give it plenty of fighter drones then see if it continues to try to level up. If they do it could just be the games way of simulating competancy tests like some jobs require, such as cdl relicencing for freight truckers.

Vaso
x4

Albion Prelude

Post by Vaso » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 14:41

Hey, did anybody try to use logging for Albion Prelude? Is it working? Is there any updated version of this script?

I think the trade folder should be copied to addon folder (in Albion Prelude)? Also, I see that the original scripts/plugin.autotrade.logging.pck has got different size in compare with one in trage/logging_off folder?

Thank you.

Vaso.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 05:31

Just downloaded it and got it working. See it Still works just have to change the references from X3TC folder in the create_stats.bat to X3AP.

Tyoi
x3tc

Post by Tyoi » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 01:49

I'm not getting the log01500.txt file in X3AP.

This script did work in X3TC: it made the logfile, and i could generate the stats. However, now using X3AP: i'm not getting the logfile (i allready edited the nessacery bat files to change the directory from .../X3TC/... to .../X3AP/...)

Why isn't the log01500.txt being generated in the C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\ directory? (Windows 7)

P.s.
Loggin_on.bat has been executed, logfile is present in the scripts dir.

Edit:
Solved it. Have to learn to read a bit better:

When runnin X3:AP move the 'trader' directory to the addon folder.
Also: Change the clear_log.bat and create_stats.bat files from .../Egosoft/X3TC/... into ..../Egosoft/X3AP/...
The cake is a lie!

lildragon
x4

Post by lildragon » Mon, 7. Oct 13, 01:34

Okay after reading all the replies carefully I started out with nothing, now I am getting a log detailed in x2trader.xml in the greyed out "files" folder, however using view_stats.html I am STILL getting a blank page, however I KNOW the data is there by viewing the raw xml.... Any ideas?
(I did move trader to the addons directory and i have changed the bats to be redirected to the correct log (obviously as I have the xml data lol ))

[Edit] Okay, No more blank page after right clicking view_stats.html and clicking the unblock button (duh!) but now however it just displays the raw .xml in my Internet Explorer.... So no table the stylesheets etc aren't being used AT ALL... Is it just a case of the code needs updating? (if its a year old?)

[Edit] Sorry to all, I didn't realise this thread has been quiet for a year, but surely someone is still around?

Blitz4
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] MK3 Trading Log (plus MK3 Technical Datasheet)

Post by Blitz4 » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 08:46

Internet explorer, I forgot all about that.

Sorry to bring up bad memories for some :D

This mod is fairly well preserved. For the files that are listed outdated. archive.org does has links to download them, this does include the manual:
(right click > save link as)
https://web.archive.org/web/20140816095 ... p?t=250661

Brilliant mod. Thank you to the author.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”