[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 01:48

Oh, and one last question. Does the base Advanced Navigation Software need to be installed for the Overrides one to work? (This would also apply to jumpdrive as well I think?)
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 12:17

Sorry for the delay,

the script you need to edit is the plugin.advjump.ftl.

Then just get the distance between you and the target pos, and return [FALSE] if its too small

NZ-Jaded
x4

Post by NZ-Jaded » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 00:46

Hi,

I'm new to the X Universe, just having discovered X3 AP and loving it!!!

Wondering if this script is still around as the download link is broken and it's not listed on your website or from the available packages section of plugin manager??

I'm specifically looking for a way to use the docking computer automatically.

Many thanks for your other fine work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 09:55

i've updated the link the first post, so it should work now

darkslimus
x4

Post by darkslimus » Sun, 4. Dec 16, 01:56

Hi cycrow,

is there a way to have a compatible version for AP ? pluginmanager son't want to install it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 8. Dec 16, 10:26

i actually have a compatible version i was working on, but not got round to finalising it yet.

The should work in AP without the override scripts. So you can use it manually via the menu, but wont replace the existing move commands.

The message in the plugin manager should just be a warning, and allow you to override it

darkslimus
x4

Post by darkslimus » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 13:58

Thanks for your answer

so awaiting for your new version for AP but actually get back to TC because AP war is so borring, I prefer the HUB mission ^^

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 21:22

How complicated are the changes to the move scripts from TC to AP that need to be forward ported to the override scripts?

If it isn't anything insane, I could take a stab at making an AP compatible version of the overrides.

Also, massive props to you for still supporting your stuff 5 years after release. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 12:02

Changing the override scripts is actually pretty simple.

all they basically do is add a few lines to check and call the advnav scripts at the top of the existing ones.

so you can jsut take the AP scripts, and add the top few lines.

however i also found a few bugs and improvements which i was working on.
i could send the current versions i have so you can test them, there should be very little that needs to be done with them.

I was hoping to get them done after christmas, but my workload hasn't reduced much yet

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Tue, 7. Feb 17, 03:57

Sure, I can take a stab at updating the AP scripts using your scripts as a template.

I just gotta figure out how to figure out what files an SPK has in it; I can't seem to figure out how to do it from the plugin manager, lol

EDIT: Ah, Tools/SpkExplorer.exe

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 04:06

Ok here you go; here are the AP scripts with the navigation overrides applied to them. Please let me know if I got everything right.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80_E ... Wc2VklxOGM

I do not trust my savviness with the SPK tools to pack this back into a properly attributed and "depedency-ed" SPK like the original was, so you will have to do that yourself.

So, funny story.
I originally wanted to use a standard merging program to forward the changes, but one look at the compiled form of the scripts had me going "Nope" (and yes, that was after expanding the .pck into .xml, I am referring to the <codearray> segment at the end of the script .xml)
Thus, I did this manually with the in-game script editor, by first copying the AP scripts, renaming the scripts to a non-hidden name (both filename and the script name embedded in the XML), opening up the game, in the in-game script editor, manually adding all the lines that the TC overrides versions scripts added, saved the scripts, copied the scripts to a new folder, packed them back into .pck files, and then renamed the scripts back to their proper name.
[sarcasm]Which was not at all a tedious and time-consuming process[/sarcasm]

And after all of that, I discovered X-Studio...

Well, at least it's done now, lol

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 04:10

Sorry for double post, but I think I have an SPK version ready for download.

@Cycrow, feel free to rehost or edit how you see fit. I only ask for attribution for the porting part of the work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_Ew ... sp=sharing

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 10:28

i will update my version eventually. But for now, i will stick the link to your version in the main post

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 02:37

Last thing for now.

I made a combined package using the multi-game functionality, using your original files when installing for TC, and my new files when installing for AP.

Feel free to use it if you think it is more convenient for those still playing on TC.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80_Ew ... sp=sharing

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 17:22

Hi. I have two questions:

With regards to the blacklisted sectors, does it affect all ships or only the ones with the software upgrade installed?

Do ships running the EST commands take notice of the sector avoidance? I know the EST has options to not trade in excluded sectors but mine will still fly through them to reach their destinations.

Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 11:31

The ships need to have the software installed for it to use the altered route planning routines.

To use it with other commands/scripts you need to script replacement addon. These replace the core movement scripts to add the advanced nav routines in.

however, most of Lucike's scripts dont use the normal movement scripts, so it most likely wont work

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 14:38

Thanks.

Rotite

Post by Rotite » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 21:23

Sorry for necro, but I thought I should leave this tip here.

Figured what was causing the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM14_9 issue and how to fix it. it was bothering me like almost a decade, and even today when I finally got to restart it.
it is highly likely related to other language users who override language file via fake patch which isn't officially supported, or touched similar files for whatsoever reason is.

regardless, I'm so happy to share the solution for a long bothered issue. albeit it is quite a crude way of fix, but at least we dont have to see its ID name anymore again.

Nothing complicated but simple.
  • 1. Open 0901-L044.pck via X3 Editor 2, by "Text viewer".
  • 2. Find :

Code: Select all

<t id="11783">ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM14_9</t>
  • 3. Replace it to :

Code: Select all

<t id="11783">Advanced Navigation Software</t>
  • 4. Done, save it.
You might have to replace it everytime when you close the plugin manager due it seems to be updating related files everytime when you open and close it.

Years ago, I figured there would be a core file regard to all the EMP wares, but couldn't find it.
I didn't knew something so looked unrelated file had a relation with translation or naming of such items. probably dumb myself falling short of scripts took it so long...
Doesn't matter. fixed is fixed. I'm so glad I've found it. Would've been better if it was a decade ago though...

This method should work with Advanced Jumpdrive script too.

Have fun.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”