[TC] Hints for Hints (Treasure Hunt Riddles) (Spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 06:06

The Treasure Hunt mission, already has a spoiler map or guide map,"Look closely at the mission screen", it points to where you have to go...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 14:45

tasev1 asked
So, how did you guys figure it out???
Those who worked it out probably started off playing the (XBTF) first game in the series.

I tried working out the answers and then checked the spoiler thread to find most often I was wrong.

Not fond of riddles.

The next mission that will be patched to the game will prove interesting too,but either wait or join level three to find out what I mean.

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 17:00

cheers. i wanted one of these.

theres is a good walkthrough but hints are nice

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 04:05

No - not like that. That's where I went when I couldn't get the answer at all. My question was where is the answer found in-game (without resorting to cheat). That answer you are pointing to is assuming I am familiar with X-BTF (which I am not) - thus I think this puzzle is unsolvable. All the other puzzles I figured out on my own.
Sacha

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 17:15

If you read the whole clue you will notice that there is mention "...until you come to an End".

The word end being spelled wrong, as it starts with a capital E should have triggered your curiosity.
There are not many Sector which have an "End" in the name so its fair to say that if you would lookup positions in all of them you would have solved it too. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: Its a THINK Mission :-P

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 03:20

Are you sure you're talking about the right one? After all, there is no "End" in "Siezewell" - apparently that's the beginning. (please be more specific when referring to the puzzle's solution).

Anyway, all the others I solved fine on my own, it's just this one that I don't see the solution to.
Sacha

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 16:07

tasev1 wrote:Here's a question: If I never played any X game before X3TC, and only tried to find the answer to "...where it all began..." in-game, how would I go about that? I read all the race bios, I reviewed information on some systems, etc...I would have thought Earth - where the adventure began using AGI.

I would have never imagined Siezewell. I didn't even see a reference to that with an online search to wiki and other sites. Not even the sector description says anything of the sort.

So, how did you guys figure it out???
I played X-BTF, it starts in Seizewell, Q.E.D.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 16:33

tasev1 wrote:After all, there is no "End" in "Siezewell"
err, of course there is no End in Seizewell.. doh! but there is one in Presidents End which is where you need to go. Hence why I said there is a SECOND hint in that riddle.

MFG

Ketraar

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 22:51

ok, and........

I'm just trying to understand how you get to siezewell. The treasure hunt missions are long done for me already.

How do you find out what the answer is?

You haven't told me anything useful. PM me if you'd like to keep it a secret.
Sacha

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 23:20

Ok spending a few minutes to explain it better.

You get a riddle which says:
Once you have a firm grasp on where it all began a very, very long time ago, travel until you come to an End
S-S-S-S-E-S-W-W-N-W-N-W
Babi Bu, 26-11-49
Now you can solve it at least in two ways:
1. You know that all begun in Seizewell and then you count the W-E-S path, which indicate gate directions, until you reach Presidents End and there you look for the Data Storage Device.

2. For those who have no clue where all begun, there is a second clue embed in the riddle, which is the Word End. On observant eye would have spotted the capital E, and find it intriguing to why its spelled that way. Looking at sector names there are not many which have 'End' in its name so scouting those should have solved it too, given the more or less scouting time, but not too much as coordinates are included in the hint as well.

MFG

Ketraar

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Thu, 8. Apr 10, 04:55

Thank you, I do appreciate your time.
Sacha

Darren1987
x3tc

Post by Darren1987 » Fri, 7. May 10, 13:37

test

spidermax

Post by spidermax » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 03:43

can somebody help me with the solution for the first hint. i just dont get it !. Thanks

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 04:15

spidermax wrote:can somebody help me with the solution for the first hint. i just dont get it !. Thanks
That would be
Spoiler
Show
The Hole
if I remember it right

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 10:48

First hint is
Spoiler
Show
Ore Belt
coordinates are the date like numbers
MFG

Ketraar

spidermax

Post by spidermax » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:27

Still can solve hint 1! Is the one that goes like [ From the end of the kindom move one and five. There is a rock among many, that holds a suprise ] and the spoiler button is not working on me !?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:42

spidermax wrote:Still can solve hint 1! Is the one that goes like [ From the end of the kindom move one and five. There is a rock among many, that holds a suprise ] and the spoiler button is not working on me !?
So, what prevents you from moving 1 sector left from KE and then 5 sectors down on the universe map?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 07:57

spidermax wrote:Still can solve hint 1! Is the one that goes like [ From the end of the kindom move one and five. There is a rock among many, that holds a suprise ] and the spoiler button is not working on me !?
The spoiler markers are not buttons. If you want to see what's between them, click and drag with your mouse to highlight the text that's there.

User0128

Post by User0128 » Mon, 11. May 15, 08:32

There is no gate from Rolk's Drift to Power Circle.

That is why i got stuck on this part, i figuted i had to go to Kingdom End, move 1 sector in one direction and then 5 sectors, but there was no gates that allows me to do that.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 12. May 15, 08:01

User0128 wrote:There is no gate from Rolk's Drift to Power Circle.

That is why i got stuck on this part, i figuted i had to go to Kingdom End, move 1 sector in one direction and then 5 sectors, but there was no gates that allows me to do that.
Hi,

nobody says that you have to take a route like this. Just look where this ends up and jump directly.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”