[SCRIPT] TL/TS Storehouse v0.02 [BETA] 11/24/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

morbideth
x3tc

[SCRIPT] TL/TS Storehouse v0.02 [BETA] 11/24/08

Post by morbideth » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 10:13

Update v0.02
Now with MENUS. Thanks to LV's menu tutorial thread. :)

With the new menus there are a few new options. Also TS ships now can use Storehouse Light(tm) which includes only the Horde and Stock options.

Horde
Transfers all wares from the station to the ship every 20 seconds.

Stock
Transfers all wares that the station uses/sells from the ship to the station up to the maximum amount the station can hold, every 20 seconds.

Balanced
Is the same as v0.01, it tries to keep half stock, see below for more details.

HQ
This is a completely new mode based on some observations and assumptions. I noticed the HQ seems the need about the same ratio of components to build every type of ship. And I am assuming this is true for all ships, not just the ones I have built.

This mode finds the limiting reactant of the ship parts wares, that is the ware you would run out of first if you kept building ships until you didn't have enough resources. Then it tries to store all resources that above the ratio needed for ship construction.

The ratio it uses is:
100 Energy Cells per
3 Teladianium per
1 Cloth Rimes per
2 Rastar Oil per
4 Ore per
3 Silicon Wafers per
1 Crystals per
1 Quantum Tubes per
2 Microchips per
1 Computer Components

So if your HQ had 10 Microchips but 10k of everything else it would store all the energy cells over 500, ore over 20, rastar oil over 10, ect.

This frees the space up for other stuff and helps make sure you have room to transfer more of the stuff your short on to the factory. To save CPU load this mode only loops every 5 in-game minutes.

HQ mode requires TWO TLs docked at the HQ and working together to function.

v0.02 Script pack Download:
[ external image ]

Feedback request:
I think HQ mode needs some kind of reporting feature to let you know what ware(s) your getting low on. I am not sure how to go about this, if you have any ideas on what to include or how to deliver this report please post your opinions. Also, any general feedback on HQ mode itself.

TODO:
More customization based on Luckies scripts. Ware blacklist, max stock amounts, horde one ware and stock another, ect.
HQ mode reports.
morbideth wrote:Tired of EQ docks that don't have enough stock to equip a tricycle yet alone a fleet? Convert your TL to a storehouse with this script. All you have to do is dock a TL at your equipment dock and start this script and your TL will attempt to maintain a 50% stock level for each ware. If the EQ dock has more then 50% of an item it will store the excess in its cargo hold, less and it will transfer items from its cargo hold to the EQ dock.

The command is available in the trade menu of your TL class ships.

This is an functional, but early release. Expect many more customization options once I figure out how to use these menus.

Command slot
COMMAND_TRADE_45
t file
Last edited by morbideth on Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:55, edited 4 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 13:19

Very nice.

I think automatic scripts like this are needed. In Reunion, there was a script that did this with TS ships docked at your factories/complex. It would send things (like weapons/any ware) straight to the TS ships docked at it.

Maybe that can be one of your expansions. :)

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 14:16

It may even be possible to increase the storage of a EQ dock without the use of a script if it was explored.

Bottom of Globals.txt :

Code: Select all

// 116
SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR;0;				// Normal Docks       Storage Multiplier
SG_HUB_STORAGE_FACTOR;6;				// Terraformer Hub    Storage Multiplier
The fist line is (assumeing) normal docks maybe more then just an EQ dock. The second line is the xenon hub.

If you put energy cells in a EQ dock you will get a storage of 2500. If their in the hub you get a 30k storage limit. Now obvisoully 2500 x 6 is only 15k but thats where experimenting comes in.

But then again their will be some people that will prefer a script and some that will prefer a mod, as it may fix the core issue the script was created for.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 14:23

Interesting.

I think I'll mess with that....

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 14:39

A quick update on that possibility :

// 116 
SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR;12;            // Normal Docks       Storage Multiplier 
SG_HUB_STORAGE_FACTOR;12;            // Terraformer Hub    Storage Multiplier
www.after-domination.net/ADadmin/Ashley ... n00041.bmp

I changed both factors to 12, it increased the HUBS storage capability and an EQ dock to 60k energy cells, but both were player owned. This did not change/or effect race EQ docks. It possibly might with a game restat however.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 16:11

Nice.

So, Ashley, any word on XXL fabs? ;)

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 18:10

fud wrote:Very nice.

I think automatic scripts like this are needed. In Reunion, there was a script that did this with TS ships docked at your factories/complex. It would send things (like weapons/any ware) straight to the TS ships docked at it.

Maybe that can be one of your expansions. :)
I remember that one, was a big help for some factories, combined with the expanded complex hub that let TLs dock at hubs you could supply a dozen complexes factories with an ore belt complex, as it let you to transfer the wares both ways.

I look into doing that once I get the menus down, as a temp solution you can set the price to max and set a TS to sell for best price and that will horde the ware, for most things anyway... damn npcs love those advanced sats.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 07:21

sounds great, i love the 0.01 version....

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:17

update v0.02 now with menus and storehouse light for TS ships (just for fud :P)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:29

Anyway you could make this work on none player owned station's? so it could say buy all of a ware from a station you specify? so if you wanted say 400 computer chips it would get them and then tell you?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:49

TSM wrote:Anyway you could make this work on none player owned station's? so it could say buy all of a ware from a station you specify? so if you wanted say 400 computer chips it would get them and then tell you?
This isn't anything that checks to see what kind of station it is or who it belongs to, except for HQ mode. While untested I don't see any reason why it wouldn't do this now, it would try to buy the resources but since they are not for sale it wouldn't be able to, but if you had any of the resources that station uses it might try to sell them.

Future version will have the ability to customize only buy this ware up to this amount.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 22:51

cool I will give it ago then :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 00:29

morbideth wrote:update v0.02 now with menus and storehouse light for TS ships (just for fud :P)

Aww, I'm flattered. :P

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 01:10

Wouldn't it be easier just to increase the "size" of the dock? (In the Tfile)
(Unless you wanted to increase all of them specifically)

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 02:28

s9ilent wrote:Wouldn't it be easier just to increase the "size" of the dock? (In the Tfile)
(Unless you wanted to increase all of them specifically)
It would be easiest just to script in a zillion credits and and the ships and equipment you could ever want, but most wouldn't find the game worth playing then.

My point being its about where you draw the line between modding and cheating/ruining the experience, an entirely subjective thing.

For you editing the size of the dock may be the best way to make them more useful, but I prefer this method which cost a TL and uses up a large docking port. Not that they are mutually exclusive, some may prefer to use some combination of the two, and the script has other uses as well, even more so once there are mods to let you dock TLs at hubs and such.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 18:02

Can this script be used in AI stations to hoard items you need, like guns and such? :) Just set it to only by Phased Repeater Guns and it will buy all that is produced asap?

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 18:30

Hey,
I've tried using the HQ-mode of the script, but it doesn't seem to work. I have two Elephants docked at my HQ and I use them in the Stock command - HQ. They just suck up all of the resources in my HQ. They don't bother that I'd like to produce Centaurs and about the resources required for that production. Am I doing something wrong?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 14:36

Saint-Ashley wrote:It may even be possible to increase the storage of a EQ dock without the use of a script if it was explored.

Bottom of Globals.txt :

// 116
SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR;0;				// Normal Docks       Storage Multiplier
SG_HUB_STORAGE_FACTOR;6;				// Terraformer Hub    Storage Multiplier
The fist line is (assumeing) normal docks maybe more then just an EQ dock. The second line is the xenon hub.

If you put energy cells in a EQ dock you will get a storage of 2500. If their in the hub you get a 30k storage limit. Now obvisoully 2500 x 6 is only 15k but thats where experimenting comes in.

But then again their will be some people that will prefer a script and some that will prefer a mod, as it may fix the core issue the script was created for.
Sorry to hijack the thread,
but how can i make my EQ docks hold 60k E Cells too?
I know how to open the editor i just have no idea how to use it.
Scripts I use.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Tue, 11. May 10, 19:27

Sorry for necroing this thread, but just some info about this:

If you use this mode X3TC 2.6, in your complex, the complex will assume that the wares that are transported to your ship to be sold, and you will get credits for it.

Meaning you still got your wares and got paid for it from your own pocket, kinda like FIAT money :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”