X3:TC vs HDTV vs SLI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

keinsignal
x3tc

X3:TC vs HDTV vs SLI

Post by keinsignal » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 07:29

I'm running dual GeForce 8800 GTSs in SLI mode, and just recently added an HDTV as a second monitor, using a DVI-HDMI adapter to make the connection. When I want to play a game on the big screen, typically I just flip the display over to the HDTV using NVIDIA's control panel. This works for some games, but not X3. Instead I get a flickering windowframe and that's it.

X3 works fine if I turn off SLI and run the two monitors simultaneously on separate cards - I just tell X3 to run on the second interface, and it works - performance is pretty good too. But I'd really like to get this working with both cards firing. Any ideas what to try?

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 11:47

I take it you can't run both monitors from one card? that way you'd get the benefit of SLI and the benefit of using 2 monitors...

...other than that, I assume you are flipping screens over before starting the game?
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

keinsignal
x3tc

Post by keinsignal » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 08:04

for the love of... of all the things I tried, I didn't try plugging them both into the same video card (each card does have two interfaces). I can't run both monitors at the same time, which is normal for SLI mode, but now I can tell the NVIDIA control panel to swap the SLI interface to the HDTV, and X3, along with everything else that was broken before, works like a charm.

Thanks, and uh, never mind?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”