X-Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bludytiger

X-Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension Question

Post by bludytiger » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 02:34

Is X-Tension just Beyond the Frontier with more content, or is it like it's own game that just uses resources from BtF?

Should I be starting with BtF, or X-Tension?

Invisible Hand
x3

Post by Invisible Hand » Wed, 1. Jun 11, 09:27

X-btf was the beginning of the X-series and has a gameplay story. X-Tension picks up where X-btf left off, though it doesn't have a story to it per se. Instead, it has several different small missions you can undertake. Though there is at least one longer mission in X-Tension that might qualify as a little mini story (e.g. the Perseus Mission). Other than that, X-Tension is an extension (pun intended) of X-btf with slightly better graphics, more ships, and more tradeable products. It also sets the stage for X2's story as well as X2's gameplay.

If you want a little background story for the X games, I recommend starting with X-btf. You can then try X-Tension to see what gameplay improvements were added, though I'd skip to X2 since it incorporates all the innovations from X-Tension and then some. X2 even allows you to own and control capital battleships, something the previous games did not.

humorguy
x4

Re: X-Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension Question

Post by humorguy » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 10:25

bludytiger wrote:
Wed, 1. Jun 11, 02:34
Is X-Tension just Beyond the Frontier with more content, or is it like it's own game that just uses resources from BtF?

Should I be starting with BtF, or X-Tension?
X-Tension is the same as X-Beyond the Frontier. It just gives you better shields, weapons and fast travel when you start. It makes the game "easier" but is not different at all, like the other answer.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X-Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension Question

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 12:22

I really doubt that the OP is hanging on for an answer after 11 years.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”