[MINI-MOD] Resized Aldrin Big Rock

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 23:16

This mod seams to work great for me thanks.

Lazyhead

Post by Lazyhead » Thu, 8. Oct 09, 22:08

Hey guys,

Tried the resize mod but the asteroid is still just as HUGE! I have the latest patch.
The mod manager has successfully installed the script and it is enabled.

What am i doing wrong?

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 07:28

hi, just wondering why not remove that thing at all?

it's not like that piece of rock has anything to do with plot or whatever.

maybe just to make that planet of whatever left of it to become the standard background thingy

Lazyhead

Post by Lazyhead » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 11:06

Well, is anyone able to remove it or at least resize it? I dont think the old script is working with the new updates. Not sure why. Not working for me anyway. I like Aldrin, but that big rock is just screwing everything up.

So, anyone able to fix this?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 11:12

Just downloaded this mini mod yesterday and for me it worked. Check if you installed it the right way.

To remove the rock at all, you could unpack it from the .cat/.dat, import it in gmax, delete it, export it in gmax, repack it as .cat/.dat

Seems complicated? Instead of importing, deletion and exporting you could use a unpacked .bod or .bob file from a existing "no complex tubes" mod which is empty too. You only would have to rename it, so that it's name fits aldrin rock's name of the file.

Lazyhead

Post by Lazyhead » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 11:18

Hmm.. Weird. Mod manager says its enabled and running, but the rock is as big as ever.

As for the rest you said... no idea what that means. Ill have my PC engineer friend look at it.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 11:31

You may try the fake patch installation of the mod. As in this mod only the file for the aldrin rock got modified there should result no incompatibilities to other mods.

Lazyhead

Post by Lazyhead » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 11:41

Where would i find this fake patch?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 12:12

Download the cat/dat version of the mod and copy these two files (unpack the rar first) into your terran conflict main directory. You will find there other cat/dat's too. Look whats there highest number and rename the cat/dat of the mod to the highest found number + 1.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 15:16

Lazyhead wrote:Hmm.. Weird. Mod manager says its enabled and running, but the rock is as big as ever.

As for the rest you said... no idea what that means. Ill have my PC engineer friend look at it.
Quick question, on the X3TC initial startup Popup, the smaller square window, did you hit the "Mods" button & highlight the Mod?

Jar B
x4

Post by Jar B » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 15:14

Saetan wrote:To remove the rock at all, you could unpack it from the .cat/.dat, import it in gmax, delete it, export it in gmax, repack it as .cat/.dat
I just tried that and failed to import. I'm beeing told that there is no proper import module for asteroid_AAA_ClassMoon.bob. Can you help?

Edit: OK I get it. It needs DBOX. Now I can select .bod files. How do I get DBOX to import .bob?
Edit2: Found it. x2bc -d and -c --bob. Moon is gone now, at last!

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 22:34

Is there one that reduces its size a good deal more, perhaps even turns it into a rock/removes it completely?
Auto-crash loves that sector. Ya don't get blown up (so far) but omg it just cant get anywhere.
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 24. Nov 09, 09:20

This mod was originally one that replaced the Big Rock with a standard asteroid model. Someone Else still has that version apparently, but we don't still have Someone Else...

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 00:57

This mod is broken. I tryed to use the SPK version...dont work. Then I downloaded the zip and added it to my mods folder....it dont work. Am I doing something wrong here or what? I hate that rock and I want it gone!

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 01:13

Ratlaw wrote:This mod is broken. I tryed to use the SPK version...dont work. Then I downloaded the zip and added it to my mods folder....it dont work. Am I doing something wrong here or what? I hate that rock and I want it gone!
For the SPK version, you have to select in in the X3TC launcher. Click the Mods button, selct it, hit ok, then start the game. voila. For the raw cat/dat method, open the folder x3tc.exe is in, set the folder view to sort by name, find 1.dat, 1.cat, 2.dat, 2.cat, and so on, go to the final pair, and rename the mod cat/dat to the next sequential number. (I believe vanilla TC has 9 cat/dats, so it'd be 10.cat, and 10.dat.)

EDIT: Typo, thanks for spotting it, Saetan!
Last edited by Killa17 on Thu, 18. Mar 10, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 01:16

Killa17 wrote:[...] so it'd be 10.cat, and 11.dat.)
Correct answer would be 10.cat and 10.dat in your case. The .cat- and .dat-files of the same mod must be the same number.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 01:42

Killa17 wrote:
Ratlaw wrote:This mod is broken. I tryed to use the SPK version...dont work. Then I downloaded the zip and added it to my mods folder....it dont work. Am I doing something wrong here or what? I hate that rock and I want it gone!
For the SPK version, you have to select in in the X3TC launcher. Click the Mods button, selct it, hit ok, then start the game. voila. For the raw cat/dat method, open the folder x3tc.exe is in, set the folder view to sort by name, find 1.dat, 1.cat, 2.dat, 2.cat, and so on, go to the final pair, and rename the mod cat/dat to the next sequential number. (I believe vanilla TC has 9 cat/dats, so it'd be 10.cat, and 11.dat.)
Thank you that did the trick=)

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 03:41

Saetan wrote:
Correct answer would be 10.cat and 10.dat in your case. The .cat- and .dat-files of the same mod must be the same number.
That's what I meant, typos in instructions are a bad thing, and I just noticed that.
Ratlaw wrote:Thank you that did the trick=)
No problem, glad to help! ;)
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
[ external image ]

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Thu, 18. Mar 10, 04:36

Killa17 wrote:
Saetan wrote:
That's what I meant, typos in instructions are a bad thing, and I just noticed that.
Ratlaw wrote:Thank you that did the trick=)
No problem, glad to help! ;)
Shoot, I'm sorry man. It dident work. I found it in the SPK pacages, and I enabled it...so I thought it worked,but I went out to Aldrin and that huge mother is still there! So, thanks for trying to help me, but I think that rock is going to haunt me forever!

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 03:54

Are you sure you selected it in the Mods section of the X3TC launcher? When done via SPK, that HAS to be done.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”