Adding Kyons to Titan

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

unknown1
x4

Adding Kyons to Titan

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 25. May 09, 21:04

Hi pals...as the title says, can anyone help me in explaining me how to add kyons for example on a cap ship turrets?thx in advance

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 25. May 09, 22:17

I havent tried to edit that yet but I believe it all goes in TShips.pck which can be edited with X3 Editor by doubleshadow.

Xmod Manager will help you make new cats for a false patch to not screw the original one or you can edit directly risking braking something in the necessary existing .cat file

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. May 09, 22:27

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693]TC Tutorials[/url] should be the spot to look at first.

Catherine_Gratwick

modding ships

Post by Catherine_Gratwick » Tue, 26. May 09, 04:20

how do i change a ship's weapons? (i mean like adding a starburst shockwave cannon to a rapier and stuff)

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] No 12. Merge to another active thread on the same subject. jlehtone}

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 26. May 09, 04:37

Haven't seen a mod/script that can do that sort of thing but I don't visit the S&M forum all that often so I could be wrong. Give the Library a check.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Tue, 26. May 09, 06:16

Go look up the X3 Editor and toy around with TShips inside one of the .cat files. That'll do what you're looking for.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 26. May 09, 10:50

Um, not quite.

You would need to change the tcockpits entries the cap ship uses. But this would add them to all of that cap ship in the game, or all cap ships that use those turrents.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 26. May 09, 11:40

@unknown1: after you have extracted all the .cat in a secure location (the tutorials explain how to do that) you need to mess with TCockpit.pck using X3 editor, there are entries that are self-explanatory ("SS_COCKPIT_A_FRONT_M2" is what can be mounted on front turrets on Argon M2, your Titan.)
If you wanna go more in depth you need to watch in the TShips.pck what entry of TCockpit.pck is used by the turrets of the ships you wanna modify.

@Catherine_Gratwick: extract the .cat as tutorials say and then look into TShips.pck using X3 editor, then you can add the compatibility to what you want.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”