[MOD] Advanced Complex-Hub [2.0-beta.1]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NicolaiAliasShadow
x3ap

Post by NicolaiAliasShadow » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 20:06

vizerei wrote:I love the idea for this mod.

However, when I copy the .cat/.dat files to my directory and attempt to load a saved game I get the "Save game may be corrupt" error. When I remove your mod, my save games load fine. Any idea why this is?

I'm running this on steam so definitely the latest patch. Also running a bunch of other mods like the Terraformer Hub fix, Complex Cleaner, MARS, and maybe 1 or 2 other insignificant mods (can't remember what they were)
This should be a problem with your own pc!
I had this error sometimes in X3 Reunion with some savegames [without mods/sctripts]
Have you Install all Patches + Bonuspatches & Reinstall the Game?
Or maybe or Savegame itself is corrupt...
Braucht es wirklich einen Grund jemandem zu Helfen?
Bin ja schon gespannt was Egosoft nach der x-Reihe zu stande bringen wird.. [I Hope for good Fortune!!!]

cecil101

Post by cecil101 » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 23:56

I may be out of legue here but could it be a comatability issue with the complex cleaner and this mod?

Not too sure on the inner workings of this mod. But if it messes with Tfactories (witch I would assume it could be possible) and noticing that the complex cleaner mod states:

"Combining Mods
Complex Cleaner mods TFactories.txt
It will be incompatible to any other mod that touches TFactories.txt ....." I could see an incompatability issue...

moreover, I could also see an incompatability if the cleaner is dependant on the vanilla complex hub model witch is replaced by this mod. (Not sure if the cleaner mod would just take whatever model is avaliable and use it)

again im not very tech savvy so please take anything i say with a grain of salt. and please I want to learn so dont hesitate to tell me a thing or 2 ;)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 05:33

This mod only changes the model- and scene-file of the complex hab, therefore no incompatibility issue with the TFactories.

The corrupt savegame issue is typically, if something is missing and can't be found to be loaded but saved inside the savegame. Should not happen here, except another mod got removed by accident.

Another reason could may be, if X has problems to load docked ships on the old hub for the new hub. I could think of misplaced ships like TS moved to internal or external dockings.

Anyway, if such a corrupt savegame error occurs, I guess you saved your game while being in a sector which has at least one complex hub? Then I suggest to leave it, move to a sector without hub, save the game, install the mod, load the game, enter a sector with complex hub.
Then it should work. If not, you could try to undock any ships of a hub while being OoS and to re-dock 'ehm later.

NicolaiAliasShadow
x3ap

Post by NicolaiAliasShadow » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 17:47

Saetan wrote:This mod only changes the model- and scene-file of the complex hab, therefore no incompatibility issue with the TFactories.

The corrupt savegame issue is typically, if something is missing and can't be found to be loaded but saved inside the savegame. Should not happen here, except another mod got removed by accident.

Another reason could may be, if X has problems to load docked ships on the old hub for the new hub. I could think of misplaced ships like TS moved to internal or external dockings.

Anyway, if such a corrupt savegame error occurs, I guess you saved your game while being in a sector which has at least one complex hub? Then I suggest to leave it, move to a sector without hub, save the game, install the mod, load the game, enter a sector with complex hub.
Then it should work. If not, you could try to undock any ships of a hub while being OoS and to re-dock 'ehm later.
Blue Text:
When you say it, i remember somehing strange..
I only have corrupt Savegames, when i was in Sectors with 2-5 Complexes and other Stuff like that...
I should try, what you say.
Maybe my old savegames [2 Years Real-Playtime in X3 Reunion] is not dead. ^^

PM: Sorry for My English, but i´m not very good at this :oops:
Braucht es wirklich einen Grund jemandem zu Helfen?
Bin ja schon gespannt was Egosoft nach der x-Reihe zu stande bringen wird.. [I Hope for good Fortune!!!]

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 17:25

It's permitted to non-commercial redistribute this modification. It's also permitted to modify this modification and to non-commercially distribute that modded modification. Each under the additional terms of naming the original author and also linking to the original topic of the modification.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 03:28

Saetan

Has anybody mentioned that this enchanced complex mod can be used for other purposes?

(I looked thru the thread and didn't see any mention of what occured to me)

If it is built by itself (not connected to a factory complex)

It can be used as a Parking garage for any extra ships that are manufactured or salavage untill the player needs them.
So far I have been able to park 50 M3-M5 class Ships
10 TL (M6, M8, TM,TP) class ships..
2 Captial Class ships (M7,M1,M2 & TL)

How many ships can this thing hold??!!!

This leads me to believe that this can also be used as the poorman's Sector Security Base!

Add 2 M7s, 8 M6's(& 2 TLs for refitting missles) and 50 M3s and you have a rapid response fleet to provide
outlying player owned sectors with enough protection against most threats.
or at least give you enough time to bring the heavy fleet to protect the sector. (forget about any pirates groups)

At the price of a CCK , it's a saving on bases that cost millions of credits.

Plus you can store 2 billion credits in it.

Has anybody use this as a Parking factility or a security base?
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 19:38

Retiredman wrote:This leads me to believe that this can also be used as the poorman's Sector Security Base!
Nice idea ... I've never though of that or do even think, that should be the case. If you compare the prices of my Enhanced Equipment Docks, you can be sure I wouldn't have set so low prices for a security base ... but yes, except of the not existing cargo space of the station itself, it could be a great idea. ^^

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 20:08

Perhaps make a smaller "refueling station" version based off the complex hub with just enough cargo space for fuel and ammo?

I actually like the idea for active sector defense.. it would even mesh well with security services as a strong point.
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 20:37

Nafensoriel wrote:Perhaps make a smaller "refueling station" version based off the complex hub with just enough cargo space for fuel and ammo?
I won't ... if you want special stations for refulling and amouring, you may want to take a look at my Enhanced Equipment Docks

PS, I didn't answer the question Retiredman:

Unlimited Fighters, 20 Transporters and 2 Capitals .... that's the maximum for docking ports.

party2849
x3tc

Post by party2849 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 01:48

Hello all!

I just downloaded this and tried to use it and it is not working. I have never used any kind of modifications in the past and maybe I am just doing it wrong....

I downloaded the files (.cat/.dat) and renamed then +1 to my current (making them be 14) and added them to the game directory (I am using Steam BTW) and the game was closed durring this. I opened X3TC back up and flew to a sector and starting building, 2 XL solar plants and joined them together.... And it looks exactly the same as vanilla version. Any pointers??

party2849
x3tc

Post by party2849 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 01:48

Hello all!

I just downloaded this and tried to use it and it is not working. I have never used any kind of modifications in the past and maybe I am just doing it wrong....

I downloaded the files (.cat/.dat) and renamed then +1 to my current (making them be 14) and added them to the game directory (I am using Steam BTW) and the game was closed durring this. I opened X3TC back up and flew to a sector and starting building, 2 XL solar plants and joined them together.... And it looks exactly the same as vanilla version. Any pointers??

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 09:16

As you describe, all seems to be done right. You may try too use it as a mod-package to test, or do you mind sending me your savegame, /scripts-, /t-, /mods-directories and any used non-vanilla .cat/.dat-files to take a look at it? Best packed into a archive file like .zip, .7z or something like that.

Best regards
Saetan

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 23:09

Just did test with your files, built a new complex out of two factories and got the new complex hub. Sure you didn't get it too? Both look nearly similar, best to differ them both is the fighter bay in the middle, or to dock capital ships.

party2849
x3tc

Post by party2849 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 23:17

Got it! Yea I dont know what was going on before but I can dock there now with my TL and M7. Thanks a lot!

Brian5001
x4

Post by Brian5001 » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 20:18

Saetan, with your permission, I'd like to alter this model/scene file for use in a Supercomplex, which adds the attributes of stations in the sector, to the SC on an individual basis, while keeping the ability to toggle production for each station, after it has been merged into the SC.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:04

Saetan wrote::?

It's a normal internal dock like in X³:TC. You can also dock internally, but there is no modelled internal hangar to fly through, like in X².
I miss the old X² internal docks... Those were awesome!

But this will do for now! :D Thanks Saetan!

Any chance of doing this (adding a hanger bay) to an Equipment dock to give it fighter defense?

EDIT: Converted into a .SPK file for easy installation with Cycrow's Installer.
Advanced Complex-Hub_V2.0_B1.spk
Last edited by FalconGrey on Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:23

FalconGrey wrote:Any chance of doing this (adding a hanger bay) to an Equipment dock to give it fighter defense?
Not by me ... as I retired from active modding.

You may ask someone else ...

... or you may want to take a look onto my "enhanced Equipment Docks" Mod ... there you can buy military outpost's, which have internal docking ... and also all eEQ's have flexible storage room in different sizes.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:26

Cool and thanks for the reply. Was a thought, I looked the other docks and were just a bit more than I was hoping for. I edited my last post and converted your fake patch into a .spk file compatible to Cycrow's Installer in case you want to include the file in your front page. :) Awesome work!
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:32

FalconGrey wrote:... and converted your fake patch into a .spk file compatible to Cycrow's Installer ...
Thanks for your work, even I can't take any support or guarantee for (this) spk files I added a link to the download section of the first post.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 09:33

Awesome man BIG thanks.

Just a question, will this work with TC 3.1.1? also the link you posted is not working only the one by FalconGrey is.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”