[software] X3 Editor 2.0.23.0 [10.1.2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Thu, 14. Mar 13, 18:54

Did open with vfs. Numbers seemed to be one off from actual wares in the tships file. Will spawning them in cheat give them the installed wares? And can I include shields and transporter devices as installed wares?
What GoD taketh away, Cycrow giveth back.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 14. Mar 13, 18:57

The numbers being off by one is normal. One count is zero-based and the other is one-based. No big deal there.

Yes, cheating a ship in should have the new wares installed.

Are you *sure* that the ship does not have the wares installed? You will not see them on the cargo menu.

Transporter: Yes.

Shields, weapons, ammo, other wares: You can include them, but you will only ever get one. And they cannot be moved/traded. So better to not put them in your wareslist.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 08:08

Went back in and rebuilt warelist.pck. Found unused, better warelist. Rechose wares and launched game. All wares present in" built in components" list. However...

Shield is not installed. Just present in list
Advanced hyperdrive does not see jump drive and nav software installed.
Freight distribution network does not supply ships bc it does not see supply command software.
Any solutions?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 08:14

Those are common bugs in scripts. People use "get true amount of wares in cargo bay". They should use the command without the "true".

The solutions are to fix the scripts or remove the wares from wareslist.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 20:13

And what about the shield not being installed?

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 01:09

And let's say I want to use script editor in game to change these?
Can I save the script then?
Or will it have to be done every time?
What are the steps for this?

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:15

Thanks. Looks like a good read.
Any advice on the shields though?

And I also wanted to put some more front(main) guns on an m7 but when I click the "scene" link in the turrets tab just opens a blank tab and a message that says "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Any tricks for adding guns?
I have just updated.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:25

I dont know about sheilds put in as wares, but in scripts, you have to "install" instead of adding them. Could be the same problem. A sheild in the warelist is added to the ship, not installed on the ship.

Main guns have to be on the model to be added in the editor. You can "double" mount existing guns, but it just looks like a faster firing rate rather than extra guns.

Guns have to be included on the model to work properly and there are limits to how many guns are possible. I think its 8 front main guns, and 12 in each turret. Anything more than that and guns wont fire.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:38

Only 8 front guns for any m7? Max? Why? The venti can mount 10. I wanted 12 main guns on my griffon.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:41

You can have 12 guns in main or any turret.

Open the scene with the Text Viewer.

Follow the Ship Tricks tutorials for more info.

I told you that shields would not work correctly in my first message.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:42

Is a venti a vanilla ship ?

8 front main guns is the all ship max. You can add as many as you want, but only 8 will fire. Gun limits are hardcoded.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 07:54

Yes. I think so. It is an otas reward ship in vanilla.

Also, is the scenes file found in vfs? I can't seem to locate it.

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 08:00

Also, can you give me the steps to best simulate 12 guns using the double assign trick? This modding is taking longer than I guessed and I have already lost at least 12 hours of production time. Ha ha

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 08:04

It's not a simulation, Anuke.

Follow the Ship Tricks tutorials (in my sig). There is one for "Adding guns to a turret" -- it is exactly the same for main guns (Turret 0).

Anuke

Post by Anuke » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 08:20

I saw the video. Very cool. And thanks. But I have two final questions.
I want the guns added to the griffon which already has 4 guns. I want 8 more. What changes to the process need to be changed.
And... Will the guns be placed in cool spots? Or be placed on top of the existing guns? If they are placed on the existing slots, would it not be easier to change it in the t ships file? And if so what is the process for that?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 08:25

The tutorial does show you how to add guns in the TShips file.

You can, alternatively, add extra turrets to the scene. Most people do it with a 3D editor. Killjaeden has some tutorials in the Tutorials thread (sticky).

You *can* do it by hacking the scene file, but it will take some experimentation to get it right. There is enough information in the Ship Tricks tutorials to help you do it... but it might be the hard way.

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 16:00

As for shields in the WaresList - I find that installing and then removing 1 {1MJ Shields} will give the ship the kick it needs to wake up and use the shields in cargo.

I do this for [Astronaut] and now I have 1MJ shields when I try to repair my ship in the middle of battle.

I got drones to work!
Last edited by Phezzan on Sun, 24. Mar 13, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

drunkmonk
x4

Post by drunkmonk » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 16:19

ive changed all the missiles damage just wondering the damage hasnt changed at all tho still showing original damage values ingame

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 16:34

drunkmonk wrote:ive changed all the missiles damage just wondering the damage hasnt changed at all tho still showing original damage values ingame
Which game? If your running AP make sure you placed the TMissiles file in the /addon/types folder.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”