[Wish] Ship Mod wishes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Romanas
x4

Post by Romanas » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 21:29

Hello people -teehee, first post ever!-

It may be that I just need to lurk moar, but for a game called "X3 TERRAN Conflict" I surprisingly havn't found a single post of someone wishing for anything from Starcraft. It'd be nifty to cruise around the galaxy in a terran Behmoth-Class Battlecruiser with a wing of Wraiths at my side, or a Protoss Carrier or Scout. Hell, even the Zerg could work (if they were like Kha'ak) But I mainly think the Terran units like the Battlecruiser, Wraith, and Valkyries would be very possible.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 22:10

Romanas wrote:...But I mainly think the Terran units like the Battlecruiser, Wraith, and Valkyries would be very possible.
Well....there's nothing like doing it yourself. :)

Romanas
x4

Post by Romanas » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 22:46

Observe wrote:
Romanas wrote:...But I mainly think the Terran units like the Battlecruiser, Wraith, and Valkyries would be very possible.
Well....there's nothing like doing it yourself. :)
Well blah, lol. If I knew how, I would

iGir
x4

Post by iGir » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 13:02

Has there been a Ship MOD that looks or is like the Ishimura from the game series Dead Space?

neowraith
x3tc

deadspace

Post by neowraith » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 13:34

no not for x3tc as yet but here is a google sketchup that can be converted with some difficulty

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0
not quite an angel nor kinsman to the one that fell

kidfusion3000

You may remember...

Post by kidfusion3000 » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 01:47

I have mentioned this before. I'd really like to see PPCs in the griffon's forward turret. I was given some direction on how to do this personally and i tried and failed. I'm not that good with code.

So to anyone with the time and inclination if the griffon could be altered and shared with a false-patch I'd really appreciate it.

m249guy
x3tc

Post by m249guy » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 08:38

I'd love to see the Enterprise NX-01 in TC, although I don't really think it would fit in with the "style" of the other ships if you know what I mean. I really gotta look into how to place models in TC so I can make my own ships.

Cochran

Post by Cochran » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 15:20

Ok, so I'm not sure if anyone is still making new ships or not... I have tried but its a little bit beyond my skills at the moment.

I know there are a few Battlestar Galactica ships out there, but being a BSG fan, I figured I would post this here in case someone wanted to play around with some of these other ones listed on this page...

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/index.php

Many fighters, a few capitals, many other Battlestars, and some other support ships. There are a few small ships on there I wouldn't mind having in my game, and there should be sufficient pictures to produce a decent 3d model.

Edit: probably should have mentioned...

http://www.shipschematics.net/

has many ships from Star Trek, Babylon 5, Space Ship Yamoto, as well as BSG, so it might be a good place to start for anyone looking for ideas on more ships to add.

"3402 Schematics and Counting!"
Breaking laws and setting records since 1972

neowraith
x3tc

Post by neowraith » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 02:52

well you can try useing google sketchup its free and easy... you use the images as a template ''cutting'' the shapes you need for the ship then you add them to create the box ship
(then you end with the nightmareish bit of makeing em to a bod format)
alternatively you can use the pre madeships in sketchup as a ''kit bash'' and chip the bits you want to make your new ship this saves both time and effort creating the shapes
not quite an angel nor kinsman to the one that fell

dmjoker
x3tc

Post by dmjoker » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 22:20

Hello,

I'd like to ask you to create a giant ship - not M1/M2 but a real M0, mobile space base. I suggest to use Terran station just like this

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7978 ... olbase.jpg

one as a model, as it has 4 almost-ready dockings M1/M2/M7 + an alighting deck for smaller ships. I understand that this giant will not fit into any gates, but it is not an issue with a jump drive mod (jump to a certain point). The ship can have some ridiculous speed (10 m/s), maneuverability of a turtle and no weapons at all, but cargo bays should be enourmous - 100K-300K ST.

Ship's type should be M1 (to ensure mod compatibility). I guess it's all... I think that such a ship would be an excellent replacement to a static headquarters (expecially with a Logain Amber propaction modules..)

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 14:20

I know theres a vast selection of star wars stuff out there but theres one ship which I've loved for ages and cannot seem to find, The Modular Taskforce Cruiser:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Modular_ ... ce_Cruiser

Really long ship similar like a Terran Mobile Mining Base ship. I'd love to use one of these as a TL class vessel purely for its size and bulk. If anyone has a clue on that one I would be very happy :)

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 9. Sep 11, 11:44

Plop,

I may not be the only one who want to see some of the Escape Velocity game ships in X3.
(In particular, the Thunderforge as a M7)
Anyone interested too ?
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

LordDeimosIV
x4

Post by LordDeimosIV » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 20:41

I know there are a number of Star Trek ships but i have seen one that i think every Star Trek fan would like to see in the game. It was made by Shawn "Fuzzy Modem" Weixelman for Design The Nest Enterprise competition (1701-F) held by Cryptic for Star Trek Online. Unfortunately his Enterprise did not win (which is a real shame because i love this his ship) despite winning the official poll where player got to choose their favorite ship. I personally think that his version was the most complete and well thought out. Nothing was left to chance. You can tell by the amount of detail put into ever part of the ship that this guy understands Start Trek and ship design in general. I also like that fact that his version looks like it can take a beating (space battle) and then some and doesn't suffer from looking fragile like a lot of Star Trek ships.

High resolution pics

Here are some re-sized pics :

{Broken image links, place holders removed. - Terre}

I would love to see this ship in game. P.S the owner work is available at an online store and the 3d version for the Enterprise 1701-F is available to download for free but it was made in maya. If someone decides to use it or make this ship i would suggest asking Fuzzy Modem for permission first.

Jerry56

Post by Jerry56 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 04:07

Hi jlehtone

i had posted this before but seams to get deleted bye unknown forces dam Xnons i expect so here it is again.

Here are three sights with most of all the Sci-fi game/film the first two i've used all the ships some work some don't depend
on your installation the third i looked at but haven't gone into
using any.

1: http://www.blackpanthergroup.de/x3/XSP-Schiffe/

2: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

3: http://letreferit.narod2.ru/TC/

hope these will help

Jerry56

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 02:37

I'd like someone to convert some of expnobodys work into the game, but they are only in bod format, no scenes

123cruss85

Post by 123cruss85 » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 15:52

hi guys im only new to this modding stuff but love x3tc can any1 give me links to stargate ships that actualy work all the ones i found dont work am using the plugin manager that comes with the box set can some1 plz help have been searching for a week now with no luck
Stargate if only it was reality

CKYRules
x4

Post by CKYRules » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 02:47

Has anyone found or made the Century Class Enterprise-F??

http://www.stogeek.com/wiki/Century_class

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 16. Oct 12, 20:16

Ive got few ideas.

First one: New ship class:

M12 or X0

The ship should be available for every race.

How does it look?Max speed?Weapons?

Ship appereance and size:

The ship size is enourmous because its a hybrid of the Super Heavy Destroyer and Carrier class and ofcourse it can destroy planets (much like Death Star), the ship size and appereance should look like death star but not like it ( like a planet/moon) it should look like normal ships but extremely large, it cant pass through Gates, and it can only use the Jumpdrive to move to other sectors.
Speed:

The ship is very slow.

Ship speed depend on races:
ATF : 19 ms
Terran: 17 ms
Split : 25 ms
Argon : 16 ms
Boron : 20 ms
Teladi : 10 ms
Paranid : 15 ms
Xenon : 18 ms

Ships names:

Terran:

Terran Terra X0
ATF Ragnarok X0
Split Spinosaurus X0 or Titanis
Boron Liopleurodon X0
Teladi Quetzalcoatlus X0
Paranid AmonRa X0
Xenon X X0

THe stats will be posted later.

azdo
x3

Post by azdo » Thu, 22. Nov 12, 13:45

Mmm... I was just wondering... does anyone know if there's out there a mod adding a ship like this one?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38 ... ctuary.jpg

It's Thanos' ship, from Marvel Universe :)

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 10:14

on an absolutely frivolous note.... how about the black pearl, actually a flying galleon, sort of like a spell jammer type of thing. Possibly a whole spelljammer conversion mod. (the mental image of a galleon coming about for a broadside) with a possible configuration of dual side turrets (like 6 each). possibly a m7 or heavy m6.

edit:
What?? no comments about pirate ships??? does no one else want to enter a sector to see actual pirate ships (jolly roger and all) attacking the sector?
(even id it is just a holo-projector around the actual vessel)
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Tue, 4. Dec 12, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”