[TC] How to get the Sirokos?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kreep69
x3tc

How to get the Sirokos?

Post by kreep69 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 13:25

For X3TC 2.0 it says you can buy Sirokos from OTAS after successful employment. So I've finished Aldrin expansion missions and I'm well into being employed with OTAS but don't see Sirokos anywhere (not even flying around for NPC ships).

So where do you get this ship at, do yo have to get highest OTAS rank to get it?

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 13:28

you have to be at level 10 which i think is otas legend
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 13:36

gandy|UKCS| wrote:you have to be at level 10 which i think is otas legend
Ouch :). Thanks gandy. Okay, back to the grind then.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 16:25

I think I've seen it (missile frigate) in Legend's home, among loads of skirons (corvettes) and a Boreas...

Mh before you spend the rest of your life trying to aquire it: It can't mount Boarding Pods, so as a capping ship is useless. Otherways has the best stats of the M7M around.

good luck! :P
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 17:19

someone else wrote:Mh before you spend the rest of your life trying to aquire it: It can't mount Boarding Pods, so as a capping ship is useless. Otherways has the best stats of the M7M around.
Are you sure, can you confirm this? Acording to this it can.

And it has which best stats?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 18:34

I think the guy two posts ago messed it up. It can mount Pods but it can't board anything else, so no Flails. Which makes it useless as a missile frigate.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 18:58

Well, it can mount front guns, so you can technically kill the shields of the target the old M6 way. I will have to try that :wink:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 19:35

Two guns only, right? On an M7?

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 20:16

I don't know if those ship data are correct (I hope not) cause if they are, this ship looks rather useless.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 08:21

Well, maybe OTAS thought that since they'd built the Aquilo with no means to launch boarding pods, thus making it largely useless, they'd add another M7M that can launch pods but nothing else...so they have two largely useless ships that, together, might just about be worth any normal M7M. :-)

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 14:13

I hope the guy who designed both was fired from OTAS. :-)

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 14:22

The thing that bugs me is the Sirokos has turrets on it which won't mount anything. Egosoft, either nix the useless turrets or give 'em some guns!

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 14:35

I wouldn't call the Aquilo useless. The stats hint at it being used as a pure combat M7M supporting the Boreas. Since AI controled ships are retarded the 6GJ sheilds count for something.

Just load it up full of flails and sick it on fighters/M6s while the player flying the boreas guns down the big stuff. Another option is to keep away from the fight and use it as artillary with hammers/flails from 45km away. Again the large sheilds help it when the enemies notice it.

The other M7Ms really don't do this role as well. Paranid Ares maybe but the rest will go *poof* pretty fast if they get noticed.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 15:49

I think the guy two posts ago messed it up. It can mount Pods but it can't board anything else, so no Flails. Which makes it useless as a missile frigate.
hahahahah! True! I was thinking of the Aquilo, the best M7M around if it could use boarding pods.

The Sirokos is plain useless though, my Cobra has a turret too but no way I will use it to lower enemy's shields!
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 16:48

Yeh, one which can do a half job and the other which can do the other half, but the whole is sometimes more than the sum of it's parts.... :roll: :P
I hope the guy who designed both was fired from OTAS.
I hope they huy who designed the Boreas was promoted!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 20:19

pjknibbs wrote:Well, maybe OTAS thought that since they'd built the Aquilo with no means to launch boarding pods, thus making it largely useless, they'd add another M7M that can launch pods but nothing else...so they have two largely useless ships that, together, might just about be worth any normal M7M. :-)
Just wait until Otas rolls out their third M7M, the Macross, which won't be able to fire missiles or boarding pods, but will be able to combine with the other two in order to create the first MM7M which combines the power of all three!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 20:34

Targ Collective wrote:The thing that bugs me is the Sirokos has turrets on it which won't mount anything. Egosoft, either nix the useless turrets or give 'em some guns!
iirc, they're missile turrets like any M7M.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”