Fragmentation Bomb Launcher

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WishmasterSR

Fragmentation Bomb Launcher

Post by WishmasterSR » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:54

How do u use this weapon correctly? Whenever I fire it into a group of enemy fighters I miss terribly and the explosion ussualy hits nothing or something entirely else...
(The only way I can use it right now is with direct hits , but it is kind of useless that way and it totally wastes the ships energy...)

klingens

Post by klingens » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:56

You don't use it, cause it's useless

WishmasterSR

Post by WishmasterSR » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:00

there has to be a way... Why else would they implement it into the game (and why would it be relatively expensive?)

klingens

Post by klingens » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:08

Why would GWB invade iraq and lose? Cause when he started he didn't think he would...

FBL are useless pieces of crap as are cluster flak arrays. You're welcome to try forever to make them usable but so far no one in this forum has made them work properly. If you manage you could be famous!

WishmasterSR

Post by WishmasterSR » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:10

it would be atleast nice to know at what distance they explode... maybe with that info I can use them somehow

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:14

They explode at when they reach maximum range, I think (just under 2km).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:16

I'm afraid you would be lucky to hit a M2 with one of those, let alone any fighters. Your best bet is just to give up on them like the rest of us. :roll:

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:28

Or you could give CMod a try, it fixes the FBL so that it becomes a shotgun-like round. Short range super high damage projectile which wastes small ships in 1 or 2 rounds (if you have a battery of 8).

Megamolanius

Post by Megamolanius » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:41

klingens wrote:Why would GWB invade iraq and lose? Cause when he started he didn't think he would...

FBL are useless pieces of crap as are cluster flak arrays. You're welcome to try forever to make them usable but so far no one in this forum has made them work properly. If you manage you could be famous!
I did use them for a short period and with a little practice it is possible to time your shots. They do heap loads of damage if you get it right. Still I did gave up on them quite rapidly because they are too conditional to use.

Does this mean I'm famous now ? :D

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 15:47

If you really want an area effect fighter weapon that can kill smaller and bigger enemies with one or two shots wihtout need to aim too much...

Get PBGs!

FBLs are pointless in their current state of not exploding when enemy is near but exploding at max range. They seem to hit only when you shoot them perfectly 3km (or so) from the target. Far too much hassle.

Musicker
x3tc

Post by Musicker » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 17:50

klingens wrote: (snip)

I'm not sure how you got the impression that Cluster Flak Arrays are useless, I have them on every Capital ship I own, and they SHRED fighters in very short order. FBL I agree are not much use, but the CFAs are absolutely deadly to smaller ships.

The only thing I like better than CFAs for fighter defense is SSCs, and of course you can only mount those on Terran ships.
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:07

Musicker wrote:....
The only thing I like better than CFAs for fighter defense is SSCs, and of course you can only mount those on Terran ships.
Are you sure you're not confusing CFA's with FAA's (Flak Artillery Arrays)? FAA's do as you describe, but CFA's, at least in the past, have the same issue as FBL's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:08

with the FBL's - wouldn't it be better to just use them at the range prescribed - just hold off and let rip..

against a slow-moving target, they ought to be pretty effective..

they seem to be used in turrets by a number of NPC ships, maybe they know something we don't.. :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Musicker
x3tc

Post by Musicker » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:10

Nanook wrote:
Musicker wrote:....
Are you sure you're not confusing CFA's with FAA's (Flak Artillery Arrays)? FAA's do as you describe, but CFA's, at least in the past, have the same issue as FBL's.
:oops:
You're absolutely right sir, I'm using FAAs, not CFAs, I stand corrected!
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:12

BugMeister wrote:....
they seem to be used in turrets by a number of NPC ships, maybe they know something we don't.. :D
You mean like all those M4's that seem to mount and fire them as main guns, the ones I can totally ignore when fighting, say, a pirate patrol? I call those NERF Patrols. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 20:01

Nanook wrote:
BugMeister wrote:....
You mean like all those M4's that seem to mount and fire them as main guns, the ones I can totally ignore when fighting, say, a pirate patrol? I call those NERF Patrols. :P
Have you ever been hit by one of those FBLs? I made a point in trying to get hit to see what kind of damage they do. Well... it was impossible, I couldn't even get close to getting hit. They have to be the most useless weapon in the X universe.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”