[TC] IBL - clone or yaki rep trick

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vorlonfan

IBL - clone or yaki rep trick

Post by vorlonfan » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 03:27

Hey guys,

I have found a few ways to make the pirates my friends, but then I went back and the IBL forge was destroyed :shock:

So what is the best way to use the yaki IBLs? The yaki hate me even though I never did anything to them! :o

Alternatively... is there a way to clone the IBLs in the same way as the eEMPCs? I try not to use exploits but asides from wrecking my race rep and drop-hunting, I can't figure out a way to stock my first m7 with guns!

(Alternate-alternatively: tell me any other method for getting IBLs w/out scripting)

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 03:50

you can't clone IBLs as eq docks don't stock them normally.

The easiest way is to cap enemy cap ships and hope they come with them. Odysseuses, for instance, can come with up to 32 IBLs.

vorlonfan

Post by vorlonfan » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:05

Thanks for the reply shanrak. I hadnt noticed any EQs stocking them so that was as I feared.

So anyone know a nice way to cozy up to the yaki then? I am trying to be to avoid attacking race ships as part of my game, so I'm trying to trade with the yaki if that is possible. Any tips for befriending them?

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:16

Ocracokes Storm is a Yaki sector I think so check whether you have a pirate base in there and if so then do missions for it. That should help a lot. If not then there probably isn't an easy way of doing it.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:42

They hate practically everyone else. So if you manage to bring other ships to Yaki territory and kill them there that would help (which would be difficult if you don't want to fight against races)

Other way, that will take some time, start destroying pirate bases. Eventually one would spawn in one of the yaki sectors and then do what Al said.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:48

Even if you get the docking rights with Yaki forges, they won't sell you IBLs untill you find a way to further increase your hidden Yaki reputation. I did a lot of missions offered from the yaki stations but you have no way of telling if they are offered by yaki or just by regular pirates. I do trade a lot with them but still cannot buy those IBLs.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

vorlonfan

Post by vorlonfan » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:55

cezarip wrote:Even if you get the docking rights with Yaki forges, they won't sell you IBLs untill you find a way to further increase your hidden Yaki reputation. I did a lot of missions offered from the yaki stations but you have no way of telling if they are offered by yaki or just by regular pirates. I do trade a lot with them but still cannot buy those IBLs.
Very interesting. Well my hands are tied then, I will just HAVE to go cap-killing. And, was there every any doubt it'd be against the paranid? I mean, I'm moping around yaki space anyway.

Thanks for the help guys. For such a popular weapon, I wish it was easier to get :roll:

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 10:59

vorlonfan wrote:
Very interesting. Well my hands are tied then, I will just HAVE to go cap-killing. And, was there every any doubt it'd be against the paranid? I mean, I'm moping around yaki space anyway.

Thanks for the help guys. For such a popular weapon, I wish it was easier to get :roll:
Well, killing any race ship in Yaki space should increase your rep. I just have a problem, I barely see any non-yaki ship there (this game-start). The paranids do not move that direction this time. Too bad :((for me)!
Boarding the paranids are a way to get them. Just got 12 from a Agamemnon. :twisted:
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

Rumillion
x4

Post by Rumillion » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 12:21

In my last 2 games there was also an IBL forge in LooManckStrat's Legacy. And its a pirate station rather than yaki. So getting access to it is a bit easier.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 15:14

vorlonfan wrote:Very interesting. Well my hands are tied then, I will just HAVE to go cap-killing. And, was there every any doubt it'd be against the paranid? I mean, I'm moping around yaki space anyway.
Pirate and Yaki capitals also carry IBLs so if you don't want to wreck your race rep then you could board them.

Alternatively, buy an M7 that doesn't need IBLs like the Shrike or Thresher.
Last edited by NeverSnake on Fri, 3. Apr 09, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 15:14

cezarip wrote:untill you find a way to further increase your hidden Yaki reputation.
With the script editor enabled you can turn on "additional script info" which also displays notoriety/relations for an object, including yaki and pirate rep.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 17:50

Here is what I did to gain Yaki rep, no scripts involved:

(1) Put a Adv Nav Sat in Oracoke's Storm, and also in all Paranid sectors with a Millitary Outpost (Empire Edge, Preacher Refuge, Pontifex Seclusion)

(2) Keep an eye on Paranid Millitary outposts , looking for owned ships heading for Yaki sectors. Assign an M5 to follow the ships, and once they get into Oracoke's Storm, kill the ships. You would gain about 2K+ rep for 6-8 ship kills. The loss in Paranid rep is small (about 5-10%, assuming you are already high with the Paranid).

(3) Jump your ship into Oracoke's Storm. For each jump, there is a chance that a group of commonwealth freighters is spawned. Keep jumping from one gate to another until a convoy of freighters are spawned. Putting a NavSat in this sector also helps. Kill the convoy to earn yaki rep. you earn about 20 rep point per kill. This is also a good way to acquire freighters for your Hub mission :-)

(0) How to check your Yaki Rep: (This is what Gazz wrote above, with step-by-step details).
0.1 Save the game.
0.2 Turn on the Script Editor (Thereshallbewings)
0.3 Turn on Debugging (the 2nd debug option once the Script Editor is run)
0.4 Target a Yaki ship and read the rep against you
0.5 Restore the save game. (If you want to stay vanilla)

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 18:22

Win Yaki rep, you will want it in 2.0

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:16

LTerSlash wrote:Win Yaki rep, you will want it in 2.0
Oh great, considering I've been pissing them off to no end and since I aquired my IBL's in a different way (and they didn't cost me a dime, execpt the first three which were bought), I never really had a use for the Yaki at this time.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 02:41

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
LTerSlash wrote:Win Yaki rep, you will want it in 2.0
Oh great, considering I've been pissing them off to no end and since I aquired my IBL's in a different way (and they didn't cost me a dime, execpt the first three which were bought), I never really had a use for the Yaki at this time.
Same here, but I redeemed myself using the procedure above. I capped 4 Akumas, 2 Ryu's, and 20 Chokaros, have had a negative 6K rep point.
2 Paranid patrol kills (capped one Deimos, and killed a Heavy Nemesis convoy) plus about 5 freighter convoys later, I can land in Weaver's Tempest.

The Yaki economy is a profitable one, and a good training ground for your STs because

(1) It is safe, once you befriend the Yaki
(2) There are no competitors, because the Yaki kill every single freighters that are not their own.

Now in 2.0
Spoiler
Show
The Yaki will have their own shipyard.
Enough incentives to take the plunge?

Actually, once you befriend them, it is easier to cap their ships, because you then have a mean to remedy the rep by doing missions for the Yaki.

vorlonfan

Post by vorlonfan » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 05:27

VincentTH wrote: (0) How to check your Yaki Rep: (This is what Gazz wrote above, with step-by-step details).
0.1 Save the game.
0.2 Turn on the Script Editor (Thereshallbewings)
0.3 Turn on Debugging (the 2nd debug option once the Script Editor is run)
0.4 Target a Yaki ship and read the rep against you
0.5 Restore the save game. (If you want to stay vanilla)
Awesome step-by-step, which was preceeded by excellent advice!, but I am stuck around 0.3 or 0.4. I turned on debugging for my ship (to LOG), then I turned the second debugging (additional information) to ON. I then closed the script editor to target a yaki ship and fire up script editor again. But I cannot find which one of the scripts is listing the targeted factions reputation. "!plugin.faction.notoriety"? but thats at 10000 - too high since they hate me, right?

Sorry, I know it's probably RIGHT in front of me, but just one of those things I'd like to know how to do (for pirates too) until they implement a pirate/yaki reputation % on the main player window *cough*. :)

{I know this is getting into S&M forum stuff... I will be happy to repost this in S&M, but didnt want to spam topics everywhere just for one little, itsy-bitsy question :wink: }

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 06:09

The option you're looking for is called "Script Debugging: Additional Information". Switch that to Yes. After you've done that, once you target an object (or select it in the Sector Map sidebar) you should look at its "info" page. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the object's Info page. You'll see Argon, Boron, etc. and a bunch of numbers. What you're looking for is your player name. For example, you might see something like "Erin Lovis -12638 -1". The -12638 is your rep, and -1 means the object is hostile to you (0 would be neutral, and 1 would be friendly).

Hope that clarifies it somewhat.

vorlonfan

Post by vorlonfan » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 06:58

Painman wrote:Hope that clarifies it somewhat.
Nope, it didnt clarify it somewhat. It clarified it completely :)

saber1
x3tc

Post by saber1 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 13:43

VincentTH wrote:Here is what I did to gain Yaki rep, no scripts involved:
Maybe I will try to connect Yaki sectors to Xenon core sectors
via Hub?

scaseman
x3tc

Post by scaseman » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 00:35

I just went into Weavers Tempest. At first they would not let me dock. I left the sector. Went back later and Now I can trade with the two IBL forges. As far as I am aware I did nothing to improve my relations with the Yaki. I have filled the forges up with supplies. I now hope they will produce some more.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”