Question/Request

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

thurl05
x3

Question/Request

Post by thurl05 » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 19:59

I have recently re-loaded my X3 game after a long break and am in need of some help. I love this game but I prefer to play it with a cockpit view. My problem is that I cannot find a mod that does this written in English. I am stationed in Germany with the Army and my grasp of German is still limited. I have loaded the mod-manager and script editor. I have scripts running in game but for some reason I am just not finding what I need. I have not installed a mod in over a year so my memory on the subject is clouded at best and I cannot remember how, so any reference to a faq for that would also be greatly appreciated.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 20:06

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249168

8)

You can either follow the instructions given (which use the "False Patch" method) or you can place the .cat/.dat files into the Terran Conflict/Mods/ directory. Then you select the appropriate file using the "Mods" button in the configuration splash screen.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

thurl05
x3

Post by thurl05 » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 20:57

is the mod button in the splash screen the one that shows at startup? The choice is still greyed out for me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 21:00

It will be greyed out if you have no valid paired cat and dat files in the Mods folder.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”