Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 03:26

It's off. That is one of the first things I did when I couldn't get the complex stable. Only my own traders can add/remove intermediate products, and they are restricted to only selling when there's over 80% stock of the item in the complex. They are also set to buy any intermediate product that goes below 20%.

The only way npcs could be depleting the resources is if my sector traders were selling them off, but...there are no stations demanding Majaglit within their trading range, except maybe the trading stations, which have both low demand and prices higher than my set price in the complex.

I'll try assigning them (the STs) some place far away for a while and see what happens.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 03:29

ancienthighway wrote:Try plugging the stations you have built into the Online Complex Calculator. You should come up with roughly the same thing as Xadrian or you may find that what you built is different from what you planned. You could do the same thing in Xadrian if you prefer, a new complex with stations built rather than planned.
You've never seen me building a complex :)

I am a checklist maker; I plan them out, order the list to make it easier to build, tick off each station first when I buy it then again when I build it, and then I go through the list in the sector map before I run the Complex Cleaner, so they are triple checked.
bibo ergo sum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 04:41

That complex screen says it all, you are not producing enough by a wide margin.

You're only producing 40% of the needed Majaglit, 69% Cahoonas, 40% Nostrop, 40% Rastar Oil, 80% Soja Husk, 40% Bofu

Unless you're modded there's been a mismatch between what you've planned in Xadrian and built in the complex - do you have a screen shot of the number of stations in the complex in-game and the "Factories and Sector Settings" section of Xadrian?

You shouldn't need to overproduce food, unless you want to sell it or use it elsewhere, so long as you have a small food buffer then the production cycles won't be an issue.

You can balance a complex very well: 1 tech fab e.g. 200MJ shield needs 1/5 of the output from an L food fab, so you could have 5x 200MJ shield fabs to 1 Cahoona Bakery L so long as you have 1 Cattle Ranch L behind that. You can of course use a mix of tech fabs that use Cahoonas as a resource to make up the 5.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 07:42

From his calculated stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, suppling 1x Jewellery M, supplying 1x Adv.Sat.Fact.

From his complex consumption stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, supplying 1x Jewellery M, supplying 5x Adv.Sat.Facts.

But those 4 extra Adv.Sat.Facts wouldn't explains why he is low on all the other resources except 60 EC's/min. So there must be more stations build in the complex then calculated.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 07:55

Exactly my thought in suggesting using the OCC with stations actually built. Identifying what stations are in the complex so someone can verify what is happening is another option.

What inbound ships are there? NPCs with buy orders?

Without knowing the composition of the complex, what the orders are for supporting transports, and what the orders are regarding NPC trading and intermediate products, all anyone can do is guess at what's happening.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 1. May 15, 08:54

MarvinTheMartian wrote:That complex screen says it all, you are not producing enough by a wide margin.

You're only producing 40% of the needed Majaglit, 69% Cahoonas, 40% Nostrop, 40% Rastar Oil, 80% Soja Husk, 40% Bofu

Unless you're modded there's been a mismatch between what you've planned in Xadrian and built in the complex - do you have a screen shot of the number of stations in the complex in-game and the "Factories and Sector Settings" section of Xadrian?

You shouldn't need to overproduce food, unless you want to sell it or use it elsewhere, so long as you have a small food buffer then the production cycles won't be an issue.

You can balance a complex very well: 1 tech fab e.g. 200MJ shield needs 1/5 of the output from an L food fab, so you could have 5x 200MJ shield fabs to 1 Cahoona Bakery L so long as you have 1 Cattle Ranch L behind that. You can of course use a mix of tech fabs that use Cahoonas as a resource to make up the 5.
That is my whole point :evil:

Xadrian says my complex is self-sustaining. The in-game complex production stats say it is not. I went through the Xadrian list THREE TIMES to make sure I built EXACTLY what was planned, when I buy the station, when I build it, and before I run Complex Cleaner on the whole mess. Every intermediate product was planned to be made in surplus.
Last edited by GlassDeviant on Fri, 1. May 15, 09:05, edited 2 times in total.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 1. May 15, 08:55

Graaf wrote:From his calculated stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, suppling 1x Jewellery M, supplying 1x Adv.Sat.Fact.

From his complex consumption stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, supplying 1x Jewellery M, supplying 5x Adv.Sat.Facts.

But those 4 extra Adv.Sat.Facts wouldn't explains why he is low on all the other resources except 60 EC's/min. So there must be more stations build in the complex then calculated.
Where are you getting 5 Advanced Satellite Factories? I planned, and built, only one. In the secont screenshot, it shows only one:

FACT Advanced Satellite (1)
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 1. May 15, 09:03

ancienthighway wrote:Exactly my thought in suggesting using the OCC with stations actually built. Identifying what stations are in the complex so someone can verify what is happening is another option.

What inbound ships are there? NPCs with buy orders?

Without knowing the composition of the complex, what the orders are for supporting transports, and what the orders are regarding NPC trading and intermediate products, all anyone can do is guess at what's happening.
The composition of the complex is laid out in the second screenshot. The odd look to it (i.e.: FACT Argnu Beef (40) + (5) + (2) is due to Complex Cleaner. As for the CAG and ST activity, I have to finish reinstalling everything on my new SSD before I can poke some more at that, but I did make sure that they were set to only sell intermediate products if the stock was at very high levels, and they would buy when it got low.
bibo ergo sum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 1. May 15, 09:37

GlassDeviant wrote:
That is my whole point :evil:

Xadrian says my complex is self-sustaining. The in-game complex production stats say it is not. I went through the Xadrian list THREE TIMES to make sure I built EXACTLY what was planned, when I buy the station, when I build it, and before I run Complex Cleaner on the whole mess. Every intermediate product was planned to be made in surplus.
Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure you built the same size food factories as planned M versus L?

As I said previously, and it doesn't sound like you're in a position to right now, it would help to see the "Factories and Sector Settings" from Xadrian as I can't see what race those factories are which determines what food is produced and also the station list in-game

That in-game screen just doesn't look right, you're over producing beef but under producing meatsteaks, there's a mismatch there. I get the feeling complex cleaner might have screwed up, do you have a save before you ran that?

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 1. May 15, 18:51

GlassDeviant wrote:
Graaf wrote:From his calculated stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, suppling 1x Jewellery M, supplying 1x Adv.Sat.Fact.

Where are you getting 5 Advanced Satellite Factories? I planned, and built, only one. In the secont screenshot, it shows only one:

Yes, but I cannot see the entire list of of stations in that screenshot, yet your balance shows that you have the Majaglit-usage of 5 satellite factories (either advanced or normal).

So, you either have:
- 4 more satellite factories, not visible on that list
- you are using a L-size satellite factory you got from another mod
- a economy rebalance mod screwing things up
- a complex cleaner mod that causes some weird effect on you complex

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 1. May 15, 23:11

If all of your stations are listed in the second image, you definitely have a disconnect someplace. You have Raster Oil and Meatsheaks in your production list, but no station listed to produce them. 47 cattle ranches (argnu beef), but what size? How many large, how many medium? What race's weapon and shield forges are you using when a forge is available from multiple races? What race's tech stations? Different food requirements for each race.

So no, we don't have enough information to recreate what you have.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 2. May 15, 03:19

Graaf wrote:
GlassDeviant wrote:

Yes, but I cannot see the entire list of of stations in that screenshot, yet your balance shows that you have the Majaglit-usage of 5 satellite factories (either advanced or normal).

So, you either have:
- 4 more satellite factories, not visible on that list
- you are using a L-size satellite factory you got from another mod
- a economy rebalance mod screwing things up
- a complex cleaner mod that causes some weird effect on you complex
The production screen shot also shows 0.694 satellites per minute produced which is consistent with 5 factories (5x 8/hr) and there looks to be a lot more factories below the scroll in that list so more may be there.
I'm afraid it's looking like it's you game that's broken, not Xadrian, check the stats before you ran complex cleaner. It could also be other mods you may be running perhaps?

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 22:21

I hope somebody is still around here..

Tried to modify the xml data, but the custom messages.properties seems to be ignored.

Code: Select all

../lib/data
   games.xml
   messages.properties 
 ../lib/data/x3ap
   factories.xml
Even though a newly added factory shows up in the tool, changes to message.properties have no effect. Also moved the messages file into the game subdir, still nothing. Any help?

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 23:11

I don't know anything about the XML data sorry but you've reminded me to ask about something else.

I'm getting errors with the UI since rebuilding my rig (Win 7) and also on a new laptop (Win8.1) with v1.5.1 installed using the install package

Code: Select all

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
My Java skills aren't the best but it sounds like there's an invalid pointer to an array related to the UI - only happens after a few minutes and can be triggered by clicking on the UI and repeated by simply moving the mouse over the Xadrian window.

Only thing that's changed, as it's been working fine for years, is the version of Java. I understand Xadrian was built against JRE v6 so perhaps JRE 7 and 8 handle declarations differently or JRE6 was just more tolerant of a bug previously.

Is anyone else having this issue and found a workaround? I've been considering installing JRE6 from the archives in the hope that upgrading JRE to 8 afterwards will resolve this but that's rather a lot of effort

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 00:24

I've used Java 8.40 without any errors on Win7, Win8.1 and Win10. As you recently rebuilt your rig, verify that both Java and Xadrian haven't become corrupt, most likely by reinstalling them.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 00:36

Is that Java 8.4 upgraded from 6 or from JRE7+?

I ask as I didn't have problems before running JRE 7 or 8 when it had been upgraded from 6 - or perhaps I just think that was the case, I never looked that closely before but I was updating JRE when prompted and didn't get this error.

If it was just one machine then I'd think it was a config issue locally but on a new OS install on two machines? I re-downloaded Xadrian and have tried letting Xadrian installer do the JRE download as well as downloading direct from Oracle.

Will take another look at it later and try different versions of each, just curios if anyone else has had this error.

Cheers
Marv

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 00:44

It shouldn't matter what the previous version was, although if you've been automatically accepting the upgrades, you should have had Java 7. Unless Oracle has specifically identified functionality that isn't brought forward to newer versions, everything in Java that worked before should still work. The code you posted is common to core usage, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't deprecated.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 01:51

Got the same error - after updating jre today.

edit: Happens mostly when pressing the up/down for factory counts, but sometimes it also seems random

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 06:13

I've raised an issue in Github so fingers crossed this is picked up. Otherwise I'll have to look for an IDE and learn a bit of Java ;)

EDIT: Klaus responded to the Github issue and discovered it was a Java bug, updating JRE to at least 8u51 will fix this - thanks Klaus!

dipac001
x4

Problem with custom sector

Post by dipac001 » Wed, 8. Jun 16, 07:27

I am trying to use Xadrian but I'm building my complex into a custom sector that was added with a mod. Is there a way to add the sector statistics into Xadrian? By that I mean suns and asteroids.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”