Any AI scripts for "hold fire", evasive maneuvers or tactical retreat?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzysoul

Any AI scripts for "hold fire", evasive maneuvers or tactical retreat?

Post by dizzysoul » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 12:13

Hello. Ever since I started playing X3, I've had a very big problem with my ships refusing to obey navigation commands while being attacked. The problem is that every time my ship is attacked, the AI resets and commands my ship to return fire.

This is very bad when you want the ship to retreat, or when the enemy ship is actually *not* an enemy, but is somehow bugged and returning fire will start a diplomatic incident.

Pretty much every RTS and Simulator game for the past decade has had a "hold fire" command, yet for some reason I don't see one in this game.

Also, I think it would be an amazing addition to have a script that makes AI ships use evasive maneuvers or a tactical retreat. It's very silly that enemy ship do not adapt to being shot or taking damage, instead flying in predictable orbits until they explode or bail.

I have looked for similar scripts to no avail, so I thought I'd ask the community. I'm currently playing X3:AP 2.0 with XRM installed.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 12:41

[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Turret On/Off Hotkey

Like the title gives away, its included in the BonusPack. Means signed thus no modified tag.

MFG

Ketraar

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 13:54

There is a retreat command in the vanilla game.

But it's only accessible through a ship's individual command console; you can't issue the order to an entire wing.

It requires Fight Command Software 1 and 2, IIRC.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

dizzysoul

Post by dizzysoul » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 02:16

Ketraar wrote:[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Turret On/Off Hotkey

Like the title gives away, its included in the BonusPack. Means signed thus no modified tag.

MFG

Ketraar
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm looking for a "hold Fire" command for AI controlled ships, not the turrets on my own personal ship.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 02:18

There's an old mod for Reunion that featured a hold fire function for specially designated wingmen. It did a whole lot of other things too, but it just means a hold fire function is possible to create through scripting.

No one's done it for TC or AP, though.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

dizzysoul

Post by dizzysoul » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 02:20

KloHunt3r wrote:There is a retreat command in the vanilla game.

But it's only accessible through a ship's individual command console; you can't issue the order to an entire wing.

It requires Fight Command Software 1 and 2, IIRC.
I've seen that command, but it's a manual command and it doesn't prevent my pilots from re-aggression. It's also a real pain to use on fighters in the wing, because it doubles the amount of menus you have to go through.

I was looking for a script that improves the combat AI overall, allowing ships to use evasive maneuvers and tactical retreats on their own judgement. Many games have this, and it seems silly that X3 does not.

dizzysoul

Post by dizzysoul » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 02:22

KloHunt3r wrote:There's an old mod for Reunion that featured a hold fire function for specially designated wingmen. It did a whole lot of other things too, but it just means a hold fire function is possible to create through scripting.

No one's done it for TC or AP, though.
Do you know the name of the script? I am very interested, thanks!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 02:23

Fight Command Software Mk3

As I said, it's a script for X3 Reunion and does not function in Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”