[Script][Mar/17/2009] Transfer Freight via Drones - working
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jaga_Telesin

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 7. Jul 12, 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mirror host now up on Unleashed's website: download link

Playbahnosh

PostPosted: Sat, 28. Jul 12, 20:09    Post subject: Pick this up please? Reply with quote Print

Jaga_Telesin wrote:
Mirror host now up on Unleashed's website: download link

You just saved my life (well, sanity anyway). Thanks, man. I've been using this script in TC all the time with my Griffon and bigger ships. I got so used to it, that I was seriously miffed when I wanted to trade with my M7 in AP and the command just wasn't there... Shocked

How is this not in vanilla anyway? Confused I mean freight drones are canon and you can already transfer stuff to and from your OWN stations (it was vanilla in TC), it goes without saying you should be able to use drones to trade. It makes life in an M7 and above MUCH easier. Since you still can't dock TS class ships in capitals, drones are the ONLY way of M7 and above to be flying solo. I use to go explore sectors in my Griffon, but since you can't even resupply e-cells without having another of your ships around, it's practically impossible without this script to go on deep-space exploration far from your infrastructure.

To any modders out there:
It seems the original author abandoned this script a long time ago. Someone should pick this up and put the finishing touches on it, like a cargo volume check and a warning not to jump if you have drones lose in the sector (it kills your game if you do). Please?

Playbahnosh

PostPosted: Thu, 2. Aug 12, 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

(sorry for the double post, but I thought this needed it's own post)
Okay, since nobody even bothered to chime in here, I think I assume correctly that this script is officially abandoned.

With that in mind, I'd like to pick up where Tim-o has left off and continue developing and debugging this script and more functionality. I PM-ed Tim-o to ask for permission.

Failing that, I ask the mods to give the final say on the abandonment on this script. I don't want to take it as my own, but I'd like use it, or rather parts of it, to develop my own version with many added functionality.

Agreed?

Edit: okay then, since nobody bothered to say anything for 3 days, I take that as a yes. I'll submit my own rework of the script soon. Thanks....I guess

JACN85

PostPosted: Thu, 9. Aug 12, 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Playbahnosh wrote:
(sorry for the double post, but I thought this needed it's own post)
Okay, since nobody even bothered to chime in here, I think I assume correctly that this script is officially abandoned.

With that in mind, I'd like to pick up where Tim-o has left off and continue developing and debugging this script and more functionality. I PM-ed Tim-o to ask for permission.

Failing that, I ask the mods to give the final say on the abandonment on this script. I don't want to take it as my own, but I'd like use it, or rather parts of it, to develop my own version with many added functionality.

Agreed?

Edit: okay then, since nobody bothered to say anything for 3 days, I take that as a yes. I'll submit my own rework of the script soon. Thanks....I guess

Would be nice, but from what I can see it works perfectly fine now for "Buying" goods from a station using your TL and Drones.

That's the primary reason I downloaded it anyways.

Playbahnosh

PostPosted: Fri, 10. Aug 12, 01:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sure, it does work, but has some flaws, like freezing the game if you jump outta sector while the drones are still out, things like that.

Also, I'm planning to add more functionality to make Freight Drones useful, like the ability to collect dropped stuff from space and a really ambitious one: the ability to ferry wares between stations without the need for TS ships.

I have no ETA at this time, but I will create another thread once I do.

Killa17

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Aug 12, 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Playbahnosh wrote:
Sure, it does work, but has some flaws, like freezing the game if you jump outta sector while the drones are still out, things like that.

Also, I'm planning to add more functionality to make Freight Drones useful, like the ability to collect dropped stuff from space and a really ambitious one: the ability to ferry wares between stations without the need for TS ships.

I have no ETA at this time, but I will create another thread once I do.

Could you post a link in this thread once completed? Looking forward to usable freight drones. Thumb up

Tim-O

PostPosted: Sun, 9. Dec 12, 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I've discontinued the development of this script, but I've uploaded it to GitHub to make it easier for others to continue working on it. You can find the GitHub project here: https://github.com/merlinthered/plugin.freight.drone.transfer

DrBullwinkle

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Dec 13, 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have always liked this script.

Since Tim-O was kind enough to open-source this, here is my Version 08. I made the script a bit more reliable:

- Increased the speed of the drones (so that they have a chance of catching up to the player ship if it is moving).

- Increased the range of the docking computers so that they will dock more reliably with large stations.

Freight Drone Transfer v08

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus

Bullwinkle's List | Marine Repairs and Training | Mobile Mining Mk2 | Drone Carrier Software 2 (DCS2) | Ship Tricks: Mini-Guides (with Video)
MrKincaid

PostPosted: Wed, 6. Sep 17, 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

DrBullwinkles link is outdated again. And I guess Playbahnosh never really started with his version? Or did he just not post a link to it here?

Anyways, is there a working script that lets freight drones buy wares from NPC stations and bring them to a TL?