[SCRIPT] Dedicated Assistant Drones (DAD) V4.7 [03.05.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 12:14

Deploy Hacking Drone

All Drones: [ external image ]

"With some back handers and dodgy dealing Dukes has managed to modify the Drones tech for use."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

With any ship equipped with:

System Override Software
Special Command Software

and has the following wares:

Hacking Drone

OR

Custom process:
Recon Drone
Tractor beam
Hacking chip
Cargo Bay Shielding

(Average cost = 810,116 cr and cargo 54)

The ship can launch a retro fitted drone that will fly to a chosen sector and then move to within 3km of its target station. There it will attempt to interface with the station computers to change the relations you have with it to neutral. Note due to version control and security procedures in the hacking chips there is a 5% chance that the station will have upgraded its security protocols and the hack attempt will fail as a result.

To order a ship that is equipped to do so simply go to the command console of the ship as normal, select special, then you will see a new menu called Special Drones then select "Deploy Hacking drone.". Its a fairly intuitive process after that. Select hostile station.

Hacking drones are secretive by default in getting to their destination. As a result all communications are lost and no details are recieved from its gravidar scanner to prevent possible detection.

(Possible Dukes Lore/History/flavouring to follow)
Last edited by pelador on Sun, 12. Apr 09, 07:02, edited 3 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 12:16

V3.3 upgrade now available.

Hacking Drones implemented, details above.

Improvements to the interface, will now show an information box above the drone selection with a summary of resource requirements for the drones as a guide.

LordArconius
x3

Post by LordArconius » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 21:21

I could use a little help here. I cant find the Promotional Plates. Unless I missed it, I see nothing on where to buy. Please help. Thx
Last edited by LordArconius on Sat, 7. Mar 09, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 21:29

i wasn't downloading this. i wasn't. but it's steadily creeping closer and closer to essential.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 00:02

LordArconius wrote:I could use a little help here. I cant find the Promotional Plates. Unless I missed it, I see nothing on where to buy. Please help. Thx
Some of the items used by the Drones are atmospheric items.

Promotional plates can sometimes be found from casualties you encounter amongst the NPC ships.

Likewise things like Cartography chips and Hacking chips only become available to you if you "obtain" them from delivery missions or again become lucky with NPC ships.

As such they act to some extent as an extra control from overuse and add an extra dimension to gameplay.

Cargo bay shielding is again an elusive item but i intend to add some small measure to manufacture these in the near future.

I'am interested in personal experience of these "hard to find" game items where it is possible to suitably adjust resource requirements to rewards.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 03:52

V3.4 Now includes the ability to manufacture Cargo Bay shielding:

Engineer Cargo Bay Shielding (CBS)

With any ship fitted with:

Navigation Command Software MKI
Special Command Software

Wares required:

Teladianium x 10
Computer Components x 5
Crystals x 2
Nividium x 1

This makes a batch of 10 CBS. (Average resource cost = 27,796 cr so a unit cost of 2,780 cr. (168 cr Profit or 6% per unit).

The process is exactly the same as engineering an analysis drone or an advanced data device.

Due to manufacturing processes in fractional composition of minerals CBS is traditionally made in batches. The process still takes some time as configuring the active surfaces takes some time to calibrate and ensure a correct matrix for use.

(Subject to change. See here.)
Last edited by pelador on Sat, 21. Mar 09, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 05:17

Deploy Turret Drone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview:

Explorer Command Software
Special Command Software

Turret Drone

OR

Custom process:
Recon Drone
Lasertower x 6
Computer component

Cargo Bay Shielding (Required for MKII)

The ship can launch a drone that will fly to a chosen sector position and then on reaching its destination will deploy its cargo of 6 lasertowers in a 3d Cross (+) orientation a distance of 1km from the drone. It uses the computer component to convert into an Advanced Satallite to provide the strategic feedback of this defensive placement at the centre of the towers.

To order a ship that is equipped to do so simply go to the command console of the ship as normal, select special, then you will see a new menu called Special Drones then select "Deploy Turret drone.". Its a fairly intuitive process after that. Select sector and position. Then select wether to launch a MKI or MKII Turret drone.

MKII Turret drones are a little bit more secretive in getting to their destination. As a result all communications are lost and no details are recieved from its gravidar scanner to prevent possible detection. MKII Turret drones need 1 unit of Cargo bay shielding to be applied to the drone.

(Possible Lore/History/flavouring to follow)
Last edited by pelador on Sun, 12. Apr 09, 07:03, edited 2 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 05:19

V3.5 Now includes the Turret drone. Details above.

(Some minor improvements to Engineering code.)

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 11. Mar 09, 06:10

Apologies, noticed I put the zip link on V3.5 spk file icon, now corrected.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 11. Mar 09, 15:09

Deploy Blitz Drone

"The Split have stolen the tech and engineered a partuclar violent use for their needs!"

Overview:

Fight Command Software MKII
Special Command Software

and has the following equipment:

Blitz Drone
Sidearms
(Optional)

With the above requirements met the command "Deploy Blitz Drone" can be used to initiate the attack, select target ship, then force multiplier type (N, L, D or T).

A Blitz drone is a marauding drone that approaches a target ship closing to a range of 3km, once there it teleports it cargo of 5 Attack Droids accross to engage enemy defences. In order to do so the target ships shields need to be at or below 10%.

The attack bots can be given optional force multiplier sidearms to help them, you need 1 unit of the applicable sidearm to transfer to the drone. The options are in order of effectiveness (low to high):

N - None
L - Low yield Sidearms
D - Disruptor Rifles
T - Terran EMP rifles

The more damaging sidearms however can result in more damage to the target ship. This is negligable to large ships but against smaller ships can have a significant impact.

Attack Droids are suicidal in nature, they will attack in such a way using their built warheads to detonate at the defensive obstacle (sentry or marine) to help ensure effectiveness. There is damage to the target ship as a result. They have a tendency (only slight) to attack sentries over marines.

It is worth pointing out the obvious that they make no attempt to gain control of the ship, they are purely a pre-inspection force to help soften defences before normal boarding operations with marines. Effectiveness depends on the defences of the target ship naturally and they have limited kills potential due to numbers and suicidal tendencies.

Due to the complexity of carrying out orders, the ship that launched the Blitz drone maintains communication with the attack droids and therefore must be kept safe until the attack is completed. A loss of the command ship will halt the attack.

Blitz Drones are camouflaged by default to arrive secretly at their destination. Remember to ensure the shields are at or below the 10% threshold for boarding to commence. The Blitz drone will make 10 attempts to board based on shields with approximatley 30s to 60s delay between them. If the number of attempts exceeds 10 it will attempt to return to the command ship it was launched from and dock. You will then have to issue a new deployment. It will also abort and return if the target ship is destroyed before boarding can commence.

Tip: remember to scan a ship for defences before deployment as the Drone does not check for defences being absent.

Blitz drones and their Attack Droids have to be engineered from various tech, see below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engineer Blitz Drone

With any ship fitted with:

Navigation Command Software MKI
Special Command Software

Recon Drone x 1
Cleaning Robot x 5
Weapon Interface chips x 5
Fighter Drone x5
Warheads x 5
Cargo Bay Shielding x 1
Transporter Device

Other associated requirements:

A ship to build it on preferably with marines who have good engineering

On a ship with the above requirements you can order (Special Drones Interface in special commands) part of the crew and any marines on board to begin canabalising the above wares to retro-fit a Blitz Drone. The larger the ship the more crew can get involved, in order of involvement from crew, with highest first: (TL, M1, M2, M7, TM then others). And the more marines the better. The engineering skill of marines has a direct correlation to how effective their contribution is.

During the build cycle you will notice the ships shield will suddenly deplete. Don't worry this is only the constructors using energy from the shield generators to supply work equipment, and the impact will reduce over time. They recharge still during these periodic energy transfers but the amount the shields reduce to can be a useful indicator as to the progress of the engineering.

The engineering process can be lengthy dependant on type of ship and number of marines (and their skill) on board. Note, if you remove marines during build process this will impact the rate at which the engineering progresses. Also docking at stations will reduce engineering production as the shields cannot recharge without drawing energy from the station which isn't viewed favourably.

The engineering process also produces "waste" as a result of all the left over parts from the canabalisation process which will be deposited into the ships cargo hold.

The resulting Blitz drone is installed as a ship system due to its complexity, as a result a ship can only have 1 fitted at a time. It is a fast drone containing 5 Attack droids ready for deployment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Possible Split Lore/History/flavouring to follow)
Last edited by pelador on Sun, 12. Apr 09, 07:03, edited 2 times in total.

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 18:58

hey nice mod, I'm thinking of downloading it but is there a list of all drohns and there requierments and what you can built in the engniering bay(do you call it like this)? And what i don't get is how to get the advanced data deveices, I know hacker und catograph chips but not the ADD.
raiman

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 19:38

raiman wrote:hey nice mod, I'm thinking of downloading it but is there a list of all drohns and there requierments and what you can built in the engniering bay(do you call it like this)? And what i don't get is how to get the advanced data deveices, I know hacker und catograph chips but not the ADD.
raiman
Details of all the drones can be found in this thread, you'll just need to read through. There are convenient jumps from the main first post on page 1 to help you navigate all the drones details if it helps.

(Advanced Data Device can be found in the Analysis Drone details.)

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 08:11

ok see the links
thanks for the ADD location
I'm looking forward for the next drones
raimam

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 16:27

Anyone have any preferences of what they would like to see next. I'm struggling to decide which one of my current outstanding ideas (found in first post entry) to implement next.

Current thoughts are Repair, Collection or Equipment Drones. But if anyone has a desire for one then it helps me focus?

Of course if you have your own ideas for Drones useage I'm "all ears" for sensible suggestions.

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 17:33

Maby assassination drone.The basic is when you have a mision to kill somebody you send a drone to do the job.What I meant is when the drone is near the target ship it activite some special hacking program that corrupt the life support sistems and force the pilot to eject and then the drone kill the pilot.What do you think?
I can only say that your work with the drones fuctions is outstanding and that you have done a great work :D BRAVO peladore

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 17:59

Idea wrote:Maby assassination drone.The basic is when you have a mision to kill somebody you send a drone to do the job.What I meant is when the drone is near the target ship it activite some special hacking program that corrupt the life support sistems and force the pilot to eject and then the drone kill the pilot.What do you think?
I can only say that your work with the drones fuctions is outstanding and that you have done a great work :D BRAVO peladore
So pretty much like a ship bailing script for Drones? I imagine it would have to be limited to M3+ and smaller craft for balance reasons and the fact that they are identified as single occupancy vessels. Given the relative speeds of the Drones it would need some appropriate balancing of the mechanism of the "kill" process, rep loss will work and especially if used against neutral targets. MKII camouflaged could be possible but my view here is that the target might not live long enough in most situations for capture to be possible (though if used tactically in Enemy sectors?).

Due to speeds it would need to be a fast drone which is limited to 25XL cargo. But I'm thinking at this stage it might be sensible to use this with a cargo of Mass drivers and ammunition to attempt the "sniper" shot as it needs to subvertantly get a kill shot in without effecting shields or rasing awareness.

I suppose it could be % chance of kill leaving a derelict craft, and on failure raising hostilities.

1 Mass drivers and Ammunition is 2 cargo and an avergae cost of 117,536 so given the average cost of an M3 is about 3 Mil credits based on including M3+ and relative numbers (finger in the air situation) excluding equipment.

12 MD's + ammo is approx 1.4 mil. So you could say each equipped MD to a maximum of 12 would give an additional 5% chance of getting a kill in to a maximum potential of 60%.

How does that sound for an Assassination Drone?

(The percentage per MD set could be reduced if you want to factor in equipment or make it more difficult)

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 18:28

It sounds like a beautiful song for my ears. :D
Yes M3+ and smaller target is fair balance.In case of failure the notority should be affected, in case of success the notority should not be affected as assassination are how to say, secret and unknown :)
The use mass driver is a good idea and probably the best but I consider that assassination is success when you left no proof that meens no body :D (evaporate the body with laser).But from the point of need not to rais alarm the mass driver is beter.
The MD percentage is fair for me but it is good to see what others have to say.

raiman
x3ap

Post by raiman » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 22:20

the repair drone would be also good especialy for carriers like a mobil outside repairbay( like the marien repair mod), they should be small only armed with a repairlaser, fast but easy to kill WHEN you got a hit on them.
the assassination drone sound nice :twisted:
how about small anti missle drones, which, when launched, can draw the attention of torpedos away from capital ships(only on M1, M2 or TL).

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 22:34

raiman wrote:
the repair drone would be also good especialy for carriers like a mobil outside repairbay( like the marien repair mod), they should be small only armed with a repairlaser, fast but easy to kill WHEN you got a hit on them.
the assassination drone sound nice Twisted Evil
how about small anti missle drones, which, when launched, can draw the attention of torpedos away from capital ships(only on M1, M2 or TL).
The marines allready have the function to repair the ship hull and shield and they can not be distrected in there work like the repair drones.That makes the marine the perfect repair tool.
The MARS is more than capable to deal with any kind of missile threat, so the antimissile drones are unnecessary

@peladore what are your thoughts about the raiman sugestions?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 23:08

I have a mind to include some of the outstanding drone ideas at some point.

Repairs drones will likley use Teladianium as a balancing resource, I'll likely try and make it as automated as possible with deployed multiple drones useage for large vessels. But Marine repairs and MARS Goblins both have techniques others seem to use presently.

Missile defence drones again have MARS Goblin defence and Medusa Missile ECM system. And Gazz's improvements to missile defence turret scripts of course.

As other script processes currently have these features it makes them less of a priority to implement but I will hopefully get around to them. I have given some brief summaries in the first post of the thread as to how I view the current ideas, the list order is in no priority. So therefore its very useful feedback to know which drones people would like to see in use.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”