A question about ION DISRUPTORS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mustikos
x3tc

A question about ION DISRUPTORS

Post by Mustikos » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 00:40

Is one ION DISRUPTOR sufficient? I guess the more, the faster; is that correct? For folks that don't know, the ID damages shields and onboard systems but leaves the hull mostly intact. If you want to capture a ship, use the ID to disable the ship's systems so a boarding party won't be(hopefully) so likely to get shot down and with less hull damage, it won't take as long or cost as much to repair. ION DISRUPTOR MISSLES work the same as well, from my understanding.

I noticed if I enable one and shoot, viewing from a distance, the ID shoots out and around like an electrical charge, but if I enable two and fire, there are no lightning effects, they seem to cancel each other out. Does the ID target a ship in close range, one that isn't targeted? They don't seem to cancel each other out when shooting a targeted ship. I wanted to see what it looked like from a distance.

I was thinking of making diagrams to show which laser mounts are located where on ships. Has anyone seen this done already? Is there a specific pattern at which they all are grouped for all ships?

Of course if the target is a bit far away, with HEPTs on each side of the wing, opposite each other, firing away, will spread out the impact area, I figure. Installing each side of the ship to have the same weapon. I like the way it looks when firing too / balances it out.
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 00:49

Disruptor missiles still seem to do a good bit of hull damage actually.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 01:17

Yep, you really only need one ION-D, more just zaps them harder.

Mustikos
x3tc

Post by Mustikos » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 03:13

kooool, thanks for your input! Now I can disperse the array of ION-Disruptors I purchased or have obtained otherwise.

Is there a way to select which weapons a remote ship uses, other then outfitting only the ones you want to use and how effective would it be to have 4 ships, all with IDs equipped, attacking a FOE, versus just one of them? I speculate, not much more effective, but then I'm not sure, haven't "trial-and-error'd it out" ..
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”