[TC] Remote guided warhead

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinceya23
x4

Remote guided warhead

Post by Quinceya23 » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 14:08

How do you control the warhead once it's been launched?
I have tried to lock on to it but unlike other missiles you cannot select it once it's flying.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 14:22

Nar there no differant to any other missile but they do pack a punch if they hit home distroyed many a Khaak cluster with one of these.
Think there may have been plans for it but seems it never come to anything just use it as any other missile fire and forget. :wink:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 14:31

It's another one of those items that their actual usage varies from what's on the tin.

IE: disruptor missile.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 16:15

No need to select it.

Just go to game options and for your desired monitor (left or right) select Auto Missile.

It will now display the last missile launched. Including RGWs.

Launch the an RGW and then click on the monitor. I believe you should have control now.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 16:49

Luke Skyscraper wrote:No need to select it.

Just go to game options and for your desired monitor (left or right) select Auto Missile.

It will now display the last missile launched. Including RGWs.

Launch the an RGW and then click on the monitor. I believe you should have control now.
No you don't, it's just a fancy name for a regular, yet powerful, missile.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:55

I'm sure I remember piloting one in X3R and thinking that it wasn't actually that useful because you lose control of your own ship. Must admit I've not tried it in TC but I shall.

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 21:19

:o is this true? i should check myself but...

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 21:32

he's quite right. doesn't work in tc. just reinslalling x3r to try it there

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 22:21

Another feature of the RGW is that it won't lock onto blue targets, only red. If you do target a blue ship/station and press 'fire', the RGW will launch, but then autotarget the nearest enemy. Not sure how to use this to my advantage yet, but I'm sure there's some way. :mrgreen:

And btw, RGW's don't exist in Reunion. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 00:16

Nanook wrote:Another feature of the RGW is that it won't lock onto blue targets, only red. If you do target a blue ship/station and press 'fire', the RGW will launch, but then autotarget the nearest enemy. Not sure how to use this to my advantage yet, but I'm sure there's some way. :mrgreen:

And btw, RGW's don't exist in Reunion. :P
Shame that doesn't work both ways. Captured a carrack once only for it to blow up for no reason an instant later. Reload showed a terracorp nova fired a RGW at the carrack before my marines took over, and the thing carried on and killed my new capture anyways.

Many a terracorp pilot have since died to repay that blood debt.
Orange wing misfit Meep Meep

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 01:51

I'm not sure the 'regular missile' response is correct.

I once (not sure how) had the missile view HUD window up, the Remote Missile when fired was steerible within that window - my ship speed dropped to 0 and was unresponsive to joystick controlls. I could not quite figure out how to steer it properly but it looked possible (was busy trying to shut it off so I get get on with killling Khaak's)

I've tried once more to recreate that experience with no luck... go figure. :?

btw this is not a 'UFO Base' type reply.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 05:53

This is what I remember. I was just reinstalling x3 from steam when I had to spend 2 hours on the phone to my ISP.

** just reinstalled X3:R and I cannot find a single ship that will mount a remote guided warhead! this is most distressing!**

**well there we go, an extensive search of X3R 2.0, google and an entire 2007 ship stats spreasheet and there is not a single ship that I can find in X3R that can mount a remote guided warhead let alone launch and control one. the ONLY thing I can think of is it must have been when I briefly played with XTM. I'm sure I remember controlling one but apparently I don't lol**

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 09:20

Nope sorry no RGW in XTM (I'm currently playing it now.)

Perhaps you where dreaming? :D

Quinceya23
x4

Rgw

Post by Quinceya23 » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 12:15

Thanks all. I'm going to see if i can get it to work. Q.

Deathcheese
x4

Post by Deathcheese » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 02:46

Luke Skyscraper wrote: I briefly played with XTM. I'm sure I remember controlling one but apparently I don't lol**

you fly something similar in the main story :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”