Just how long to fry the Q with ID?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ubica

Just how long to fry the Q with ID?

Post by ubica » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 20:29

I have boarded all kinds of stuff so far, but one thing evades me; just how long does one need to fry Xenon Q with IDs to make him stop moving and firing at me. I have saved a couple of times in the progress of boarding, and apparently, I have been frying it with IDs for almost half an hour, and it's not even slowing down. It has constant speed varying form 96 to 105, no special protection systems on board, and it refuses to stop firing at me. 2 Cobras packed to the gills with seasoned marines are waiting for the damn thing to stop moving in adjanced sector, and I keep flying around it and discharging my guns for ages. I mean, if it is supposed to take like an hour or so, then I can only call it a bad implementation of generaly good idea. Am I missing something? :x

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 21:36

From what others have said, just continuously frying it with IonDs won't cause it to stop moving. It probably needs you to swap ships/jump out and back in to reset the command script on the other ship. Only then will it realise that it has no weapons to fight you with and give up.

Of course, you should do this once you've toasted all weapons, missiles and all but one shield :)

Tim

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 21:59

perkint wrote:From what others have said, just continuously frying it with IonDs won't cause it to stop moving. It probably needs you to swap ships/jump out and back in to reset the command script on the other ship. Only then will it realise that it has no weapons to fight you with and give up.

Of course, you should do this once you've toasted all weapons, missiles and all but one shield :)

Tim
I agree. Just to clarify - you have to fry only the weapons that are mounted, so check the info page, not the cargo hold.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 22:06

You have an M7M so you don't need to get it to stop, you just need to burn off the mounted weapons. So long as the weapons are destroyed you can pod your marines to it no problem.

Necrosexual

Post by Necrosexual » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 23:48

I hear you need 20 5 star marines to capture xenon ships.
Are you sure you really want that Q?

ubica

Post by ubica » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 00:26

I want it only cause I don't have one yet. Plus, I would like to see how it differs from my Tiger. Don't get me wrong, I like Tiger a lot but why not try the Q since it is already in the game?

ubica

Post by ubica » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 00:28

And there are 40 5 star marines waiting to sacrifice their lives for noble cause.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 01:58

it takes ages for that last weapon to go, fry it for longer then 30 minutes, then once the last weapon is gone, then swap ships and see if it'll stop for you.

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 12:27

to say it simply... very long.
to say it exactly... i tried it and needed like 40-45 min with HCP mounted all IDs on primary weapons.
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 21:35

You're probably best off practicing fighting skills. If you cut your speed to around 50 and strafe sideways roughly in its centreline, it will continually turn round you in a vain attempt to bring its main guns to bear.

ubica

Post by ubica » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 23:44

I fried the weapons of later on and attempted boarding, but all Boron task force showed up and killed the poor defenseless Q, so I'm calling it all off. It really isn't worth the trouble, my fleet is big enough as it is. I wanted to reverse engineer it, and make a nice Q wing, but what the hell...

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 00:07

Head into Xenon 101 and do it there. You should be able to clear everything else out if necessary :)

Tim

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:05

ubica wrote:I fried the weapons of later on and attempted boarding, but all Boron task force showed up and killed the poor defenseless Q, so I'm calling it all off. It really isn't worth the trouble, my fleet is big enough as it is. I wanted to reverse engineer it, and make a nice Q wing, but what the hell...
you have to get the Q to chase you way out into the sector before boarding operations so it's safe, like 30 km out of the Ecliptic.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:13

ubica wrote:I fried the weapons of later on and attempted boarding, but all Boron task force showed up and killed the poor defenseless Q, so I'm calling it all off. It really isn't worth the trouble, my fleet is big enough as it is. I wanted to reverse engineer it, and make a nice Q wing, but what the hell...
What, you're giving up because a school of slimey Boron came along and spoiled your fun? :P

Don't bother frying all the weapons if you're using an M7M to board with. Just drop its shields with Hammers, then send in your boarding pods along with a bunch of flails to distract the turrets. And if you've got marines trained to a high level in Engineering, you'll probably collect most of those weapons when it's yours. It's what M7M's do.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 09:49

Nanook wrote:Don't bother frying all the weapons if you're using an M7M to board with. Just drop its shields with Hammers, then send in your boarding pods along with a bunch of flails to distract the turrets. And if you've got marines trained to a high level in Engineering, you'll probably collect most of those weapons when it's yours. It's what M7M's do.
Nanook, he is talking about Q. It's very, very tricky to board it even when the ship lies dead in space. You have to send several waves of pods in precise timing. Doing this under IBL fire could be a frustrating experience.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

ubica

Post by ubica » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 13:12

It's not the IBL that causes my concern, rather the PBE fire from rear turrets. Anywayz, yesterday I had a very long double sector patrol with both Yaki and Pirates attacking, and it took like 2 and a half hours (I'm conqueror). It payed over 300M Cr, so I'll do some building now and leave the Q for later.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”