Anyone having problems fitting Titan (weaposn keep uninstalling themselves)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie

Anyone having problems fitting Titan (weaposn keep uninstalling themselves)

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 08:57

It seems while fitting my Titan today some of the weapons install fine, but some will install then seconds later uninstall themselves again... No matter what I do I cant get them to stay.
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

Sinxar

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 09:38

Are you playing TC or AP? Are you using MARS?

AP uses a stripped down version of MARS from what I understand. When you get in combat it should automatically equip the proper weapon for the situation and turret command.

Lea Flamma

Post by Lea Flamma » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 09:42

I had such a problem with Vidar once. Try reseting all turret commands to none. It might just help.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Tasogie

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 09:44

I just installed MARZ today... I didnt know that. But ILL try both thanks guys

edit playing AP vanilla

Sinxar

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 09:50

Yea i thought so, you need to go to the MARS thread and read the OP.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=207095
It is normal that only 1 laser is installed when there is nothing to shoot at.
These lasers are available for other turrets when not needed.

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 16:34

Once upon a time there was a game: X2 the threat. User Reven wrote a script for X2, which made it into the X2 Bonuspack: the AEGIS Gunnery Crews. The crews, among other things, did change installed turret guns to best match the situation. The NPC had crews by default, the player had to find and hire them.

Enter X3 Reunion. No more AEGIS; Reven had moved on. However, the vanilla NPC turrets did have similar "use the most effective" logic (most likely inspired by the X2 AEGIS features). The main attack commands do require that a ship has installed weapons (and target is a foe). Hence the "keep one gun installed" behaviour. Formally it would be quicker to install a gun in empty hardpoint than to first remove current weapon and then install the appropriate gun.

Early X3R versions had captured turreted ships still running their turret routines (occasionally, until reset). Some found the bug to be useful, but most were as confused as Tasogie was now.

Gazz wrote the MARS for X3R, just like Reven wrote the AEGIS for X2. Gazz wrote the MARS for X3TC. Gazz wrote the MARS for X3AP. The origin of vanilla X3AP turret routines I cannot tell with certainty.

tldr;

Know the vanilla game. Know the mods that you use. Then you can know what is a genuine problem.

Tasogie

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 23:12

hehe yer its all sorted now thanks (note to read the "thread" before asking question that are answered)

Sinxar

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 23:26

Tasogie wrote:hehe yer its all sorted now thanks (note to read the "thread" before asking question that are answered)
You don't need to read the thread. Just read the mod description and instructions. If the creator happened to make a guide, read that too.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”