DISCLAIMER: feel free to use this script in whole or in part any way you like, with due credit.
Trade Software for the Industrial Mogul
[ external image ] V2.02 here.
Access through the ship's Trade menu, Trade Software Mark II required.
Adds one new command to the ship's Trade Menu: Cargo Delivery Service
Why do I need this?
Imagine you have an industrial complex that needs silicon and a silicon mine that needs energy. With CDS you can assign a freighter to deliver energy from your complex to the mine and return with the silicon. No money need be involved. This way you can give the mine zero credits and it will work nevertheless. Industrial complexes can now become truly self sufficient even without being connected to a mine.
The software does not discriminate between products and resources. This means you can load energy cells from a complex although it uses it as a resource.
When does it stop working?:
If the hull of the freighter drops below 80% or if one of the stations is destroyed it will fly to the nearest shipyard and send you a message.
You need the [http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915]Plugin Manager by Cycrow[/url] to install this plugin. Use Cycrow's installer to place the files from the .spk into your game. The next time you start the game, you should see the commands in the trade menu.
Stop all freighters currently using the CDS command. Save and exit from X3TC. Use Cyrow's installer to remove the files placed into the \scripts and \t folders.
- Freighter transports a) one ware from one player-owned station to another [1-Way] or b) one ware from one station to another and a second ware from that station back to the first [2-Way], until told otherwise.
- Report the status of the ship as it goes about its work. Indicates the ship's current destination, and what ware is being bought/loaded or sold/unloaded.
- Restarts itself in the event of a new version, so no need to reissue orders to already assigned freighters.
- The last x% of a station's stock (configurable) is off limits to the CDS freighters.
- Freighters wait until they can haul at least x% of their capacity (configurable) before venturing forth.
- Built-in intelligence avoids a deadlock in case a 2-Way freighter can't load that x%.
- Jumpdrives are used if present. The necessary energy is taken from the departing station automatically.
- Option to allow cargo to be transferred among the stations without any credit changing hands. The only expense is the fuel for the jumpdrive (if present).
If anyone wants to translate this to another language, feel free to send me the translated t file and I'll be happy to include it in the spk/zip.