EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[Script] Ship Hijacker v1.1 by Nividium 05/01/09
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nosferatu666rules

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Nov 09, 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

thnx for this, at first it seems like using this would be considered 'too easy' but the time it takes from beaming it over to the time it actualy becomes yours is long enough to disprove that, and getting the shields to 0 isn't that easy either,

(this is only considered too easy if you use it on the
Spoiler
Yaki Orca for the Bali Gi mission, since the hull wont go below 93%)
Spoiler

Lord Bane

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 27. Jan 10, 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Computer component? as in the ware?

M3ds

PostPosted: Wed, 27. Jan 10, 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Its actually microchips you need but yes as in the ware. Make sure you get microchips though, it wont work with computer components. It takes one microchip for every ship hacked.

Sam Redstone

PostPosted: Wed, 3. Feb 10, 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not quite accurate, there.

If you download the actual script which this thread is about, which was created by Nividium and linked in the first post, then you need Computer Components.

If you then downloaded the modified file by a different poster, named Meltdown, then you will need Microchips.

Someone correct me if I'm getting it wrong. I'm about to try this script out myself (I will be trying Meltdown's modified version).

Every Boron dies. Squiddy McSquid truly lived.
Dragonessa

PostPosted: Wed, 30. Jun 10, 09:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I like this script. Makes sense that you could utilize that stupid transporter for something! Twisted Evil (You do need computer components by the way.)

The only negative seems to be if you have nothing targeted at all, you can still transport components... um... somewhere. Also some simple checks might be good. I can take over a UFO for instance. But perhaps that's a positive. (Though not much of one, you can't sell it or really fly it. One would think THAT would have been fixed in X3TC!)

For a suggestion.... if that Advanced Firewall software was more readily available AND on NPC ships, that should counter this. (Or perhaps just restrict larger ships?) It's true it's difficult to transport over to capital ships. Though I just managed to take over a TL. Very Happy

Also an interesting idea would be letting the NPC's try this out on player ships and each other. Again though, that would mean having Firewall software and a "bit" more work. Surprised

Meltdown

PostPosted: Thu, 1. Jul 10, 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sam Redstone wrote:
Not quite accurate, there.

If you download the actual script which this thread is about, which was created by Nividium and linked in the first post, then you need Computer Components.

If you then downloaded the modified file by a different poster, named Meltdown, then you will need Microchips.

Someone correct me if I'm getting it wrong. I'm about to try this script out myself (I will be trying Meltdown's modified version).

Correct. Nividium's version won't do you much good though, as the capped ships are essentially unusable.

Note that you still need Nividium's spk; you just replace the main script with mine.

Dragonessa

PostPosted: Fri, 2. Jul 10, 02:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Meltdown wrote:
.....Nividium's version won't do you much good though, as the capped ships are essentially unusable......

Why is that? I've used this script. The captured ships seem just fine.

Meltdown

PostPosted: Fri, 2. Jul 10, 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The AI routines don't reset, causing the captured ship to keep activating the autopilot every few seconds, doing what it was doing before it was capped. The ship is yours, but you can't order it around. Check last post on page 4 of this thread.

When I tested the script I was still using an old version of TC; it's possible that newer versions of the game fixed this problem. I also surmise it's possible that whether you get the error or not depends on the speed of your computer, as it's related to wait times (I solved it by artificially adding some wait time before the script command that clears the AI). Regardless, my modified versions change how the script works in other ways, which IMHO makes it less unbalanced and more enjoyable. YMMV. Smile

Dragonessa

PostPosted: Sat, 3. Jul 10, 06:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Interesting. I've used this script quite a bit and haven't ever had any trouble like you described. Though, my machine is fast so maybe that's it.

KRM398

PostPosted: Wed, 14. Jul 10, 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

hmmm haven't played fro a while, got a new tc setup in, and this hack, and the manager says its in but the hot key never shows up..been through the set up three times, uninstalling and trying again, and checked the script editor in game just in case..its not there either as far as I can see, either way not working for me now, maybe a change in game since then.

dhearon60

PostPosted: Fri, 24. Sep 10, 04:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Something Ive noticed with this script is that I went into Xenon Sector 347 and capped all the ships there, now no Xenon ships respawn there at all, its been a week since I cleared the sector like this and i was just waiting to see if they was taking a while but nothing, only thing left in the sector is the Xenon station.

narhiril

PostPosted: Fri, 24. Sep 10, 05:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Does this script have a success rate or chance of failure? If so, do Xenon ships have a dramatically reduced chance of success?

CEO of Miron Corporation, Kingdom End
Nividium

PostPosted: Fri, 24. Sep 10, 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ dhearon60

It could very well be that because you are not killing the Xenon or Khaak ships, but merely gaining control of them, that the "signal killed" is not being sent to the game engine. This would cause the "respawn" script to be bypassed. So, you could clear out a Xenon or Khaak sector by "hijacking" them instead of killing them, thus gaining control of the target sector. You may have just found a new important use for the Ship Hijacker software script. Thanks man.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

PostPosted: Sat, 25. Sep 10, 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

M3ds wrote:
Its actually microchips you need but yes as in the ware. Make sure you get microchips though, it wont work with computer components. It takes one microchip for every ship hacked.

No, it's Computer Components. I am using it and Computer Components work just fine.

It's a little OP, IMO since it not only can be used on ANYTHING (including stations), but you only need to carry 1 computer component around since once you hijack a ship, you can just transfer the component you used back to your personal ship.

Can I request a non-cheat feeling version that only allows you to hijack smaller ships (m5, m4, m3 and m3+ (not sure if M3+ ships are in TC...)TPs and TSs) and instead of actually transferring the computer component to the hijacked ship, it just deletes the CC from your cargo bay, never to be seen again?

mailleweaver

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Dec 10, 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I've created my own modification/expansion to this script. I decided to post it in its own thread, though because it has a lot more "features" and bugfixes. Check it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next