Boarding in 1.4 - The TP will simply not board ! Bug ?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Boarding in 1.4 - The TP will simply not board ! Bug ?

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 01:00

Theres a lot of discussion about inability to board at the moment.

Since 1.4 came out, my own experience is that a TP ordered to board will muck around for hours if you let it, and never actually get close enough to board.

The only way I can get boarding to happen in mission since 1.4 is Cycrows hotkey.

What changed in 1.4, that might have caused this ?

I'm unsure if the script itself was changed. But did the devs tweak the collision avoidance ?

Its like the TP trying to board cannot now get close enough to the target to actually initiate a boarding. Most of the time, it actually sits 3-4km behind the target ship and just follows it around.

The number of people complaining of boarding problems, all much the same, suggests there now is a serious problem with boarding.

Seriously though, while I'm on the subject, why cant the plot missions that do boarding allow you to fire a pod ?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 02:08

Just the Orca, or smaller ships like M6s as well?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 02:13

I cant say I've tried anything else.

But the general chat seems to indicate the Truelight Seeker mission is now impossible as well.

My gut feel is that the collision avoidance now prevents the boarding ship from getting into range 99% of the time. The 1 time I did get it to launch marines though, they were well out of position, and too slow to actually catch the ship, which was only doing 38kph, where later on it does 73.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”